• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
  • Guilt-tripping children about masturbation and stuff should be considered abuse. (I mean specifically using guilt, e.g. explaining that other people don't do that in public and might react inadequately would be 100% not abuse).
  • Anything that happens between any number of people, provided they have informed consent, must not be persecuted. That includes doing any drugs (you're only harming yourself, if you're isolated from non-users), any kind of fetishes, fight club style beatings, assisted suicide, whatever.
  • About half views expressed here aren't unpopular, but stupid (stupidity is very popular, and is on the rise!). I'll let you decide which of mine are, but beware of the liar's paradox.

voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
I didn't post this to troll up a fight. This seriously bothers me. And this thread gave me a space to say so without causing derailings or direct casualties to those with presumably good intentions.

It's fine, what's said in this thread stays in this thread. And for what it's worth, I think people above should slow down with attacks on other opinions voiced here.

Show respect for other members. We will not tolerate disrespect.

• Harass, bully, or insult other members.
    • Harassment or bullying does nothing to help those that are already hurting, and it will probably make it worse. If someone says something that you disagree with; there's no need to insult or harass them for it.

• Troll or proselytize.
    • Don't try to impose your views on other members or post threads that are inflammatory to get people riled up.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
It's fine, what's said in this thread stays in this thread. And for what it's worth, I think people above should slow down with attacks on other opinions voiced here.

Show respect for other members. We will not tolerate disrespect.

• Harass, bully, or insult other members.
    • Harassment or bullying does nothing to help those that are already hurting, and it will probably make it worse. If someone says something that you disagree with; there's no need to insult or harass them for it.

• Troll or proselytize.
    • Don't try to impose your views on other members or post threads that are inflammatory to get people riled up.

I have considered what you said. Thank you for quoting forum rules. I am deleting the post because the rules ring true enough that deleting is the wisest and most respectful choice.

voyager

voyager

Nov 25, 2019
I have considered what you said. Thank you for quoting forum rules. I am deleting the post because the rules ring true enough that deleting is the wisest and most respectful choice.
No, wasn't referring to you. The others here had a fight just now. Don't worry about it.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
No, wasn't referring to you. The others here had a fight just now. Don't worry about it.

Well, you quoted me, and upon reflection the first part of that post could have caused hurt feelings. If I felt right about my action, I wouldn't have tried to preemptively defend it. It's like saying, "I'm not a racist, but..."

I think this thread may actually encourage passive-aggressive venting of forum-based grievances, and lead to a need for moderator vigilance. I certainly took encouragement, and I needed the reminder of the rules.

Posting our unpopular opinions may give us a chance to get things off our chests, but may require too much of others who read to not argue against the opinions. I think this thread, started with humor, is likely a tinder box.

Last edited:
voyager

voyager

Nov 25, 2019
Well, you quoted me, and upon reflection the first part of that post could have caused hurt feelings. If I felt right about my action, I wouldn't have tried to preemptively defend it. It's like saying, "I'm not a racist, but..."

I think this thread may actually encourage passive-aggressive venting of forum-based grievances, and lead to a need for moderator vigilance. I certainly took encouragement, and I needed the reminder of the rules.

Posting our unpopular opinions may give us a chance to get things off our chests, but may require too much of others who read to not argue against the opinions. I think this thread, started with humor, is likely a tinder box.

Yes, I quoted you because I wanted to reassure you that it wasn't offensive and I doubt anyone else saw it that way. Then I referred to the others above to stay calm because they were fighting. Posts which have now been deleted. Guess you missed that. What a mess, I should've just shut up. :pfff:

I agree, it could encourage that, but I feel as long as we avoid getting personal it can work, and it did so this past week. Thus, I really wasn't referring to your post, because I didn't feel you were doing so. What you call a preemptive defence to me is a polite way of saying that you didn't want to offend someone like Jean perhaps?

As for restraining oneself, it's not a problem to me. The thread's premise is clear and I don't see the point in attacking each other's opinions. This is a friendly community, and yet I could have gotten in one or two arguments over the past month. But I let it slide, because I'm just here to relate, not to proselytise.

As for what you wrote, it doesn't bother me, but considering it does you and some others it was a legitimate point to make.

Last edited:
Hexen

Hexen

Student
Aug 12, 2019
Why was my post deleted? I had an unpopular opinion and said it. It's not my fault some people can't handle it and get triggered.

Here it is again:

There are two genders: male and female. I think the whole gender thing is absolutely dumb and makes no sense. If you are a male then you are a male, if you are a female then you are a female. This demiboy, agender stuff, etc. is just some roleplay for people who don't have better things to do in their lives. We have women who like to dress as men (tomboys) and that's completely fine but that person is still a she. Calling someone them or they is ridiculous. I'm not a right-winger nor do I deny anyone's existence which is what some people like to twist this into. These people have every human right to do what they want but I should not be forced to support their fantasies. It's about truth, like when a schizophrenic person says there is an elephant on the doorway but there is nothing there. I am not going to lie to that person, I am going to tell him that there is nothing there.

nitrogen

nitrogen

Schrödinger's cat
Nov 5, 2019
There was a fight that got deleted? Oh man, I'm always late, just love to rubberneck. :hmph:

Anticipating more fights breaking out due to the provocative nature of the thread topic. I'm gonna post this meme here.
Screen Shot 2020 02 02 at 91728 AM

Here's my unpopular opinions:
* Only my consciousness truly exists (solipsism), everybody else might just be characters in a virtual reality simulation I'm trapped in.

* Times is an illusion.

* Aliens and demons are real.

Last edited:
Lady Lazarus 2020

Lady Lazarus 2020

Student
Jan 25, 2020
Maybe not so uncommon here....

US thanksgiving reveres genocide.

