• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

P

Phoenix

Student
Feb 27, 2021
Has anyone come across any psychiatric medications that stop/help with suicidal thoughts/idealation and self harm?

W

WornOutLife

γƒžγƒƒγƒˆ
Mar 22, 2020
Yes, bupropion gives my brain more dopamine and I've been feeling less suicidal since I started taking it.

Reactions: Phoenix
Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
Different meds work for different people, but there are a ton out there that claim they will help with suicidal thoughts. I take Nortriptyline and Abilify and it's been helping a lot

P

Phoenix

Student
Feb 27, 2021
Yeah I've tried so many over the years with very little luck. Amulsulpride was my wonder drug but unfortunately caused dangerous side effects so I had to come off of it. Abilify gave me awful restless legs I was literally pacing the seafront at 11pm at night!

Chesswiz2002

Chesswiz2002

Jan 24, 2021
Lithium, maybe. Or mood stabilizers like Lamotrigine, Mirtazapine, etc. An unconventional approach would be to try some amphetamines (or other psychostimulants). No guarantee it'll work but I've heard it has an overwhelmingly positive effect on mood.

But if you're a highly anxious person, stimulants could make your anxiety worse.

Reactions: Sensei