• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
My therapist told me statistics show you can become way more happy if you do that every day.
My day today was pretty shitty but I will try.
(It is really a hard question today)
1.Me and my dad had an argument on the phone and suddenly the connection was lost. That was quite good. lol
2. In the morning I was less depressed (the evening is fucking with me)
3. One of my Youtube videos had more views than usual

Sisyphus

Sisyphus

Jul 26, 2021
This is very true that it helps to focus on the positive, if.just to counteract the negative thoughts that you have. My therapist referred to it as a gratitude journal. My 3 things from yesterday (since it's early here) are:

1. I had a procedure yesterday for stomach and they doped me up on painkillers and anxiety meds, so I felt better all day.

2. I had a good cup of coffee

3. It was a lot cooler and I was able to enjoy that.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
This was hard to think of but
1. Had some food that I liked
2. Went outside for a bit and I was glad that it wasn't as warm as the previous week.
3. There was no annoying lawnmower noises outside.

Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
1. I gave the other dog in my house a bite of fried tofu
2. I bought cat litter for oil spill and didn't cry missing my cats
3. I talked to the guy at the convienance store who got his job back after being fat-shamed at his previous job and told him how fucked I am

SuicidalAgain

SuicidalAgain

Dummy
Sep 9, 2020
I was about to create a topic like this, but with just one thing. I was happier when I did gratitude lists every day a few years ago so I think I'll give this a go.

1. I got a rare mount in my MMO on my first try, the people left the group shortly after so I didn't have to continue the grind;
2. My brother told me he got a new cat and that gave me something to look forward to, seeing the little furbal xP
3. Ate spaghetti bolognaise - my "same food" that I hadn't eaten in a few months

Flare

Flare

Stormbound
Jul 18, 2021
1. My job (I get paid per task and not per hour)Made me 50% more than average
2. A 'friend' I met online a couple days ago still doesn't hate me.
3. I had ice cream I suppose? But that doesn't really help with my weight problem so is it really a good thing?

Seiko

Seiko

"Nothing's gonna hurt you, baby."
Jul 9, 2021
1. Told my mom to take me to the hospital tomorrow (non-physiatric) Fully committed to going.
2. Someone said negative things about me—bounced right off. Developing tougher skin.
3. Ate some good food.

lastingabyss

lastingabyss

Knockin’ on Heaven’s door
Apr 10, 2021
I love seeing everybody's responses on this thread!! here goes mine:
1. i ate 3 healthy meals,
2. i didnt binge on anything as soon as i came home from a terrible shift!
3. i'm now in bed with my cat, drinking chamomile tea

Flare

Flare

Stormbound
Jul 18, 2021
1. My job (I get paid per task and not per hour)Made me 50% more than average
2. A 'friend' I met online a couple days ago still doesn't hate me.
3. I had ice cream I suppose? But that doesn't really help with my weight problem so is it really a good thing?
Follow up:
1. My car broke, meaning no work this evening (I work weekends). Not only I'm not going to get paid today or tomorrow, but this is going to have repercussions on my job considering I effectively ditched them at the last minute on a high demand day, and they don't take kindly to that.
2. I haven't heard from said friend. Or worse, I should say that I did hear from them but it was meaningless small talk. I'm sure the inevtable "oh this Flare guy's cool and all but I'd rather talk to my actual friends" stage is only a few days away.
3. Said ice cream did indeed not help with my weight problem. More and more clothes are starting to be impossibly tight and I do not have the will right now to go on a proper diet, nor the money for a gym subscription. I stared at a pair of old jeans I used to wear when I wasn't this fat and wondered whether I should keep them for when I'll actually be able to lose weight again or just give up and toss them in the clothes donation bin. Fun times.

I was too quick to assume anything good could happen in my life. Apologies

Last edited: