• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I always loved listening to Chester Bennington's music since his lyrics typically dealt with the anguish brought upon by mental health issues. When he tragically committed suicide, it made me think that in the end, no matter how talented you may be, death eventually claims us all. If such an amazing person could succumb to death, why not an average-Joe like me?

yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
Ever Deeper Honesty book
Note: There are some obvious things to realise about this phrase ("This too shall pass").

-- These are:
1. This phrase ("This too shall pass"), is actually telling you, that suffering is something that "comes and goes".
-- So, if suffering is constantly "coming and going", then this means that suffering is something, that is going to keep appearing in life.
-- And, if suffering is going to keep appearing in life, then what's the point of staying in this thing called life.
-- Moreover, it's pure stupidity, to stay in a place, which you know will cause you suffering.

2. If this is a phrase that is, "said by wise saints/sages/gurus/teachers/enlightened-beings/etc, throughout the centuries", then this means that suffering is something that has been happening for centuries.
-- Ie, this means that, all these saints/sages/gurus/teachers/enlightened-beings/etc, have not been able to reduce/prevent/stop/eliminate suffering.

Therefore, suffering is something that will always be in life/existence, which therefore means, that suffering is something that is inherently built into existence, (or, is a part of existence, or, existence is made from suffering, etc).

And it also means, that after centuries, there is still no solution to suffering.

So, the key point is, that:
If the only way for existence/life to exist, is if suffering exists, then existence is not worth having.

Moreover, it's pure stupidity to want existence/life, since the percentage/ratio, of the total number of minutes of suffering (in a person's life), as compared to the total number of minutes of true freedom/peace/love/bliss (in a person's life), is 99% (as compared to 1%).

Indeed, when it's put like this, it's obvious that it's not just about stupidity, but something a lot more cruel/evil/malevolent, (because no one would truly consent to an activity that has 99% suffering, (especially if that activity has no freedom/choice/option, of a way to leave that activity, in an instant/painless/effortless/guaranteed/permanent way)).

So, what this means, is that whilst you're suffering, if anyone is advising that you should "just let this pass", they're actually advising you to "just accept this", (ie, they're trying to brainwash/program you, to believe that "suffering is acceptable"), and therefore, they're responsible for perpetuating/creating/maintaining/causing suffering, and therefore, they're inherently cruel/evil/malevolent.

And therefore, if these phrases are said by saints/sages/gurus/teachers/enlightened-beings/etc, then these people/entities are inherently (by definition), cruel/evil/malevolent.

Last edited:
tryingtoescape

tryingtoescape

Experienced
Dec 30, 2019
Movies: Ghost, Jacob's Ladder, Donnie Darko.

Music: Lullaby by Low. Nothing Can Be Explained by Mike Wyzgowski. Mad World by Gary Jules. Everything Is Going to Hell by Teen Suicide. Pierce the Veil.
Songs that make me nostalgic. Sara by Jefferson Starship. Don't Dream It's Over by Crowded House.

Last edited:
FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Secretary of something
Mar 11, 2020
The book Jean's Way by Derek Humphry, one of the leading voices in voluntary and assisted suicide. The book is about how he helped his wife have a peaceful crossing and enables many more to do so by updating his book The Final Exit.

FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Secretary of something
Mar 11, 2020
The book Jean's Way by Derek Humphry, one of the leading voices in voluntary and assisted suicide. The book is about how he helped his wife have a peaceful crossing and enables many more to do so by updating his book The Final Exit.
Final Exit itself is also a very good and practical book. He outlines why some methods are bad with clear and simple logic. For example, the effect you would have on others off you CTB by train, or your success rate by most pills. He talks scientifically, almost clinically, and very matter of fact. If a 'death manual' is something you're looking for, this is kind of it. He is very fond of innate gas and bag method.

