• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
Many memories can't leave me alone. I tend to remind myself with everything horrible happened to me in the past. For a moment, I was thinking.... hell ya, maybe I'm just a memory machine like a memory card or storage disk in a computer. Maybe we're here to pass through many experiences and record them in our bodies, so other higher dimensional creatures can learn more about 3-dimensial beings. Maybe we're meant to suffer so we can remember more, hence the our body can record the experience in such high quality. Just liked to share my thought, what do you think?

Reactions: Regen
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
It is an interesting idea that touches on the purpose of life. There is an Aspergers site called "Wrong Planet" as many feel so disconnected from this world that it feels like they are aliens here.

As a Christian I see the purpose of life not so much as the accumulation of memories (or the experiences they represent). I see our encounter with experiences as designed to drive us to seek understanding. Most people seek after that which is pleasurable or at least comfortable. Investment of life in comfort would seem to provide little that would be of value in the next life.

The "memory machine" model would seem to have to include a reason for the collection and retention of memories. The learning / understanding model would also require that our conclusions and choices would have value.

If one sees no life after this one, achieving understanding or even collecting memories would seem of less concern than the pleasures one could experience in the present.

Reactions: bad_luck and Regen
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I used to feel the same (and still do sometimes).
Something which helped me to think less about my memories was realizing that no matter what much I think about my past or future, they are still my PRESENT.