Status
Not open for further replies.
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Covid is NOT airborne, and this was well known from March (the French leading expert on infectious deceases Didier Raoul who first used Chlorokin to treat Corona said it in early March)
On Sept. 18, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned that tiny airborne particles, not just the bigger water droplets from a sneeze or cough, could infect others. It cited growing "evidence."

I think you mean chloroquin, which doesn't work on this virus.

Reactions: ThrownAwayTom
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
@Mm80 and @Meditation guide I found a source here that is interesting:

I've only been able to find resources saying the virus can live in the air for up to three hours. Another thing I've noticed is that all of the experts speak about this virus with uncertainty. Even in that article they are vary cautious about saying with certainty how long it can live in the air. There are things we know about it but so much that we don't. Being informed and healthy skepticism are our best tools imo.
Thanks foxdie.

Reactions: foxdie
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
On Sept. 18, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned that tiny airborne particles, not just the bigger water droplets from a sneeze or cough, could infect others. It cited growing "evidence."

I think you mean chloroquin, which doesn't work on this virus.
I've just read your link and it says nothing about how long the virus stays in the air.
Plus it says in can travel 6 feet. Earlier you have said it travels much further? Still no accurate source

Reactions: Ghost2211
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Plus it says in can travel 6 feet. Earlier you have said it travels much further? Still no accurate source

There have been several well-documented cases in which the coronavirus spread rapidly and widely in an enclosed or indoor environment — a restaurant in Guangzhou, China; a bus traveling in China's Zhejiang province; a call center in Seoul; and a church choir in Washington state. In that instance, a singer spread the virus up to 45 feet away and infected more than 50 people.

Last edited:
S

Steve Vermont

Feb 27, 2020
You know what depresses me more than anything else?

The amount of bad information still being expressed about Covid-19, six months into this epidemic, in spite of all the efforts my colleagues in health care have been making to INFORM people, and in spite of the deaths of large numbers of those colleagues.

Covid-19 is not mysterious at all. Its appearance (or the appearance of something like it) has been such an inevitability for so long that Hollywood has even made films about it.

We know what it is, how it spreads, how it evolved... and no, the Chinese weren't particularly secretive about it. The U.S. and Western Europe were well-warned about what it could do back in FEBRUARY and most of those countries CHOSE to ignore it or spouted happy-crappy about "herd immunity" and "vertical isolation".

This isn't a conspiracy (although the studied lack of adequate State response in the West may well be).

Furthermore, the disease has killed far more than a million people, unless you believe that Russia, China, the U.S., Brazil, and India — all led by authoritarian populist right governments — are providing the WHO with accurate death statistics, in spite of their leaders' multiple pleas and orders to health authorities to not do this.

For every person who dies of COVID, twenty have long term damage. And, I assure, however much you want to die now, your life will not be improved by neurological issues created by this disease.

The fact that people are so fucking stupid that they can't retrieve the easily accessable scientific information on this disease and/or absorb it, and are still seeking out its secret lizardmen propagators is the most depressing thing I have encountered in 2020. With all our technology and science, the average person in the street would STILL be happier hunting witches or burning Jews to appease God and take away teh plague. Meanwhile, my colleagues and students, on the frontlines of this, are dying in record numbers.

Every time I think about that, I come to this site and start boning up on suicide methods.

And why are people more upset about this than suicide?

First of all, I'd say people ARE pretty upset about suicide, given that this forum is almost illegal and that every time I google "suicide" I get a list of automatic results telling me to talk to a hotline's 'bot or something. We're constantly invaded by assholes who want to shut this site down. I'd this say folks take suicide pretty seriously.

Secondly, FFS, isn't this site's mantra "suicide is a choice"? COVID-19 infection ISN'T.

You might reasonably complain that people don't care about mental illness or that they don't care about YOU and that this leads to a lot of suicides. Fair go. But that's an entirely different kettle of fish from complaining that people don't pay enough attention to suicide.

We could use much more attention to public health — especially mental health. But fuck me if I want the world to "pay attention" to suicide as much as it does to Covid. This site would be immediately shut down, just for starters.