Christmas, Valentines and Halloween are opportunistic, economic shams.

New Years is an absurd numbers game.

Birthdays introduce privileged narcissism.

July 4th is jingoistic nonsense disguised as patriotism.
YAAASSSSSSS! All. Of. This.
When I'm in a bar, it's a very unpopular opinion of mine that women should be treated like their bodies are their own and that their boundaries should be respected.
Word!

Phill

Phill

Student
Dec 19, 2019
Don't care about global warming and it affects on the planet. Ya, im sure its real but i legit dont give a fuck about it
Same here. I also believe it's real, but as a natural cycle of the planet, not something caused by us. That's why I don't give a damn about it.

Vault of Memories

Vault of Memories

A temporary being in a temporary world
Mar 24, 2020
I don't hate "Breeders" and I think that people trying to stop people from suicide genuinely have a good heart. Also think most therapists do actually give a shit about their patients, and hearing a patient of theirs would drive them into constantly overthinking what they could've done and possibly even blaming them self.

These aren't unpopular to the general public, but I think they are to people on this site.

Justcheckingout

Justcheckingout

Jul 27, 2020
America never had a single 'culture'. It was and always will be made up of a bunch of shit borrowed from other cultures and mashed together. The idea of saving or losing American culture is laughable to me.

The population shrinking the way experts believe it will isn't a problem imo.

The average person doesn't actually understand their rights

No one should be worshipping the 1%. They don't care about the working class and you aren't going to become them. Working your way up from nothing is a fallacy.

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
America never had a single 'culture'. It was and always will be made up of a bunch of shit borrowed from other cultures and mashed together. The idea of saving or losing American culture is laughable to me.

The population shrinking the way experts believe it will isn't a problem imo.

The average person doesn't actually understand their rights

No one should be worshipping the 1%. They don't care about the working class and you aren't going to become them. Working your way up from nothing is a fallacy.
What about the gun culture? That seems to be a very unique American thing that doesn't really exist anywhere else in the world.

melancholy_lily

melancholy_lily

May 21, 2020
Everyone should be required to use some form of birth control while fertile, both men and women. Have as much sex as you want but you can't reproduce unless you are approved to be competent and financially secure enough to raise a kid. Nothing breaks my heart more than unwanted/neglected/abused children or pets.

I know this would lead to corruption and eugenics so it would not work irl unfortunately.

Yoffi

Yoffi

I can't dance, I want to dance
Aug 8, 2019
Alright, here's some of my unpopular opinions:
  • Christianisation of Europe was the worst thing to ever happen to the "western world"
  • Africa and the middle east would be much better off if they remained European colonies
  • Millionaire/Billionaires deserve all their wealth even if it was inherited from their parents
  • Out of all the LGBT movement, only homosexuality, bisexuality, and asexuality are valid, every other "sexuality" is either made up or its just people who are in denial about their true sexuality
  • transgenderism is based on a mental disorder (body integrity disorder) and should be treated as one
  • Australians and Scots have the best accents out of all the English-speaking world
I also wanted to include that the USA gained too much from 9/11 for it not to be a planned event, but it doesn't seem like an unpopular opinion anymore :pfff:

Last edited:
Shinkansen

Shinkansen

life is pain
Jul 14, 2020
- sex is dirty and disgusting;
- this planet is too small for eight billion people, at least half would be exterminated to allow this world to breathe better;
- I hate the rich: the people who own too much are the main cause of poverty in the world, there is a strong disparity in the distribution of wealth, there are those who have everything and those who have nothing;
- most of the subjects taught in schools are useless and studying them is a waste of time;
- love doesn't exist. there is only sexual attraction and economic interest;
- every single citizen should have the right to request euthanasia without giving explanations to anyone, life is mine and I do what I want;
- cars suck and driving sucks even more, technological and scientific progress should have eliminated all these cars which are very dangerous and only serve to pollute and cause accidents, instead cars only increase, becoming heavier and more dangerous, as well as more ugly.
have you ever seen thousands of cars in a large parking lot? they look like garbage.

Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
The sheeple in my city who are dutifully wearing their masks and snitching on each other are driving me crazy! First of all, I have PTSD and a mask isn't going over my face without a scene. And I'm glad for the medical exemption because, secondly, we're way past the point of logically trying to prevent illness. The numbers are too small for this; at this point it's nothing more than the manifestation of a pre-planned social experiment, testing how far we'll follow ridiculous rules.

Is my bus here yet!? :meh:

Last edited:
sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
  • "Mumble rap" can be good
  • Listening to opinions different from yours helps you grow - you can disagree but I think it does good to at least hear them out

C

Cutepoison

Losing all hope was freedom
Dec 22, 2019
Suicide is not that bad/not that big of a deal, since we all are gonna die anyway. What makes it tragic is that we don't talk about it openly, in fear that doing so would imply encouraging it. I wish every country had assisted suicide clinics and that they didn't require such extensive documentation and justification in order to get green light.

NomadicWolf382

NomadicWolf382

I want to drift into the lucid dream, endlessly...
Jun 11, 2020
I give humanity less than 50 years before we completely kill everything, including ourselves off, and make this planet nothing more than a uninhabitable barren wasteland. Whatever comes after generation z is probably going to be the last. I'll just call it generation Omega.

Last edited:
Reactions: again_noidea
W3akCr3atur3

W3akCr3atur3

Empty and hollow
Aug 3, 2020
Some people truly can't be saved from suffering in life (either physically or mentally) and doing ctb.
Loving life isn't the only right mental attitude way and not what everybody must do.

Extreme metal generes can express way more emotions than pop/rap music.

Being yourself is way more important than being polite and trying to make everybody like/respect you.

Loneliness is better than having lots of fake friends or random people around you.

Last edited: