• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

obei

obei

This is the only place where you can say “kys”
Aug 4, 2023
So I took a year off due to my mental health after high school. Now I will start to prepare for uni.
So, for context, I wanna study character design. Here we have harder unis to get to and their diploma will be real worth, and there is one which isnt really uni but something like college I think, idk the word. It is 3 years long and is easier to get into, and will maybe be a bit easier.
So my mother thinks I should try to get into harder uni cause she "believes I can do it", but I really dont agree. My mental health is kinda getting worse, and the thought of going to that big, hard uni is making me have panic attacks, and I feel I will ctb if I chose this hard path.
But if I choose the easier one, ill still have the diploma, just not a prestige one, and my mental health will be somewhat better.
My mother thinks I can get into the hard one and ill be fine, just need "organisation and support".
How to get over this? I always try to please everyone, and this situation is gonna make my mental health worse.
I just wanna ctb so I dont go to either and not gonna have to please another person ever again lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: logi3535 and Praestat_Mori
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
Well, the first and most obvious point: it's your life and your decision. Your mum's well entitled to say what she thinks and you should take it into consideration but the decision is ultimately yours.

I do think you should also consider whether it's the right time to go to university. If you're not at your best it may be better to hold off and go when you're in better form. You can go to university at any age. What you don't want to happen is mess it up halfway through and then you can't go back in the future because you can't get any more loans/grants.

If you do go, be as open as you can about your mental health. This will help you get the support you need if you do find yourself struggling at any point during the course.

Reactions: obei