• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
Here in the UK assisted dying is illegal
A totalitarian government does not allow access to assisted dying

A lot of people want to believe that if they had 'been there', in Nazi Germany for example, they would have resisted. They would have risked their lives to help ordinary people escape a murderous totalitarian government.

But as far as I know, the majority of people either complied, looked the other way, and let it happen, or were themselves active agents in the atrocities of that regime. Remember also the extent of the government propaganda at that time. I find it unlikely that most regular people were fully aware of what was going on and/or why it was so indefensible.

This isn't to say that none of you would have stood up to the government. If you have ever said "no" to a policeman who was pointing a gun at you, or if you have ever knowingly committed a capital crime in order to save someone's life, you may well have had the courage to be a resister. But if you have never been in that kind of situation, how can you know what you would have done? We don't live under that kind of political system, and I don't think we can really imagine how afraid people were.

Chronosphere

Chronosphere

Student
Jan 17, 2024
Haha, oh yeah, I know how is it to live under totalitarian government. They can arrest for any of my posts here really, if they'll found out this site. My only hope is ctbing before that. Forever fucking free.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Of course.
If I had been born in Hitler's times, I would probably have fully supported him.
Of course, it all depends on what family I was born into.
Maybe I would join the Wehrmacht, maybe I would be part of the SS, maybe I would supervise a concentration camp.

I am not going to judge the past and the people who lived in those times.

Currently, I am a big opponent of communism, but if I lived in a working-class family during the Bolshevik revolution, I would most likely be a communist.

Of course, I do not support totalitarian governments and their leaders.
I just think in realistic terms.
The world is not black and white.

Reactions: Darkover
Dmoore3232

Dmoore3232

Student
Jun 20, 2023
Haha, oh yeah, I know how is it to leave under totalitarian government. They can arrest for any of my posts here really, if they'll found out this site. My only hope is ctbing before that. Forever fucking free.
Where did you live before?

U

unabletocope

I'd like to shut down
Mar 13, 2024
The UK is adjusting to assisted dying in strict circumstances from what I know, not keen on Starmer at all but that is one of the few things I think he plans to loosen out, don't trust him at all but it's literally crumbs from the table and the crumbs in this case seem legit. Not going to stop me finding my own way out though

DogSandwich

DogSandwich

You know, like a failure
Apr 4, 2024
Most people in western society live under a shared delusion. We think of dystopia as simply a concept. It's almost relegated to sci-fi or film settings. It's an idea.

Propaganda is so potent that we won't see that we're there. Political and social academics will attest that we do live in a dystopian society. It's just so effective that the vast majority can't recognize it.

Last edited:
E

Endisclose

Experienced
Oct 23, 2023
Here in the UK assisted dying is illegal
A totalitarian government does not allow access to assisted dying

A lot of people want to believe that if they had 'been there', in Nazi Germany for example, they would have resisted. They would have risked their lives to help ordinary people escape a murderous totalitarian government.

But as far as I know, the majority of people either complied, looked the other way, and let it happen, or were themselves active agents in the atrocities of that regime. Remember also the extent of the government propaganda at that time. I find it unlikely that most regular people were fully aware of what was going on and/or why it was so indefensible.

This isn't to say that none of you would have stood up to the government. If you have ever said "no" to a policeman who was pointing a gun at you, or if you have ever knowingly committed a capital crime in order to save someone's life, you may well have had the courage to be a resister. But if you have never been in that kind of situation, how can you know what you would have done? We don't live under that kind of political system, and I don't think we can really imagine how afraid people were.
I feel like I am living under one right now.. Its a slow burn Nazi nightmare. It feels like all the worst dystopian novels put together. What used to be a quasi free country is now approaching to be an Orwellian state. Just wanna ctb ASAP. Can't even breathe properly here.