paredler

paredler

Student
Jul 31, 2022
If you learn how to read, it is stressful at first, but after a long practice you do reach the point where it becomes easy and you don't have to put much effort into it. If you learn how to paint, it is stressful at first, but you learn the skill and it gets easier with time, and while stressful, it's also enjoyable. Exercising is painful and that's it. It will continue to be painful even after years of practice. It's chronic suffering, and you don't really enjoy the process like painting or reading or learning how to code, the pain is too painful it defeats you. Every day is a battle. You can't live like this.

• Informative
Reactions: ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'm not too sure about that. Whilst muscle development will always be painful if you strive to gain more muscle than what you already have, the skills you've learnt along the way will get easier and easier to do. I think most skills are like that. It's only suffering throughout if you're only considering improving beyond what you already have

Reactions: Forveleth and innominesatanas44
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I would have enjoyed lifting had I seen any progress, but after months of going at it, I saw nothing, so I stopped. The lifting itself I found almost enjoyable, or at worst, tolerable. What was not enjoyable was sharing a gym, especially with obnoxious people. I know that there are other people who genuinely enjoy lifting. Overall my attitude towards lifting is negative because I believe that for me it is either not possible to achieve satisfying results with it, or it is too much work for that (years of commitment), making it, in my view, not worthwhile. If the latter is true, then lifting enjoyers are lucky people. Because their long term commitment will not feel like any kind of chore. They are having fun and will enjoy an eventual reward.

paredler

paredler

Student
Jul 31, 2022
I'm not too sure about that. Whilst muscle development will always be painful if you strive to gain more muscle than what you already have, the skills you've learnt along the way will get easier and easier to do. I think most skills are like that. It's only suffering throughout if you're only considering improving beyond what you already have
Why would any man work out if they don't ant to improve beyond themselves?
n lifting enjoyers are lucky people. Because their long term commitment will not feel like any kind of chore. They are having fun and will enjoy an eventual reward.
That's exactly what I've been saying for years.

Bodybuilders are lucky to be in that mental state that allows them to push through the pain. They wouldn't have worked hard if they hadn't had the capacity to. They should be more modest about their achievements and admit that there's a lot of luck coming into play.

Reactions: Superdeterminist