Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
You doing anything special whilst you are out there? Doing the tourist thing or immersing yourself in the culture?

Not_Quite_Dead_Yet

Not_Quite_Dead_Yet

Student
Oct 27, 2018
I am still in a state of amazement at the 5 flights. That would be the death of me, wouldn't even need the N after that.:ehh:

Reactions: BaconCheeseburger, Chantal, Élégie and 3 others
M

meowcat

Experienced
Aug 9, 2018
I've arrived in Peru. My plan is to find N in Cusco as mentioned in PPH. If I don't post again, readers can assume success. Take care everyone.
Please let us know if it is available to buy over there.

Reactions: Darkdreamer001 and intheend
iamfineha

iamfineha

Sep 9, 2019
I also wonder if machu pichu is really that beautiful , and if the motel in peru also asks for clients' passport when check in ?

Anyone knows?

Reactions: Darkdreamer001
S

Sammybackflip

Aug 28, 2019
EVERY place you stay will ALWAYS demand passport and make 2 copies. NO EXCEPTIONS. One of your picture page. And one of your visa stamp. I'm not going to respond to your other mention, use google.

S

Sammybackflip

Aug 28, 2019
You doing anything special whilst you are out there? Doing the tourist thing or immersing yourself in the culture?
Na not really. Took to the road more than a year ago after my life collapsed. Done enough of the touristy stuff, seen enough of the sites. Might go to macchu picchu but don't really care at this point if I see it or not.

• Love
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, LMFAO FOCKERS and intheend
S

Sammybackflip

Aug 28, 2019
Ok folks, I finally grew the balls to try 2 of the agrovets today. Both said they DID NOT have it.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: gingerplum, AnnaJaspers, Darkdreamer001 and 4 others
D

ddim

Jul 27, 2019
Ok folks, I finally grew the balls to try 2 of the agrovets today. Both said they DID NOT have it.

Thank you for your sharing.

Did you try to bribe or propose proactively that you will pay with extra hundreds of USD??

Last edited:
Reactions: gingerplum and Darkdreamer001
S

Sammybackflip

Aug 28, 2019
It's not as simple saying "I'm willing to bribe you x amount of money for N". There's always multiple people in the stores and I'm not sure those two stores actually had it. And you have to remember, women always follow the rules, I think odds of a succesful N purchase would go down if you tried this on a female employee.

Reactions: autumnal, gingerplum, LMFAO FOCKERS and 3 others
A

arelia

Tired
Aug 18, 2019
You could phrase it as 'I don't have the prescription you've asked for but is there a way you could arrange that for me? My Spanish is not that good but I'm happy to cover your costs.'
or something

R

Revan16

Aug 30, 2019
It's not as simple saying "I'm willing to bribe you x amount of money for N". There's always multiple people in the stores and I'm not sure those two stores actually had it. And you have to remember, women always follow the rules, I think odds of a succesful N purchase would go down if you tried this on a female employee.

Not to be sexist or anything - You are correct, i've bought stuff without prescription in india/sri lanka/thailand etc. and have been always successful with men. I have had very few luck with women sellers.

Last edited:
Reactions: autumnal, gingerplum and Darkdreamer001
D

DeepSleep

Student
Aug 8, 2018

Can you bribe a local person? Prepare your pitch in English and run it through Google Translate, let him read and understand it. Give him $5. Say something simple - "You go, you buy, you get another $20"....
Some might turn it down, but keep trying.

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Try the concierge in the hotel if they have one

S

Sammybackflip

Aug 28, 2019
Can you bribe a local person? Prepare your pitch in English and run it through Google Translate, let him read and understand it. Give him $5. Say something simple - "You go, you buy, you get another $20"....
Some might turn it down, but keep trying.
5 dollars is nowhere near the bribery price here. These fuckers try to get you to pay more than U.S. prices for coke just as shitty.
Try the concierge in the hotel if they have one
For cocaine maybe. And even at that most places would give you a funny look and then you'd be wise to find a new place to stay after. Definitely no chance some concierge will get you N.

Last edited:
D

ddim

Jul 27, 2019
I am thinking about that maybe I can call a taxi and ask the driver to buy it for me and then he can get hundreds of USD as extra. (male driver of course)
Does that sound feasible?

Reactions: AnnaJaspers and Darkdreamer001
Throwaway9787

Throwaway9787

Mage
Jun 27, 2019
I am thinking about that maybe I can call a taxi and ask the driver to buy it for me and then he can get hundreds of USD as extra. (male driver of course)
Does that sound feasible?
Yes

L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
5 dollars is nowhere near the bribery price here. These fuckers try to get you to pay more than U.S. prices for coke just as shitty.

For cocaine maybe. And even at that most places would give you a funny look and then you'd be wise to find a new place to stay after. Definitely no chance some concierge will get you N.

You need a local to tell you where to get the goods. They know their city. They can navigate it to tell you which establishments are shady and which arent. I would try to go to bar, talk to concierge, taxis, waiter, even your local take out food joint. I dont mean this in a bad way but the "working class men" will likely know the shady places. They may even live up the block from the local "medicine man."

Anytime I travel I always find the best local spots this way.