Reactions: profoundexperience
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
"I'm Thinking of Ending Things" by Charlie Kaufman, It might look like a love story at first but it's really more about depression and existential dread. It has a huge payoff at the end that made me really relate to it. If you don't mind psychological elements to it, you might like it. I dont want to spoil much, but message does point to accepting your own "end", so to speak.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Persona 3 is very good game, albeit a lengthy one, that handles death and grief in a very poetic and meaningful way. The game's themes center around death/memento mori and learning to face one's own mortality. Such thematic elements underpin nearly every aspect of the game, even when the characters go into battle, they have to hold a gun to their head and face their survival instincts before they can draw out their power.

Literature wise, I enjoyed the book, "Two Arms One Head" where the author documents his struggles with being paralysed and wheelchair bound after an accident. He writes about the philosophies that helped him cope with death and describes his own CTB as he carries it out. Incredibly tragic read.

Last edited:
MindFrog

MindFrog

Nov 19, 2020
Persona 3 is very good game, albeit a lengthy one, that handles death and grief in a very poetic and meaningful way.

I second to this too. It's really a good game. There's also Persona 3 Portable for the psp, if you wanted to play the handheld version. I can't believe I forgot about that.

user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
"I'm Thinking of Ending Things" by Charlie Kaufman, It might look like a love story at first but it's really more about depression and existential dread. It has a huge payoff at the end that made me really relate to it. If you don't mind psychological elements to it, you might like it. I dont want to spoil much, but message does point to accepting your own "end", so to speak.
i didn't understand that movie too well lol i think i'm too dumb to understand but i'd love to talk about it :)

MindFrog

MindFrog

Nov 19, 2020
i didn't understand that movie too well lol i think i'm too dumb to understand but i'd love to talk about it :)
Yeah it's a bit mind bending. I had to watch it twice too because I can't wrap my head around it. Here's an analysis of the movie that I really liked.

I'm not really good at explaining things myself, but you can DM me if you want to talk about it too. It's a good movie once you piece it together :happy:.

Manford

Manford

Student
Dec 7, 2020
It's not at all about coming to terms with death but it's funny and about suicide- Wristcutters: A Love Story.

Reactions: NodusTollens
ithappens

ithappens

Live free or die
Aug 9, 2018
For me it was an episode of The Twilight Zone called "A Stop at Willoughby". I think it handles the topic and some of the reasons for suicide with compassion and refreshing clarity. I think it strongly reflects some of my own views of the world and reasons for wanting to go.

Edit: As a side note, I always find it laughable that even today people could be asking why others commit suicide and how to prevent it, when the answer has been very obvious (as is shown in this episode of TTZ) all along. This episode is as relevant today as it was when it first aired.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrennie
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
Ever Deeper Honesty (book)
This is just about my favorite book (thanks @yive)!!! Here are some of my favorite quotes (sometimes lightly paraphrased)...

Book in PDF is free to download... just search for it. It is over 1,000 pages, very analytical and repetitive... yet contains absolutely profound revelations if you're willing to dig. I have been utterly shocked and my whole world was changed by it.

TRIGGER WARNINGS: I deeply respect you. Please refrain from reading this book or my excerpts here if any of the following disturb you.

