• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

peachesNpoison

peachesNpoison

Student
Dec 25, 2018
Dunno if anyone's heard of Stephin Merritt but he's a really great composer who counts many other artists as fans (ex. Peter Gabriel said something about him being the greatest living american songwriter). His music has kept me going through a lot of hard times. This seems like the most appropriate to post here, especially for all the other NfromA method people:

D

DisaffectedOne

I first heard this song in a tribute video to Gia Allemand, who lost her life in a similar way I was planning mine. Lost the love of her life via rejection, a multi-millionaire NBA player, and used a vacuum cable. She's best known as appearing on The Bachelor. So beautiful, but couldn't handle the lose, knowing she could never replace him.

I don't think there exists a more somber piano track.

Chris Zabriskie - Androids Always Escape

wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018

Milotic by Sabrepulse. I've always been a fan of chiptune but this song makes me feel like I'm being lifted up into the heavens while playing my Gameboy. Because of songs like this one, I've thought about actually buying a refurbished Gameboy with LSDJ software to make my own chiptunes.

If you're a fan of chiptune, you may enjoy Random.

All their stuff feels good in the ears.

wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
Young man. I have a gift for you.

Sit down, take your shoes off, put on some headphones, and let this just flow through you. Shuggie Otis (The singer) wrote the song, and played all the instruments himself. This song is best appreciated with the help of plants.

God damn, good post. My ears need a cigarette after that one.

I skimmed through the album and can definitely say that I'll be on the lookout next time I splurge on records.

15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018

For some reason I've started listening to a bit of kpop which I guess is a little embarrassing, but hey. One of the reasons I like this song so much is for the video, I just really like how it's been shot and I love the choreography. I really like dancing I'm planning on starting lessons soon so it's always fun watching different dances and things like that

BagofBones

BagofBones

Jan 1, 2019

This song saved my life once. I was watching the sunset over DTLA from a cliff with a beautiful view. I had my supplies in hand and i had already downed two bottles of wine. I was waiting for the tourists to disperese...I took a hanffull of pills and downed them with wine. I put my headphones on and hit shuffle while smoking a joint in a popular Hollywood location.. I had never heard this song and my phone was on shuffle.. this song made me thing twice because I realized I would never be able to love music if I were dead...it was a good deterent for awhile. Haha

Hunter

Hunter

Experienced
Sep 14, 2018

I'm not ashamed to say I've listened to Jewel's music off and on a lot lately. I've always had a fascination with her because she was also living from her van for a period of time and wrote a lot of her best songs during that dark period of her life. Like myself, she also had to grow up in an abusive home and try to heal from that.

Anyway, I think this is her best song. It's an unrequited love song about a boy she liked in high school who barely knew her. It was a poem first, then a guitar song, then adapted to the piano.

killing me softly

killing me softly

don't wake me, i plan on sleeping in
Dec 28, 2018
iron & wine's Boy with a Coin...

i have been into iron & wine for a while now...i find the music a combination of soothing, melancholy, thought provoking, intriguing. in short i find myself getting lost in it. this song is no different. it's lyrically and musically beautiful and the video absolutely compelling.

ctrl_alt_delete

ctrl_alt_delete

r e p l i c a n t
Nov 14, 2018
Wagner ~ 'Tristan und Isolde': Prelude & Isolde's Liebestod (Wilhelm Furtwängler& Kirsten Flagstad, 1951)

This is the actual recording used in the film 'Melancholia' by Lars von Trier, which makes a wonderful visual backdrop to this it was almost all worth it musical moment. Kirsten Flagstad, in this, her last ever performance as Isolde, brings me to the brink of tears.

Utterly breathtaking, every single time.

Last edited: