• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

EndlessDream

EndlessDream

Feb 15, 2023
As the title.
Will 2-3 tablets of Meclizine or Meclozine, in the form of Meclozine hydrochloride be sufficient as an antiemetic for SN method?
Given also I have another glass of diluted SN as well in case I throw up.

"Sea-Legs Tablets contain an antihistamine that is used to inhibit nausea, vomiting and dizziness. They are virtually tasteless and can remain active for 24 hours making them an effective answer to treating as well as preventing travel sickness."

Looking at the description and reviews of the pharmacy listing:

"May cause Drowsiness." - this indicates the drug can be quite strong.

"""Great travel sickness solution
5 Star Review

Posted by Lisa Mc on 11th May 2015

I have given Sea Legs to my children, age 7 & 9, excellent results no travel sickness. They are both chronic suffers, less than an hour in the car and also suffer with air travel. No vomitting at all after taking Sea Legs!""""

Wikipedia: "Meclizine is an antagonist at H1 receptors. It possesses anticholinergic, central nervous system depressant, and local anesthetic effects. Its antiemetic and antivertigo effects are not fully understood, but its central anticholinergic properties are partially responsible. The drug depresses labyrinth excitability and vestibular stimulation, and it may affect the medullary chemoreceptor trigger zone.[7] It has however been suggested that meclizine only has an inhibitory effect under normal viewing-circumstances, as the drug has been shown to enhance an isolated vestibular response. Much like motion-sickness arises from a discrepancy between multiple senses, Meclizine most likely affects a wide array of sensory mechanisms related to self-motion.[17] Meclizine also is a dopamine antagonist at D1-like and D2-like receptors[citation needed] but does not cause catalepsy[note 1] in mice, perhaps because of its anticholinergic activity.[18]"

Thoughts? Ideally I'd be able to source one recommended by the PPH but options are slim and laboriously stressful.

Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
If it's a drug you can easily get over the counter, very good chances are it's weak as shit and won't help much in preventing you from vomiting when taking something at a toxic level like SN. Also 'may cause drowsiness' is a weak reason for determining the strength of a drug. I know a lot of antihistamines can usually be suggested for people with mild sleeping problems (Nytol is one of them in the UK), that's most likely why they're giving that as a warning.

Reactions: releasespieces
EndlessDream

EndlessDream

Feb 15, 2023
If it's a drug you can easily get over the counter, very good chances are it's weak as shit and won't help much in preventing you from vomiting when taking something at a toxic level like SN. Also 'may cause drowsiness' is a weak reason for determining the strength of a drug. I know a lot of antihistamines can usually be suggested for people with mild sleeping problems (Nytol is one of them in the UK), that's most likely why they're giving that as a warning.

Maybe promethazine would be better. I found some info and posted it here:

F

FireWalkWithMe

Experienced
Jun 18, 2022
Where do you live? If you live in the UK I'd rather send you a decent AE than you rely on this stuff that isn't fit for purpose.

There's no way around the fact that the job done right requires a proper AE. Otherwise you take your chances I guess. It's not that difficult to procure AEs online so I'd advise being patient and ordering some.

Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
I just think antihistamines in general are sadly just not that very strong unless if it's a prescription only one. But since a few sources do mention about promethazine having antiemetic like properties, I guess it would be better than nothing.

If you're really struggling with finding a proper antiemetic, send me a pm and I can hook you up with a website that sells metoclopramide and domperidone (latter under the brand name Motilium, and I recommend domperidone over meto if you're afraid of meto's potential side effects).

Jarni

Jarni

Memento mori
Dec 12, 2020
Members Cheers and Mofreeko ctb'ed with it as AE for SN...

Reactions: EndlessDream
EndlessDream

EndlessDream

Feb 15, 2023
Reactions: Jarni