1. This book is very pro assisted suicide.
  2. This book uses terms like "slavery" and "rape" (and many others) not as they are typically defined, but as metaphors. Please treat the language as such and not as a misappropriation.
  3. This book is very negative as to parents and having babies (kinda a militant antinatalism?).
  4. This book can be shockingly pessimistic and blunt. It will be very offensive to the vast majority of people.
Stupidity = To cause (or allow), suffering to yourself.
to end all suffering for all, suicide may be necessary. -- Eg, perhaps the only way to DISSOLVE (or change) the whole manifestation ("I"), requires the person to DISSOLVE "i", (so that they can go to the some deep realm/dimension -- so that they can change the unmanifest (or manifestation) from there). Since the manifestation (in it's current state) plays all sorts of cruel/evil games on people, it's possible, that the way to DISSOLVE all suffering for all, might not be straight forward, and perhaps might need to start with the suicide of their body. Killing/DISSOLVING the body (/mind?), is perhaps the only way to state, unequivocally, that you really are completely done with physical life.
Also, if life in this physical world gets unbearable, then the person might just think that: "It's worth a shot". Ie, there's nothing to lose, and there's the chance that they might be able to help the world (from some other dimension), whereas, in this physical world, they know that they're not able to help at all (or not in a big enough way). Also, they see that, nothing (except suffering) is happening on Earth... so, what's the point here anyway? The key point is, that they might even know that such theories are perhaps nothing but delusion (layers of thoughts/ideas/concepts/stories), however, they also know, that this physical realm is perhaps nothing but delusion (layers of thoughts/ideas/concepts/stories).
And another reason (why suicide is perhaps important/necessary (for some people)), is that perhaps suicide is the only way to end the cycle of reincarnation/suffering/life/existence, (whether personally, impersonally, or both). In one way, this might not sound correct, but in another way, it could be correct. And, it's always better to implement a solution, from a deeper (more fundamental) place, because then your solution will automatically include all the more superficial levels.
if you want to permanently eliminate all suffering in your life, then: You have to open your mind, to the fact that the solution to this, is not in life/existence, but from life/existence.
It's irrelevant knowing it's prison/torture/slavery/rape, if you're continuing to be a slave. -- Ie, knowing it in theory, is absolutely pointless, unless you do something about it (in practice).
if they could express themselves after their death, then they would perhaps say something like: 1. "I wish I had done this years ago."
Boredom is a form of suffering, therefore, if a person is seeking pleasure/entertainment/etc, they're doing this to avoid suffering, therefore, this needs to be done. Ie, it's something that is "vital", and not a luxury.
it's pure stupidity, to stay in a place, which you know will cause you suffering.
just stop and think, about how all the annoying/unwanted (large and small) things in life, would all instantly fall away, the moment that you're free from the body. It's absolute stupidity, to keep the body.
it's important to realise, that: Some activities/hobbies are so deeply buried/brainwashed/programmed in you, that you don't even recognise them as activities/hobbies.
The only reason that you got hooked/trapped in these games/activities/hobbies/traps/scams/cons/etc, is because you gave them value.
everything in life, can be seen as a test, and that if you keep passing these tests (of your tolerance/acceptance to being enslaved/used/raped), then you just get promoted, to be enslaved/used/raped in an ever-worse way.
Nothing else is worth doing. Moreover, doing anything else, is utter stupidity. -- Indeed, if you aren't going in this direction (towards less suffering, and ever-deeper freedom/peace/love/bliss, and "That"), then you must be going in the opposite direction, (of pain/suffering/prison/torture/slavery/rape), which is utter stupidity.
letting a corrupt rule/system/belief collapse (dissolve), is effortless. -- What takes effort, is creating/building (and maintaining), corrupt rules/systems/beliefs,
there is so much suffering in the world. And it also clearly shows, that any small changes to the way that life is (at present), is not going to make any real difference at all.
suicide might be a natural instinct for some people, which is just misunderstood by them. since they are everything (ie, the whole manifestation), they want to end themselves (the whole manifestation).
If all dimensions/realms/etc, are thoughts/ideas/concepts/stories, then there is no reason, that the person must stay in the physical realm.
Since no one knows what happens after/in permanent death, it's impossible to know certain things about deciding to leave life, (eg: is it good or bad, is it safe or not safe, etc), however, what can be said, is that all things in life, involve 99% suffering, and therefore, it might well be, that deciding to leave life, is perhaps: The wisest thing to do in existence.
