• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
The ending's of both Blade Runner Movies.
The way the replicants learn to accept death and just lay down dying (after doing a redeeming deed) after their short lifespan expires, really moves me and gives me some comfort.
Unfortunately, most people don't get to die in such a peaceful way.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I've talked about this show before but The Good Place made me way more at peace with dying, especially by the very last episode of the show. All 4 seasons are currently on Netflix right now so I highly recommend it.

Anyone else who's worried about what the afterlife will be like can also take solace at what it's like at the end of the show.

newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
Music by Joy Division, Depeche Mode, Phyllis Hyman, and Naked Eyes. Naked Eyes are the guys in my avatar. Their music is so depressing, heartfelt, & emotional, it preps me for the suicidal mindset.
Early Depeche Mode was quite upbeat and positive....think "New Life", "See You", Just can't get enough"
As time went on their songs became darker.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game
user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
Not what you're looking for, but I want to share that every time I hear about evils people do (pedos, social injustices, etc) or I go on subs like r/makemesuffer or r/noahgettheboat I am reminded that this world is full of real absolute horrors and it makes me feel very justified in my desire to ctb.
same especially with the black lives matter movement seeing not only innocent black people being killed but millions across the country supporting it and justifying it, it just reminds me how terrible this world is

• Hugs
Reactions: PrincessInWhite
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
"I'm Thinking of Ending Things" by Charlie Kaufman, It might look like a love story at first but it's really more about depression and existential dread. It has a huge payoff at the end that made me really relate to it. If you don't mind psychological elements to it, you might like it. I dont want to spoil much, but message does point to accepting your own "end", so to speak.
I loved the book even more. Omg...so cool that someone likes it too.
I am not an emotional person but this book moved me to tears and I came to terms with "getting ready" even if I haven't reached any milestones or done something amazing in my life.

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
I loved the book even more. Omg...so cool that someone likes it too.
Oh wow, I didn't know there was book. I'll try getting my hands on a copy. Another collection to my ever growing backlog lol.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
This is just about my favorite book (thanks @yive)!!! Here are some of my favorite quotes (sometimes lightly paraphrased)...

Book in PDF is free to download... just search for it. It is over 1,000 pages, very analytical and repetitive... yet contains absolutely profound revelations if you're willing to dig. I have been utterly shocked and my whole world was changed by it.

TRIGGER WARNINGS: I deeply respect you. Please refrain from reading this book or my excerpts here if any of the following disturb you.

1. This book is very pro assisted suicide.
  2. This book uses terms like "slavery" and "rape" (and many others) not as they are typically defined, but as metaphors. Please treat the language as such and not as a misappropriation.
  3. This book is very negative as to parents and having babies (kinda a militant antinatalism?).
  4. This book can be shockingly pessimistic and blunt. It will be very offensive to the vast majority of people.
Want to thank you @profoundexperience for collating these quotes from that great book Ever Deeper Honesty (book) , and for explaining the importance of the book. . Also thx to @yive for letting us know about it. it is my favorite book now too . imo definitely the top book for explaining real reality. i should reread this book until the truth sinks into my brain. Another one that is good is Sarah Perry's "Every cradle is a grave".

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I really like watching documentaries on death related subjects, I find euthanasia ones interesting as I really believe in a right to die. As for anime certainly Angel Beats. Certain music such as songs by Evanescence, Within Temptation, Avenged Sevenfold and of course my favourite Funeral Cry by Dark Sanctuary in particular.

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
Want to thank you @profoundexperience for collating these quotes from that great book Ever Deeper Honesty (book) , and for explaining the importance of the book.
I really needed a reminder ("from the universe") to re-read those quotes just now...

So, your post came at exactly the right time! Thanks @pthnrdnojvsc; thanks serendipity!!

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc