O

ob600

Dec 17, 2020
I'm sure the various steps (antimietics, etc) and the amount of SN (25g) in the SN method guides helps with making the process quicker and more certain, but it's strange to read medical journals and websites which say the lethal oral dose of SN is as little as 2.5g or 1g. I took a small amount (probably ~1g) to get a sense of the taste and effects, and while I don't think anything will happen to me due to the small amount and my relatively large size, the amount I took is apparently lethal according to some of these sites. I guess these sites also have incentive to be as conservative as possible so someone might call poison control even if they ingest just 1g.

I've felt a slight headache (though that could be unrelated) and burped a couple of times but no vomit or nausea. Would be kind of ironic if I ctb this way unintentionally

• Hugs
Reactions: Catlovergirl, rabbithole, Lostandlooking and 3 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I'm sure the various steps (antimietics, etc) and the amount of SN (25g) in the SN method guides helps with making the process quicker and more certain, but it's strange to read medical journals and websites which say the lethal oral dose of SN is as little as 2.5g or 1g. I took a small amount (probably ~1g) to get a sense of the taste and effects, and while I don't think anything will happen to me due to the small amount and my relatively large size, the amount I took is apparently lethal according to some of these sites. I guess these sites also have incentive to be as conservative as possible so someone might call poison control even if they ingest just 1g.

I've felt a slight headache (though that could be unrelated) and burped a couple of times but no vomit or nausea. Would be kind of ironic if I ctb this way unintentionally
They didn't have accurate records and were wrong. Or possibly they deliberately lied to try to prevent suicides.

Reactions: Catlovergirl, Nitrogennitrite, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
There's always a rare case where a person will die from SN even from a small dose and I guess for shock factor they included the lowest lethal dose that someone has died from but most ppl wouldn't die from that.

Reactions: Isadeth and not-2-b-the-answer
O

ob600

Dec 17, 2020
There's always a rare case where a person will die from SN even from a small dose and I guess for shock factor they included the lowest lethal dose that someone has died from but most ppl wouldn't die from that.
It's probably less for shock factor and more to prevent a situation where they say the fatal dose is 20g and then someone thinks they only had 19g so they're fine. Also it's weird bc they specifically said for an adult. I could see 1g or 2.5g killing a baby. Anyway I don't feel any symptoms and also didn't take antimietics, although it seems those aren't 100% needed

Reactions: Lostandlooking, Helpneedtips, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
It's probably less for shock factor and more to prevent a situation where they say the fatal dose is 20g and then someone thinks they only had 19g so they're fine. Also it's weird bc they specifically said for an adult. I could see 1g or 2.5g killing a baby. Anyway I don't feel any symptoms and also didn't take antimietics, although it seems those aren't 100% needed
Yeah, so they don't get sued or something lol

how long has it been since you ate the SN?

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Did you fast?

O

ob600

Dec 17, 2020
Did you fast?
no, I wasn't planning to ctb. I just wanted to see what the taste was like since I've read it's really salty. I basically just took a pinch. there's a reason the guide says what it says, but I wouldn't be surprised if 10g or so is enough given what I'm reading about SN

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
no, I wasn't planning to ctb. I just wanted to see what the taste was like since I've read it's really salty. I basically just took a pinch. there's a reason the guide says what it says, but I wouldn't be surprised if 10g or so is enough given what I'm reading about SN
1 g is more like a scoop with a finger

O

ob600

Dec 17, 2020
Did you use a scale? 1gr is more than we use to think...
I didn't measure it. Wikipedia says 71mg / kg is the dose at which there is a 50% chance of death. So for a 65kg (143 lb) person, 4.6 g. I have a feeling that even without the amtimietics and stuff the guide suggests, 25g is fatal since that is enough for a 777 lb person

Can't get antimietics and it's pretty salty, so I think I'd just do 10g and hope for the best if I use this method
Yeah, so they don't get sued or something lol

how long has it been since you ate the SN?
it's been a few hours. I just took a little more but it's so salty I can't imagine drinking 25g in just 100mL of water. Wonder if you could take it with juice
so apparently sodium nitrite is carcinogenic so maybe I'll stop until I'm actually ready to ctb. just wanted to see the taste and any symptoms

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: SmellyRat and not-2-b-the-answer
TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
Does anyone remember offhand how much dry measure is 25g of SN? I thought I remembered it to be 2 teaspoons, approximately.

I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
I had 2 to 3 GMs of SN just to taste ... Its salty but not as bad as people make make it sound like ... The only effect it had on me was a bad head

O

ob600

Dec 17, 2020
I had 2 to 3 GMs of SN just to taste ... Its salty but not as bad as people make make it sound like ... The only effect it had on me was a bad head
idk, it was really salty to me. mine is 99,6% pure so maybe that's it. i can't imagine drinking 25g in 100mL. How long did your symptoms last. Are you planning to go all the way with it

SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018

Yep, the fucking salty taste is disgusting. I drank 15g of sea salt in 50ml of water as a test.
I do envy those who naturally love the taste of salt because it just makes me gag instantly.

There's a huge difference in taste between 3g and 25g

O

ob600

Dec 17, 2020
Yep, the fucking salty taste is disgusting. I drank 15g of sea salt in 50ml of water as a test.
I do envy those who naturally love the taste of salt because it just makes me gag instantly.

There's a huge difference in taste between 3g and 25g
the tiny pinches i had were bad enough. 10g (what I think would be fatal for my size) to 25g (what the guide recommends) would be awful. I don't know that I could down it all at once. I'd have to do it over time. And then I could vomit midway which would be a setback.

I'd prefer N but apparently that tastes awful, which makes sense since we've probably evolved to hate the taste of toxic things

Reactions: SmellyRat and Meditation guide
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
I am sure 25 GMs will be worse to taste as compared to 3 GMs that I tasted. But I have no choice as SN is the only method available for me .. I m too chicken to hang myself or jump. I hate my fuckin SI and my gutless self.

• Hugs
Reactions: NegativeSymptoms and Meditation guide
O

ob600

Dec 17, 2020
I am sure 25 GMs will be worse to taste as compared to 3 GMs that I tasted. But I have no choice as SN is the only method available for me .. I m too chicken to hang myself or jump. I hate my fuckin SI and my gutless self.
what about eating fries or something else that needs salt with it? the water is so salty