Reactions: AnnaJaspers and Darkdreamer001
S

Sammybackflip

Aug 28, 2019
You need a local to tell you where to get the goods. They know their city. They can navigate it to tell you which establishments are shady and which arent. I would try to go to bar, talk to concierge, taxis, waiter, even your local take out food joint. I dont mean this in a bad way but the "working class men" will likely know the shady places. They may even live up the block from the local "medicine man."

Anytime I travel I always find the best local spots this way.
For cocaine yes. Not for N. Most have never heard of N I'm sure.
Ok so I did my tour of the infamous tres cruces de oro. Turns out what has been written is BS. Most stores DO NOT have halatal. One store had Halatal KT. Another store told me to come back at 4pm. I showed up and he shows me this bottle of ketamina. I tell him no, I need Halatal. Asked him if he could order it for me and I pay him and he says don't have it.

I did try one final store and within a meter of my face 50ml bottles of Halatal are staring back at me. I try to buy some and I believe the lady in the back told the guy who had showed me that I needed a prescription. Looked like a tight knit shop run by women, who follow the rules and aren't gonna sell some N to some gringo who is trying to off himself. I'm gonna see if I can get this local guy to buy it for me but the way things have gone I don't expect it to work out.

This fucking sucks. Pph makes it sound so easy which is bullshit. Cusco tourism company probably paid them to toss that in there to increase tourism. I guess a peaceful death is too much to ask, might have to start figuring out if I have the balls to throw myself off beachy head.
You have to remember this is Peru, they are poor here. Halatal is for veterinary euthanasia and if the locals want something dead there are cheaper ways to do it then spend money. Supply and demand, which is obvious in hindsight why it's not sold in most all of the vet shops.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: autumnal, Chantal, LMFAO FOCKERS and 4 others
S

Sammybackflip

Aug 28, 2019
Really. Fucking. Sucks.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: meowcat, woxihuanni and NoDream
M

meowcat

Experienced
Aug 9, 2018
Really. Fucking. Sucks.
Really does suck how PPH writes lies about how easy it is to get N in Peru.
Why don't you try Boliviasince you are in the neighborhood.I won't be surprised if PPh is telling us lies about that too.

S

Sammybackflip

Aug 28, 2019
Cusco is an easy town to navigate. I came here because of tres cruces de oro. Tons of agrovets all on one street. I can't imagine that scenario exists in Bolivia and I didn't see or search for an agrovet while in Lima. It doesn't make sense for me to taxi around a country trying out random agrovets that most likely don't stock N and even if they did stock it, would probably request script as well. There's only 1 reason for a gringo to be trying to buy it and it makes them even less likely to sell.

I came here because I need to die and because I got ripped online already. But I guess I'm just gonna have to wait for another way to get N or figure out another way I'm willing to die.

Last edited:
Antinous

Antinous

Sep 26, 2018
Your experience in Cusco is very distressing, Sammy. The way PPH describes Tres Cruces de Oro makes it sound so easy, even specifying four particular agrovets. I'm so sorry that you have not found the exit you were seeking. Five flights and all the rest. Ugh. I wish I could offer more than empathy. What are your thoughts about giving feedback to the PPH forums about your experience?

Last edited:
Reactions: Notcutoutforlife
S

Sammybackflip

Aug 28, 2019
Your experience in Cusco is very distressing, Sammy. The way PPH describes Tres Cruces de Oro makes it sound so easy, even specifying four particular agrovets. I'm so sorry that you have not found the exit you were seeking. Five flights and all the rest. Ugh. I wish I could offer more than empathy. What are your thoughts about giving feedback to the PPH forums about your experience?
Antinous-what are the four specific ones mentioned? Can you message me? Thank you.

A

arelia

Tired
Aug 18, 2019
Really does suck how PPH writes lies about how easy it is to get N in Peru.
Why don't you try Boliviasince you are in the neighborhood.I won't be surprised if PPh is telling us lies about that too.
The book does not lie, it relies on reports from members who have been there.
I think you'll find that what's happened is suddenly the town has gone from having the very occasional tourist rock up to buy a bottle, to having enough of an increase in numbers that the pharmacies concerned are getting wary.
As has been said, the locals have cheaper ways to euthanase their animals and tourists turning up asking for that specific drugs is enough to make them wonder. Also, Peru is considered one of the most religious countries in the world and is strongly Catholic - suicide is a sin if you're catholic.
So rather than blaming the book, I suggest you look at other reasons.

Reactions: autumnal, Chantal, gingerplum and 1 other person
S

Sammybackflip

Aug 28, 2019
Yea perhaps this place is fished out. I'm gonna give the shops listed another try in a few days. Failing that I'll take my talents (or lack there of) to mexico. I'm specifically going to the places mentioned in PPH this time directly. Progensa was the place that had it but wanted prescription and I don't think Secursal exists anymore.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: gingerplum and ddim
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Have you tried going off piste to another local town not in the book? maybe they are wise to whats going on now

Reactions: autumnal
R

RightToExit

Sep 25, 2019
I'm very sorry to hear about your failure. That's a lot of money you won't get back, and no N.

I was considering this option also. Very disappointing that it's not reliable; however the PPH warns that there's no guarantee that you will succeed in obtaining N in Peru, just that some users have obtained it in the past.