Sorry, OP: but it sounds to me like YOU want attention. This may well be completely justified, btw. I am not judging you on that. But don't mix that up with cries of "why doesn't the world care about suicide"?

It does. Far too much, in my opinion.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: raindrop, ThrownAwayTom, ITryHard and 6 others
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
As I recall that was what they thought up until very recently. But thanks for at least giving us some info people can read.

Also recently they have found the virus molecules can travel up to over 20 feet, not just six feet as they at first thought.
There have been several well-documented cases in which the coronavirus spread rapidly and widely in an enclosed or indoor environment — a restaurant in GuangzhouChina; a bus traveling in China's Zhejiang province; a call center in Seoul; and a church choir in Washington state. In that instance, a singer spread the virus up to 45 feet away and infected more than 50 people.

Not to change this subject but we are on a suicide chatroom. Can you please be a little more kind to me?
it would be much appreciated. I don't want to end my days in an ongoing confrontation with anyone.
I would ask you for an accurate source for these well documented things butvi won't get one. I give up because I'm just adding fuel to the fire. Everytime I question you, you just throw a new unfounded claim in. So it's not a good idea to question you anymore.
I can be kind if you want and support you in what I believe to be irrational fears which others may take as gospel.
Or I could try and challenge you in attempt to help.
Im not goona change your mind so yeah no worries. Agree to disagree but pls bear in mind that when somebody challenges what you say it isn't abuse.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 19654 and Ghost2211
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
There is a link in that post. What's going on with you today? I'm ready to ctb and this is going on? Thanks a lot friend. Now I'm crying.
Can't read the link.
Im sorry your ready to ctb. That's a separate issue and of course I have empathy for your position.
I just disagree with some of the things you've put on this particular thread that's all, and I have challenged you. I won't challenge you anymore.

not4us

not4us

Experienced
Sep 21, 2019
But don't mix that up with cries of "why doesn't the world care about suicide"?

I think by saying that the world doesn't care enough about suicide, OP meant that the world should try harder to help suicidal people, look closer on the causes of depression etc, and I agree with that.

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
You have bullied me until I am crying. And I do not cry.
I'm sorry but your manipulating things now. I haven't once bullied. Pls don't accuse me of something I haven't done.
If you feel bullied pls report and let the mods decide. I've disagreed and challenged what you have said. I haven't personally attacked you, just disagreed with what you have put.
Im not happy with being called a bully when I'm not.

Reactions: esse_est_percipi
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
now you want to argue about that too. I don't cry, ever. Twice in the past several years. But I am now.
I am certainly not happy that your upset but I cannot accept that I've bullied you when I haven't. I'll say it once more. I just disagree with what you said. Nothing more. I agree with lots of your posts too.

• Love
Reactions: esse_est_percipi and GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I would ask you for an accurate source for these well documented things butvi won't get one. I give up because I'm just adding fuel to the fire. Everytime I question you, you just throw a new unfounded claim in. So it's not a good idea to question you anymore.

But she did give an (ostensibly) accurate source in the link you quoted, the Washington Post. I wouldn't call that an unfounded claim.

I wouldn't label it bullying, but I do understand why @Meditation guide is frustrated with what you've said. Unless you innocently overlooked the evidence she provided, you just gaslighted her here. Not cool. There's a time I too would have cried in frustration and felt like a victim, now I am empowered with knowledge of what's happening and call that ish out. @Meditation guide, I suggest you check the manipulation tactics thread and get empowered. Then you, too, can call ish out, and also check your own debating techniques against the list.

To be bluntly honest, I generally like @Mm80 and generally dislike @Meditation guide. But I'm not going to support my buddies when they're not acting right, and I'm not going to let someone I don't like be knocked down and kicked and do nothing about it. Justice is justice, regardless of personal preferences. So I offer the one defense and a hand to get back up, and I tell the other, "You're not acting right here," because the admonishment of a friend is good medicine (far better than a kick in the ass from someone who's just waiting for you to trip up).

