couldntthinkofaname

couldntthinkofaname

Mage
Aug 31, 2018
anyone tried this - its a quite high dosis but why not

Methods

This study assessed the effects of acute administration of the hallucinogen psilocybin (.16 mg/kg) versus placebo on amygdala reactivity to negative stimuli in 25 healthy volunteers using blood oxygen level-dependent functional magnetic resonance imaging. Mood changes were assessed using the Positive and Negative Affect Schedule and the state portion of the State-Trait Anxiety Inventory. A double-blind, randomized, cross-over design was used with volunteers counterbalanced to receive psilocybin and placebo in two separate sessions at least 14 days apart.
Results

Amygdala reactivity to negative and neutral stimuli was lower after psilocybin administration than after placebo administration. The psilocybin-induced attenuation of right amygdala reactivity in response to negative stimuli was related to the psilocybin-induced increase in positive mood state.
Conclusions

These results demonstrate that acute treatment with psilocybin decreased amygdala reactivity during emotion processing and that this was associated with an increase of positive mood in healthy volunteers. These findings may be relevant to the normalization of amygdala hyperactivity and negative mood states in patients with major depression

Several of our patients described feeling 'reset' after the treatment and often used computer analogies. For example, one said he felt like his brain had been 'defragged' like a computer hard drive, and another said he felt 'rebooted.'

"Psilocybin may be giving these individuals the temporary 'kick start' they need to break out of their depressive states and these imaging results do tentatively support a 'reset' analogy. Similar brain effects to these have been seen with electroconvulsive therapy."

For the study, which researchers say is the first with psilocybin in depression, 20 patients with a treatment-resistant form of the disorder were given two doses of psilocybin (10 mg and 25 mg), with the second dose a week after the the first

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0006322314002753

https://psychcentral.com/news/2017/...y-reset-depressed-patients-brains/127389.html

fdfd0f017b89626b59d017754a6b3869.jpg

Reactions: Aesthler, Caustic Cardinals and Soon4me
couldntthinkofaname

couldntthinkofaname

Mage
Aug 31, 2018
edit: can we move this to offtopic?

satou

satou

not yet
Sep 3, 2018
When I was in my early twenties I did mushrooms quite a few times (it was legal here back then). The experience was interesting (but I wouldn't recommend doing it more than 2 or 3 times), but it did not prevent me from falling into a deeper depression.

Maybe it works for others when their depression is (mainly) due to chemical imbalance in their brain. But no drug can't fix actual life problems.

There is more research into dissociative hallucinogens like ketamine for their immediate antidepressant effect.

Reactions: Soon4me
L

Living_Ghost

Student
Aug 13, 2018
Yes they an amazing experience . They lifted me from deep depression and self conscious inward anxiety ,into a happy confident outgoing person who could relate to others easily and act naturally without social anxiety at all.
However they are of course hallucinogenic and could mess with your head badly ,everybody is different in their reaction.
There is a group on reddit who advocate and trial microdosing mushrooms LSD ect for long term effect . r/microdosing

anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
It does not work at all
I tried them once for pain and they sat me like shit

I

ion900

Student
May 4, 2018
When I was in my early twenties I did mushrooms quite a few times (it was legal here back then). The experience was interesting (but I wouldn't recommend doing it more than 2 or 3 times), but it did not prevent me from falling into a deeper depression.

Maybe it works for others when their depression is (mainly) due to chemical imbalance in their brain. But no drug can't fix actual life problems.

There is more research into dissociative hallucinogens like ketamine for their immediate antidepressant effect.
People who report less dopamine than others are reporting this because their lives are different than other people. There are many factors which can lead to a person feeling sad. The mental shift after the dmt drugs is what is most assistive.

FullFat

FullFat

^best order at Micky-D's ever
Apr 27, 2018
I'm interested in microdosing. Thought about buying some spores myself and growing some. I'm worried I'd fuck up the dosage though. I've had a bad trip before, and I don't want a repeat.