C

Coffeandamug

Words are quite useless, and so am I.
Oct 22, 2020
My problem is quite simple. I am a failure. I am 27 years old and I haven't got a dime to my name. I live at the mercy of my parents. And due to my depression I have had a hard time leaving. But recently... all the pain I had about being a failure and all the deep depression and despair just went away. I think I understand now that it wasn't my fault. Things happen as they can happen. Had I had the support, the knowledge... the way of thinking that I have today I'm sure I'd be elsewhere. But I am asking myself... even if I can have a peaceful existence from now on... is it worth it ? I mean... 27 is already a whole lifetime to me. Is there someting good to look foward to in my 30's and 40's ? I don't know.

Scattered-Soul

Scattered-Soul

It was an indescribable pain
Oct 2, 2023
There always will be as long as a person's alive in my opinion, except if they're suffering from debilitating problems I suppose but just the fact that you've already lived through a certain portion of your life doesn't mean that it's all over and you can't have anything to look forward to. Especially if you're doing so much better. I think that means there can still be a lot of hope for the future and honestly even though 27 years is quite a bit of time, it still is pretty young. The option to CTB will always be available. These are just my two cents. Also people's lives shouldn't be over after their 20s and I honestly blame society and the current system we live in for making us feel that way.

Reactions: Enlighten