• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

HelloIamSummer

HelloIamSummer

Very tired
Nov 5, 2022
Hey!
I've been thinking a lot lately. And I need to get a few things off my chest. No one is probably going to read this, but here we go.
My last attempt was on 12th November 2022. That's almost ¾ year ago. I was in a bad state. I didn't really want to die, but I was so hopeless I didn't know what else to do. That's the last time (hopefully) I went to a psychiatric hospital.
A lot has changed since. My therapist has been asking what has changed, why did I go from a wreck to a happy person in under a year. She thinks I decided I'm going to be happy and just went for it. She's always implying that. But honestly I don't know. I forget my past a lot. I have to look at my phone gallery to remember what I've done. I don't remember what I did yesterday. Which is making recovery really hard, because I literally cannot learn from the past. I feel very confused, like reality is not real?? I don't even know if what I'm writing makes sense. I'd love to say that it gets better. And it does. But even though I've got better, I have no idea how.
I genuinely enjoy life. No matter what happens, I just want to live. I don't care what happens or how I feel, because I feel like I'll still enjoy this. Even the sad parts. It is kind of strange. I haven't been like this for years. And I really wish this to everyone. To be at peace with everything.
Though, I'm kind of scared this, too, will pass. I really hope that at least the will to live will stay.
Anyway that's what I wanted to share. I know it doesn't really make sense. But I guess I just felt lonely and wanted to share this with someone. I feel like lately I don't have anyone to talk to. And maybe it will give someone hope. Because I really thought I was ready to die. But I would've never lived these moments and it makes me a little sad that I couldn't see that. It is all so cliché. Maybe I just needed to find these things out myself and not just hear them from anyone else.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
There can be a window of time that feels real to a person. For example, a three year old may understand five minutes into the past or future, but being told that he can have a cookie tomorrow may be too abstract for him. A teenager might find that his "world" consists of up to two weeks into the past or future, anything outside of that may feel unreal to him.

There can be an advantage to having bad experiences fade from memory. It sort of helps each new day become an opportunity for a fresh start.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
In my 67 years on this planet, I have had awesome times, horrible times and everything in between. I so agree with @timf, that each day brings an opportunity for a fresh start and a fresh perspective.

Yes, I have had 2 attempts, brought on by an ex who LOVES gambling, no matter who she hurt in the process. A slot machine is her not only best friend but her husband. But I found SaSu and all the fantastic folks here and at least for me, yep, new day and a new perspective.

Walter

Reactions: Cepi