• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

I

Intheo

Student
Jul 1, 2020
So I went to the doctor for back pain, totally unrelated to my depression or desire to ctb, and he wrote me a prescription for mosapride along with painkillers.

According to wiki:
Some drugs that act as 5-HT4 agonists are also active as 5-HT3 antagonists, such as mosapride, metoclopramide, renzapride, and zacopride

I couldn't get meto, but it seems mosapride can be a substitute. I already obtained what I thought could be a substitute but I was unsure. Coincidentally I might have obtained a better one.

What do you think?

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
So I went to the doctor for back pain, totally unrelated to my depression or desire to ctb, and he wrote me a prescription for mosapride along with painkillers.

According to wiki:
Some drugs that act as 5-HT4 agonists are also active as 5-HT3 antagonists, such as mosapride, metoclopramide, renzapride, and zacopride

I couldn't get meto, but it seems mosapride can be a substitute. I already obtained what I thought could be a substitute but I was unsure. Coincidentally I might have obtained a better one.

What do you think?

iu
You need a dopamine (D2) antagonist medication to help prevent the nausea from poisoning.

Mosapride seems to be 5HT4 agonist. and 5HT3 antagonist. It mainly speeds up gastric emptying and has some gastric anti-inflammatory properties. It does not seem to prevent nausea in any way.

The wiki entry you quote basically refers to a number of medications having both 5-HT4 agonist and 5-HT3 antagonist properties, such as meto and mosapride. These properties relate to gastric emptying and gastric anti-inflammation. However, the difference between these two medications is that meto also has the dopamine antagonist properties we require, while mosapride does not. So they are not equivalent in that one important area.

@Aap is our resident chemist expert and can hopefully double-check my workings here :smiling:

Reactions: Euthanza and Intheo
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
It was prescribed to prevent constipation with the opioids. While it likely won't prevent nausea, it will help with speeding gastric emptying, speeding absorption, and preventing or reducing stomach contents from being regurgitated, as they would be removed faster from the stomach. It is a worthwhile addition. That is not to say adding meto wouldn't be of further benefit. However, antiemetics are not essential.

Reactions: Intheo
I

Intheo

Student
Jul 1, 2020
Thanks for the info guys. It looks like perhaps I was confused. I also have Lafutidine, a second generation histamine H2 receptor antagonist like cimetidine.
A quick google search tells these class of drugs have dopamine antagonist properties although perhaps they are not as effective as meto.

So maybe I can use both lafutidine and mosapride and the effects will help with sn absorption. Maybe I'll save the painkillers too for the day.