paoS

paoS

Feb 23, 2023
that fucking sucks, I'm fortunate that I've been told from a young age on that you should never be honest to be successful in any career. The best examples of this can be found on the top of capitalist society, those pigs never say anything remotely truthful. wishing you the best, I'm sure it will get better on the next job because you learned your lesson, even if the resentment for this cruel world won't

T

thebusislatetonight

Jan 12, 2023
Employer is not your friend ever.
Actually, "noone is a friend and noone is a fool", as they sing in one song. This is sad.

I always laugh about those disclaimers of diversity and inclusion. This is just their legal team working, nothing else.
True. D&I seems like a massive joke to me.
That is so unfair. I don't think they realize that for a person in your situation, having a job that you actually like to do and keeping busy will be a critical component of your recovery. Damning you to stay indoors all the time, with therapy appointments as your only scheduled weekly activity, is going to contribute towards depression rather than ameliorate it.

It just sounds like the company does not want to put in any effort at all to accommodate employees with health conditions, even if the adjustment would be something as small as booking a slot of time off for you each week. They aren't doing any of this for your sake, they're doing it because they are greedy and don't want to lose money by allowing their employees to have flexible schedules.
Absolutely. This is such bullshit. My mom even spoke to them and they repeated the same crap to her. My mom told them that this would make everything even worse for me and they didn't care one bit.
that seems illegal, you should sue them.
You should sue them, and describe your case publicly online wherever possible with company name included.
I really want to but can't pursue legal action. It's too much effort on my part and my loss would be greater than theirs. If I manage to find anything else, then I will post on LinkedIn.
As shitty as the situation is, @EndlesssDream makes a good point. Sorry this happened OP, I hope you find an employer who is more reasonable.
Thank you for your words. I hope so too.
Im so sorry to hear this and I think that company stinks and should be ashamed. Family have said to me why don't I mention my personal health issues at work or confide in someone. I will never ever confide in any work colleague and I won't tell my employer either. I'm in a sticky position as I'm currently on a 12 month contract after which they will take me on permanently. If I mention anything I'd be out on my arse straight away.
im guessing the OP is either in the US or UK, I think in Europe it may not be that bad but I'm not risking it.
i wish the OP all the best and hope you find something else.
Thanks you for your words. I'm actually based in India. I never thought it would be this bad with employers but here we are.

Last edited:
novem

novem

Experienced
May 9, 2022
True. D&I seems like a massive joke to me.

Absolutely. This is such bullshit. My mom even spoke to them and they repeated the same crap to her. My mom told them that this would make everything even worse for me and they didn't care one bit.

I really want to but can't pursue legal action. It's too much effort on my part and my loss would be greater than theirs. If I manage to find anything else, then I will post on LinkedIn.

Thank you for your words. I hope so too.

Thanks you for your words. I'm actually based in India. I never thought it would be this bad with employers but here we are.
Just post it on glassdoor/indeed right away, why wait!

Samsara

Samsara

Experienced
Mar 9, 2020
I finally found something I really wished to do. The position, the company - I had dreamed about. And on the first fucking day, after receiving my contract, I told them that I may have to move some hours around to attend therapy for depression.

And the next day? They took my fucking appointment away. Why? Because I "wilfully suppressed material facts about my medical condition that would affect the job role and work schedules".

It's fucking 2023. You shouldn't have to lose a job because you're in treatment for depression. It makes NO SENSE. Not to mention it's completely illegal and unethical. I mean, they didn't even give me a chance to prove myself. I know my work and I could have been a solid addition to their team. And I could have helped my family with the money I'd get.

I sent so many emails to ask them to be sensitive and understanding. But NO, it's a "BUSINESS DECISION" made by management. And they're supposedly "doing it for my sake". That I should take the time to recover.

And I TOLD THEM during the fucking interview. I told them I was home because of my health and was trying to recover. I requested them so much. I can't believe how cold-hearted they are. I told them the job was something I looked forward to and gave me hope.

They took that away. And now I'm back where I was, with even more motivation to die.

This is what you get for being honest and transparent with your employer. I hate them for this. They didn't even reply to my emails or calls. They said "you have to understand our position as well". HR are fucking snakes.
I am so sorry this happened, what absolute bastards. This absolutely sounds illegal and like discrimination, which is not allowed under the Americans with disabilities act, assuming you're in the USA

T

thebusislatetonight

Jan 12, 2023
I am so sorry this happened, what absolute bastards. This absolutely sounds illegal and like discrimination, which is not allowed under the Americans with disabilities act, assuming you're in the USA
Unfortunately I'm based in India. Laws don't do shit here. :(

H

HayBunny23

GuiltyLittleBunny
Feb 15, 2023
"you deserve to starve to death because you have depression" "we're really doing it for your own good" WTF.
But go on and tell me how suicide is wrong but this is okay? Pffffffh