• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
I only just learned this term here recently. I've never really told anyone before. But I do a lot of what I read about it. I live in my own head. Probably way more than I should. But it's how I cope. Anyone else?

Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
"Maladaptive", perhaps? Speaking of the definition...
>"...who suffer from maladaptive daydreaming..."
"Suffer"? Dreaming is the only acceptable (comfortable) condition in this reality; everything else is at least partially unbearable.

Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
"Maladaptive", perhaps? Speaking of the definition...
>"...who suffer from maladaptive daydreaming..."
"Suffer"? Dreaming is the only acceptable (comfortable) condition in this reality; everything else is at least partially unbearable.
I've read some convincing arguments that this is a damaging thing. And I agree it is, if you have any notion of being like other people. I've either not fit in very well with other people when I wanted to, or have not been able to stand being around them very long. Inside my head is my escape. I've just thought, and, all through my life, fantasized. I'm comfortable in my own head. Sometimes not though. But that's mostly when I get into thinking about other people in a more realistic way, and they tend to disapprove of me in my head too. But otherwise I can live in a world, and have the kind of life, that I want. Unfortunatly I have to live in the real world. Right now, if I don't find a job, reality is going to get very mean when the savings runs out. I envy people who get commited for life sometimes. A nice clean facility where the outside world is kept out, and nothing to do all day but be alone with my thoughts. I'm sure it's not really that nice, but besides winning the lottery it's the only other way I can think of to not have responcibilites to deal with.

Ness

Ness

They/Them pronouns, please
Aug 28, 2019
Daydreaming is my main hobby but I'd never thought to try to describe it or even talk about it before, so this is all news to me. I'm going to have to look this up, I think.

Reactions: Laststop
cryptic_cynic

cryptic_cynic

Degenerate
Jul 8, 2019
Of course, daydreaming is pretty much all I ever do.
I find reality/ humanity to be complete shit, so what else is there to do but escape from it any way possible? Living in fantasy is the cheapest and easiest coping mechanism available to me.

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

“Leaving this world is not as scary as it sounds.”
Mar 3, 2019
I mean, I guess daydreaming could be a substantial problem. I'm still skeptical that this is actually an issue. Daydreaming is a normal part of the human experience. Of course one is more likely to daydream the worse one's circumstances are: seems like a normal coping mechanism to me. Apparently this isn't in the DSM yet, but it probably will be soon. After all, according to some psychiatrists, damn near everything is a "disorder." They're going to find some drug that "treats" this that probably fucks you up even more.

Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
I only just learned this term here recently. I've never really told anyone before. But I do a lot of what I read about it. I live in my own head. Probably way more than I should. But it's how I cope. Anyone else?
I almost exclusively live in my head. I'm always thinking and dreaming 24/7 I've built myself my own world in there, started when I was 6 or 7 just for fun, later when my problems started I just disappeared in there. It is sort of an anchor to a time when I was happier, my childhood. Without it I would have gone insane. The people in there have grown on me to the ponit where, when I was extremely suicidal a few years ago I didn't CTB because it felt like I was killing an entire world of people. It is a really big sci-fi universe with a giant story, I habe thought about writing everything down so it isn't lost after I die, sort of my legacy to leave behind.