Headspace Dweller

Headspace Dweller

Close your eyes and you'll leave this dream
Nov 2, 2023
Well, the last two IRL local friends I had decided I wasn't worth the effort anymore. I admit, part of it was likely due to me not being the most social person, and they're usually busy with work. It was only a matter of time.

I still have online friends, but losing my last bastion of IRL socialization is going to hit me hard. It was one of the only anchors for me left.

Making friends in my relatively small town is incredibly difficult, and the pandemic lowkey destroyed my social skills. And the fact that the vast majority of people here would likely commit a hate crime if they found out I was queer.

Well, one less reason to stick around, I guess. I've still got a couple, but the number is dwindling fast...

I'm going to (hopefully) take an angry nap and try my best to try to forget about it. Oh well.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: quietwater, doormat25, godsseepiestsoldier and 4 others
CloudyNightSky

CloudyNightSky

Experienced
Oct 28, 2023
Yeah online friends are nice but irl its something different. Personally I obviously don't want to loose my friends but also can't interact with them. Idk every time I get a massage from WhatsApp my whole body is tensing and I get a weird feeling in my stomach. I can't bring myself to answer and I'm really sorry for that but it just makes me feel even worse. But here it's different. On this forum I don't get that feeling. Hope the angry nap helps you :)

Headspace Dweller

Headspace Dweller

Close your eyes and you'll leave this dream
Nov 2, 2023
Oof, sounds like social anxiety, I struggle with it too. I think being here is somewhat easier since we know that we won't be judged for being ourselves. That's a rare thing.

Something about interacting with people you respect and like in person feels better than just chatting online. There's definitely a physical difference for me.

I'm starting to calm down, thankfully, the initial hit just hurt since I'd been friends with these two for a few years now...

• Love
Reactions: CloudyNightSky
CloudyNightSky

CloudyNightSky

Experienced
Oct 28, 2023
Oh god I remember that one time I lost my best friend that were tough times. So I'm sorry for what you have to go through now ahhh yeah it's really painful. Good luck and if you can don't think too much abt ctb. I mean ig we all do but still sending hugs <3

• Love
Reactions: Headspace Dweller
salai

salai

Oct 31, 2023
I'm really sorry to hear that and I hope that things will get better for you.
I struggle to interact with people too because I've always been quiete shy and introverted.
Even though irl friends aren't the same as online ones, if you want someone to talk to, I'll be happy to chat with you on Discord.
My username is "lapisalai"
Take care! :)

• Love
Reactions: Headspace Dweller
quietwater

quietwater

delusional poet
May 2, 2023
Sending love from here!
Unfortunately, I am in a very similar situation, and I don't know what to say to cheer you up, since I struggle with these problems myself.
But I'd like to say that you're not alone in this, and yes, online friends are different from irl friends, but if you ever need to talk about ANYTHING I'm here, you can start a private chat anytime and I will respond :)★
Well, the last two IRL local friends I had decided I wasn't worth the effort anymore. I admit, part of it was likely due to me not being the most social person, and they're usually busy with work. It was only a matter of time.

I still have online friends, but losing my last bastion of IRL socialization is going to hit me hard. It was one of the only anchors for me left.

Making friends in my relatively small town is incredibly difficult, and the pandemic lowkey destroyed my social skills. And the fact that the vast majority of people here would likely commit a hate crime if they found out I was queer.

Well, one less reason to stick around, I guess. I've still got a couple, but the number is dwindling fast...

I'm going to (hopefully) take an angry nap and try my best to try to forget about it. Oh well.