• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
People should get free personal trainers and personal assistants. No one should be left without help.

Reactions: Snake of Eden
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
All politicians should be beheaded in public
95% Humanity is pure garbage and waste and wouldn't be missed if they just died

Last edited:
Reactions: Snake of Eden
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
Popular opinions that I have problem with:

Relgions (primarily Abrahamic ones) are very bad and have nothing good in them and never offered something for humanity.

All what we need and must know or learn has to come through science and experimentation. Subjective experiences should not be taken seriously as much if at all

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I believe that 9/11 was an inside job and a new world order with the illuminati behind it since 2001 until now with a goal to control every move we make soon.

GoldLeafIndigo

GoldLeafIndigo

It's Just The End Of Something
Jan 20, 2022
I never been to one since I'm not 21 yet. I don't care about drinking it is not a loss for me anyways. Usually women don't care if a handsome guy is touching them, but when it is a unattractive guy it is a different story. That is something that isn't consistent with women. I think men do it too as well. Personally I don't want any girl touching me without my permission unless I give hints she can. Even if she is pretty I'm going to tell her what she did was wrong. Well that could be possible too like you said. We all overreact sometimes in our lives.
Even if they are good looking, it's creepy. Touching other people who they are not on established physical affectionate terms with is like stating ownership on the person. It's an act of entitlement, and an invasion of boundaries.

Especially if the person--male or female--is self assured and good looking, I'll assume their touching me has a lot to do with their sense of entitlement and a right to other peoples--usually womens'--bodies.

I've heard of black people having white people come up and touch their hair like they have a right to. It's gross.
Psychiatrists and therapists didn't go to school to help their fellow (wo)man, they went to make a lot of money off your suffering. They sit in a little room all day and half the time they're probably pretending to listen while they're thinking about the great sex they had the night before.
I think some of them go to try to heal themselves. But that doesn't necessarily work, and they can take their issues out on their patients. I've had some helpful ones and many useless ones. The proper diagnosis has made a huge difference for me.

Last edited:
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Especially if the person--male or female--is self assured and good looking, I'll assume their touching me has a lot to do with their sense of entitlement and a right to other peoples--usually womens'--bodies
This is absurdly common, and it irritates the shit out of me as well, people this entitled don't stop at the touching (they think everyone would love and be honored to be touched by them), they also enjoy giving unsolicited opinions and advice, as well as steamrolling others in conversations and expecting them to appreciate it.
The smoke (and steam) that will radiate out of their ears when you reject their pushy ways..especially if they deem you as "less than"…Jesus Christ, it's like witnessing a fucking railway locomotive.
I've dealt with too many people like this in my life, and just had to endure another one recently-albeit somewhat indirectly-it's fucking tedious.

Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
I honestly don't understand why many of those who criticize christianity or catholicism overprotect islam, because what they defend is basically the same thing they criticize, but worse mostly 'cause the power it still hold. I just don't understand the logic behind it.

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I honestly don't understand why many of those who criticize christianity or catholicism overprotect islam, because what they defend is basically the same thing they criticize, but worse mostly 'cause the power it still hold. I just don't understand the logic behind it.
Yea I've seen it go both ways, it's bizarre hypocrisy.
I basically reject all of it but religion still interests me from an analytical and educational perspective (similar to how any story or piece of work would), the texts and their history can be interesting even if I have an issue with the ideology or practices that they are used to justify.
They should absolutely not be used to hold power over others or to instill blind faith and beliefs based on wishful thinking and misinterpretation.

GoldLeafIndigo

GoldLeafIndigo

Jan 20, 2022
Yungire,
I think it comes from a sense that it's more reasonable to criticize groups and beliefs that we are more familiar with and may even have been harmed by.

For example, I'm of European descent and have lived in the US all of my life. My coworker is Indian and came to the US with her parents as a child. While we both agree that some of the patients who come to the clinic we work in can be demanding and annoying, she is more critical of the immigrant population than I am.

There's a very high foreign demographic there. She's actually a very conscientious person, and tries to help folks. But it's just easier to judge annoying traits one is familiar with.

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
In the U.S. at least I think some feel more comfortable criticizing "our own" while inadvertently defending significantly more regressive cultures abroad, thus betraying their own principles in a misguided attempt to thwart xenophobia. Basically conflating two separate issues, is my interpretation of it. I will happily criticize any religion or culture because I am consistent in hating everything. Consistency is key. 🗝️

Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
Yea I've seen it go both ways, it's bizarre hypocrisy.
I basically reject all of it but religion still interests me from an analytical and educational perspective (similar to how any story or piece of work would), the texts and their history can be interesting even if I have an issue with the ideology or practices that they are used to justify.
They should absolutely not be used to hold power over others or to instill blind faith and beliefs based on wishful thinking and misinterpretation.
I agree it, the historical importance of religion is undeniable, it'ss unlikely that it will be studied from an anthropological perspective in high school, because when many delve into their sacred book they disbelieve and when noticing all the biases and contradictions it makes you wonder, you question a lot of things that end up destroying the narrative, it is something that happens a lot with the Abrahamic religions due to how alien several of their followers are to their sacred books. After researching for a while I realized why the bible was like that, beyond the many historical misrepresentations, the inconsistencies of the text itself were due to its anthological nature as it is made up of many oral traditions and texts, it's also being the sacred book that underwent more modifications and additions throughout history as well as many of its ordinances were a reflection of the the Jewish people's morality from the bronze age.
Yungire,
I think it comes from a sense that it's more reasonable to criticize groups and beliefs that we are more familiar with and may even have been harmed by.

