• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Here's three words, ideas, concepts for the day:
Saudade - a deep emotional state of nostalgic or profound melancholic longing for an absent something or someone that one cares for and/or loves.
Moreover, it often carries a repressed knowledge that the object of longing might never be had again. It is the recollection of feelings, experiences, places, or events that once brought excitement, pleasure, and well-being, which now trigger the senses and make one experience the pain of separation from those joyous sensations. However it acknowledges that to long for the past would detract from the excitement you feel towards the future.
Sehnsucht - a German noun translated as "longing", "desire", "yearning", or "craving". Some psychologists use the word to represent thoughts and feelings about all facets of life that are unfinished or imperfect, paired with a yearning for ideal alternative experiences.
Hiraeth - a Welsh word for homesickness or nostalgia, an earnest longing or desire, or a sense of regret. The feeling of longing for a home that never was. A deep and irrational bond felt with a time, era, place or person.

Neither word really captures this vague shit feeling, especially not saudade, but they're things to think about I guess. It doesn't seem spiritual/religious, it's not an environmental issue, it's not something I can really pin down to anything in particular. Just a vague, deep, exhausting psychogenic ache. Feels like I'm rotting, all the time. It's stubborn and defeating. Lonely. There is no joy, satisfaction, or pleasure; there's only this pain.

Please feel free to write your thoughts, feelings, whatever. About this post, your life, your day, etc.

** copied and pasted the descriptions at the top from Wikipedia, too exhausted to work it out in my own words.

Last edited:
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
I think you described it all quite well. I can relate.
The post was very interesting as I have not heard those three words before.
Thank you.

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
I think you described it all quite well. I can relate.
The post was very interesting as I have not heard those three words before.
Thank you.
No problem. Hope it's some food for thought.

SpinTop555

SpinTop555

Nov 16, 2020
Those three words resonate with me, longing, yearning, regret, for a person... I don't want to care about them, I don't want to miss them or feel attached to them, I want to feel completely indifferent about them. I wish I was a psychopath just towards them, in that I would have no emotion towards them whatsoever.

I can relate to the feeling of rotting, from the inside out, and the outside in. It's sickening.

Reactions: BitterlyAlive_
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Those three words resonate with me, longing, yearning, regret, for a person... I don't want to care about them, I don't want to miss them or feel attached to them, I want to feel completely indifferent about them. I wish I was a psychopath just towards them, in that I would have no emotion towards them whatsoever.

I can relate to the feeling of rotting, from the inside out, and the outside in. It's sickening.
That's fair, and sounds very painful. But I'm sure most people, especially on here, can relate with that at least.