All of the above information (in this conclusion), might appear to be ugly/unbearable (inconvenient), however, it is all true, regardless of whether you recognise/realise/admit it ... you can either: 1. Keep denying it, (and keep your delusions/lies), which will keep creating suffering for yourself/everyone. Or, 2. Recognise it, admit it... then change it (by "just stopping" & not creating anything anymore).
When they don't have any real/true freedom, which must inherently mean, that they're in a life which is inherently prison/torture/slavery/rape
if you have a relationship partner, (or: friend, baby, child, family, etc), then they are your personal-slaves, because you're trying to get/control/manipulate/use (enslave) a person, (whether that person is a baby/child/adult), in order to get things from them, (eg: happiness, love, money, entertainment, energy, attention, power, respect, sex, pleasure, affection, intimacy, a connection, popularity, image, identity, certain feelings, security, safety, stability, survival, peace, freedom, a family, a child, experiences, sensations, etc).
There will always be suffering in the world, because people want (and need) suffering to exist. Survival NEEDS weapons (as means of improving survival). Weapons NEED suffering (in order to be effective, to "work" as weapons).
It is all malevolent, because if it was benevolent, there would be zero suffering.
If you know that what they're doing is immoral, then it's important to realise, that this will never end. -- Ie, they will never be able to give up trying to brainwash/program you. And indeed, they can't ever give up, because they need everyone around them to believe that using/enslaving people as personal-slaves (and work-slaves) is moral and acceptable, because otherwise they will begin to feel guilty about all the suffering that they're causing
this freedom to move away from suffering, either exists, or it doesn't. Indeed, you are either a type A person/society, or a type B person/society.
Many people will not be able to commit suicide, because they've been brainwashed/programmed (since birth), with thousands of rules/beliefs/systems (legal, moral, social, interpersonal, personal, religious, spiritual, etc), and this has been done directly and indirectly, and all of these rules/beliefs/systems, sit on top of very deep programs/beliefs, (eg, the belief/idea/story/lie/gaslighting that: "Life is good, death is bad").
most people don't move away from suffering, because they have some fear/desire/etc. ... if life/existence is seen to be unacceptable (because it causes suffering), then you will simply choose to move away from life/existence.
When people interact with each other, they do so, because they want something, (eg, a thing, feeling, person, etc). There are many weapons/tactics, that they can use to get/control/manipulate that person, (to achieve their desire), but the most common weapon/tactic, is words.
as soon as you're alive, you're under constant threat, of pain/suffering/torture (whether: physical, emotional, mental, spiritual), and this forces you, to do many things (in life), that you don't want to do, (eg, jobs, chores, etc). -- And, this threat exists, for the entire time that you are alive. ... I use the word "end", but this can mean whatever it needs to mean, (eg: dissolving, exiting, dying, switching off, etc
If you wanted the ultimate freedom/peace/love/bliss, you wouldn't create existence.
If the only way for existence/life to exist, is if suffering exists, then existence is not worth having.
if some story has to be played-out (lived) in this ridiculous physical world, and we have a choice of which story to choose, then it seems more interesting/important/reasonable/logical/wise/etc, to try to play-out the story of, "I want to try to end all suffering for all", rather than playing out any other story. ... Or, maybe the only suffering we can "stop" is the future suffering of "i"... and even then, perhaps the "dye is [already] cast".

it's_all_a_game

it's_all_a_game

I remember...death in the afternoon...
Nov 7, 2020
Music by Joy Division, Depeche Mode, Phyllis Hyman, and Naked Eyes. Naked Eyes are the guys in my avatar. Their music is so depressing, heartfelt, & emotional, it preps me for the suicidal mindset.

Reactions: newave3
O

ovaltinee99

Student
Nov 9, 2020
Not what you're looking for, but I want to share that every time I hear about evils people do (pedos, social injustices, etc) or I go on subs like r/makemesuffer or r/noahgettheboat I am reminded that this world is full of real absolute horrors and it makes me feel very justified in my desire to ctb.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Vanilla sky, The Fountain, Triangle (bad afterlife scenario)

Last edited:
Salvation_

Salvation_

"Please, finish my story."
Nov 25, 2020
If anyone here is a fan of manga, the manga "Jumyou wo Kaitotte Moratta. Ichinen ni Tsuki, Ichimanen de." made me realize that dying early is not such a bad fate.