For example, I'm of European descent and have lived in the US all of my life. My coworker is Indian and came to the US with her parents as a child. While we both agree that some of the patients who come to the clinic we work in can be demanding and annoying, she is more critical of the immigrant population than I am.

There's a very high foreign demographic there. She's actually a very conscientious person, and tries to help folks. But it's just easier to judge annoying traits one is familiar with.
In the U.S. at least I think some feel more comfortable criticizing "our own" while inadvertently defending significantly more regressive cultures abroad, thus betraying their own principles in a misguided attempt to thwart xenophobia. Basically conflating two separate issues, is my interpretation of it. I will happily criticize any religion or culture because I am consistent in hating everything. Consistency is key. 🗝️
Thanks! Both of you gave me a better perspective. NumbltAll reminded me of something a friend told me on the subject, since he explained to me that the taboo of criticizing Islam in certain places originates from the fact that it's socially frowned upon to criticize foreign religions, since is related to hatred by retrogrades towards any ethnic or cultural difference, he argued that the right to criticize is more important than the privilege of certain groups not to be criticized, because if they cannot be questioned, a change cannot be generated in their followers, otherwise we would fall into stagnation.

GoldLeafIndigo

GoldLeafIndigo

Jan 20, 2022
I've never been a fan of the bible or the superstitious importance people place in the beliefs of a tribal sky god. I'm taking a class in Judaism from a local synagogue, though, because I'm interested in religion, especially Buddhism & Judaism.

I have to say, the people I've encountered in this congregation have been very welcoming, and both queer and disability friendly. The rabbis have ways of interpreting the texts in insightful, socially conscious ways rather than through rigidity or belief. The folks are pretty cool. However, much of the bible itself legit makes me cringe.

Reactions: Ringo
Onthe29th

Onthe29th

Experienced
Dec 28, 2021
I don't think good and evil exists. I think people are far more complex then that.

Reactions: PrisonBreak
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Visionary
May 5, 2020
Human beings have destroyed this world beyond repair. Climate change is going to be the least of your concerns when the bombs go off.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
The DEFINITION of communism actually sounds quite nice:

'a theory or system of social organization in which all property is owned by the community and each person contributes and receives according to their ability and needs.'

Shame the reality doesn't seem to work out like that...

Jarni

Jarni

Memento mori
Dec 12, 2020
Lots... General thinking is based on cliche, misinformation and very old dogmas. Lots of ideas are false. People weirdly don't question them at all.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Western society is collapsing.

Most people are sheep.

There is no god.
I actually think you'd find lots of support for each of these. Some may still be minority opinions, but I think millions (or even billions) would agree with each point.

F

ForsakenDial

Student
Aug 20, 2021
Dogs are violent animals that shouldn't be trusted. Dogs are not much different than people. And if a dog attacks you, no matter the background or history people will always blame the victim or the owners instead of just admitting dogs are just aggressive disgusting animals inherently.

You have to train a dog not to tear your face off. They will steal food from you and then "resource guard" the very thing they take from you. Leading them to maul you to death. Or maybe they need even less of a reason; Just them deciding to do it all of a sudden. If you have two dogs, one dog can just decide to attack you and the other will join in no matter how long you had them.

Dogs don't love you. They are weapons. They lack an ability to feel guilt, they don't think, they just do. I have nothing but contempt for dogs.

littlelady774

littlelady774

running on empty
Dec 20, 2018
Dogs are violent animals that shouldn't be trusted. Dogs are not much different than people. And if a dog attacks you, no matter the background or history people will always blame the victim or the owners instead of just admitting dogs are just aggressive disgusting animals inherently.

You have to train a dog not to tear your face off. They will steal food from you and then "resource guard" the very thing they take from you. Leading them to maul you to death. Or maybe they need even less of a reason; Just them deciding to do it all of a sudden. If you have two dogs, one dog can just decide to attack you and the other will join in no matter how long you had them.

Dogs don't love you. They are weapons. They lack an ability to feel guilt, they don't think, they just do. I have nothing but contempt for dogs.
I'm more of a cat person myself :)

Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
Loving life to me translates like cowardice. They fear death, so claim to love life to hide the pathetic-ness of it.

To be a good person, you don't necessarily have to do good deeds. You just have not to do harm others and mind your own business. If more people didn't do either good or bad to their fellow human, this world would be better.