U

user_name_here

N/A
May 16, 2021
Inspired by Celerity's thread.
What movies have you watched recently and really enjoyed?

I just got round to watching Old (2021) and it's a great psychological mind fuck. Really clever camera shots and a very gripping story. The end was a little too... disclosed imo. Like they could have ended it with a little more ambiguity, wouldn't hurt to leave viewers wondering "what happened to X, Y or Z?".

About to watch Karen (2021) lol. I love the Karen actress, she's real good at playing evil. 8 Mile, Orange is the New Black, she nails her roles.

Any movies you've enjoyed recently? old or new?

Reactions: Ego Sum Medusa and OrcWitch
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I just watched Oldboy(2003). I don't watch many Korean films outside of the Bong Joon-ho films, but that was pretty good.

Reactions: Ego Sum Medusa
Ego Sum Medusa

Ego Sum Medusa

I am the Crone.
Sep 28, 2021
I am Mother was pretty good. I love dystopians and this one was unique enough that it held my interest throughout. Hillary Swank does a sort of long cameo.

Inspired by Celerity's thread.
What movies have you watched recently and really enjoyed?

I just got round to watching Old (2021) and it's a great psychological mind fuck. Really clever camera shots and a very gripping story. The end was a little too... disclosed imo. Like they could have ended it with a little more ambiguity, wouldn't hurt to leave viewers wondering "what happened to X, Y or Z?".

About to watch Karen (2021) lol. I love the Karen actress, she's real good at playing evil. 8 Mile, Orange is the New Black, she nails her roles.

Any movies you've enjoyed recently? old or new?
These both look interesting, the type of movies I can really get absorbed in. Netflix doesn't have them, but Prime does for rent at $6.00 and $4.00 respectively. Maybe I'll treat myself to one today; it's a good day for a distraction.

Last edited:
Reactions: newave3
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Just watched The Machinist again. Really good film. Christian Bale is awesome.

Reactions: charcoalcat, Ego Sum Medusa and newave3
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
Stalingrad (1993) It's available on YT. Excellent.

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
Ego Sum Medusa

Ego Sum Medusa

I am the Crone.
Sep 28, 2021
You know, I keep looking at that one on Netflix, have watched the trailer. It does look good. I'll have to catch it.

• Love
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up and newave3
MeltedJello

MeltedJello

My brain is a liquid mess.
Aug 18, 2021
Shang Chi, Jungle Cruise, Red Notice

U

user_name_here

N/A
May 16, 2021
I just watched Oldboy(2003). I don't watch many Korean films outside of the Bong Joon-ho films, but that was pretty good.
Fantastic movie! The American remake wasn't bad either, had samuel L and a few others, surprisingly good.
I am Mother was pretty good. I love dystopians and this one was unique enough that it held my interest throughout. Hillary Swank does a sort of long cameo.
I've been meaning to watch this, think i've found my movie for tonight!
These both look interesting, the type of movies I can really get absorbed in. Netflix doesn't have them, but Prime does for rent at $6.00 and $4.00 respectively. Maybe I'll treat myself to one today; it's a good day for a distraction.
Not a bad distraction, hope you enjoyed whichever you chose.
I forgot about this film, it captures the characters eroding mental health really well. C Bale never fails to deliver.

i recently watched Small Engine Repair (2021) with Jon Bernthal (watch every film this guy is in, he's very good)

Last edited:
C

CowsAreCool

Student
Sep 21, 2021
Dazed and confused. Something about the humor and dialogue brought me to tears. Made me wish I grew up in the 70s. It had everything I'm missing in my life right now.

Also the butterfly effect. I absolutely love that movie.

Reactions: Ego Sum Medusa
Ego Sum Medusa

Ego Sum Medusa

I am the Crone.
Sep 28, 2021
Also the butterfly effect. I absolutely love that movie.

Me too.

C

charcoalcat

Apr 17, 2018
Great actor and movie. No one has been able to attain that level of commitment for a role.

Movies that I rewatch periodically:
1. Million Dollar Baby - A plot so simple yet so engaging and moving. Loved that last scene.
2. Shawshank Redemption - Peak film-making imo.
3. Meet Joe Black - Just to watch peak Brad Pitt hotness.