Reactions: Infinite Conscious
ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
What a shitshow

Reactions: Ghost2211
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
That Washington post article seems to be hidden behind some kind of subscription paywall. I can't see it either.

I understand you felt upset because he kept challenging you but I'm not sure I'd call that bullying. Before you edited your post, you made a comment about how he was pushing you to ctb. That itself was not okay and was emotionally manipulative.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: esse_est_percipi, GoodPersonEffed, Mm80 and 1 other person
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
That Washington post article seems to be hidden behind some kind of subscription paywall. I can't see it either.

I understand you felt upset because he kept challenging you but I'm not sure I'd call that bullying. Before you edited your post, you made a comment about how he was pushing you to ctb. That itself was not okay and was emotionally manipulative.
Posts getting edited and deleted is happening a lot.....

Reactions: Deleted member 19654 and GoodPersonEffed
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Before you edited your post, you made a comment about how he was pushing you to ctb.
It didn't stop him though did it? Nope. Just kept "challenging" as he called it. I said it due to being in tears. It was an honest statement of how I felt.
To be bluntly honest, I generally like @Mm80 and generally dislike @Meditation guide
I liked him too.

Last edited:
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I'm sorry, but he did stop once you said it upset you and that it made you cry.

Infinite Conscious

Infinite Conscious

Experienced
Aug 18, 2020
You know what depresses me more than anything else?

The amount of bad information still being expressed about Covid-19, six months into this epidemic, in spite of all the efforts my colleagues in health care have been making to INFORM people, and in spite of the deaths of large numbers of those colleagues.

Covid-19 is not mysterious at all. Its appearance (or the appearance of something like it) has been such an inevitability for so long that Hollywood has even made films about it.

We know what it is, how it spreads, how it evolved... and no, the Chinese weren't particularly secretive about it. The U.S. and Western Europe were well-warned about what it could do back in FEBRUARY and most of those countries CHOSE to ignore it or spouted happy-crappy about "herd immunity" and "vertical isolation".

This isn't a conspiracy (although the studied lack of adequate State response in the West may well be).

Furthermore, the disease has killed far more than a million people, unless you believe that Russia, China, the U.S., Brazil, and India — all led by authoritarian populist right governments — are providing the WHO with accurate death statistics, in spite of their leaders' multiple pleas and orders to health authorities to not do this.

For every person who dies of COVID, twenty have long term damage. And, I assure, however much you want to die now, your life will not be improved by neurological issues created by this disease.

The fact that people are so fucking stupid that they can't retrieve the easily accessable scientific information on this disease and/or absorb it, and are still seeking out its secret lizardmen propagators is the most depressing thing I have encountered in 2020. With all our technology and science, the average person in the street would STILL be happier hunting witches or burning Jews to appease God and take away teh plague. Meanwhile, my colleagues and students, on the frontlines of this, are dying in record numbers.

Every time I think about that, I come to this site and start boning up on suicide methods.

And why are people more upset about this than suicide?

First of all, I'd say people ARE pretty upset about suicide, given that this forum is almost illegal and that every time I google "suicide" I get a list of automatic results telling me to talk to a hotline's 'bot or something. We're constantly invaded by assholes who want to shut this site down. I'd this say folks take suicide pretty seriously.

Secondly, FFS, isn't this site's mantra "suicide is a choice"? COVID-19 infection ISN'T.

You might reasonably complain that people don't care about mental illness or that they don't care about YOU and that this leads to a lot of suicides. Fair go. But that's an entirely different kettle of fish from complaining that people don't pay enough attention to suicide.

We could use much more attention to public health — especially mental health. But fuck me if I want the world to "pay attention" to suicide as much as it does to Covid. This site would be immediately shut down, just for starters.

Sorry, OP: but it sounds to me like YOU want attention. This may well be completely justified, btw. I am not judging you on that. But don't mix that up with cries of "why doesn't the world care about suicide"?

Thank you for replying.
You are a medical doctor? A professor?
Wouldn't you as a doctor know about the best methods how to off yourself with medicines available to you? (just wondering)

You have a point about suicide and attention... perhaps I should have said "mental illness" instead.
I'm not looking for any attention personally, quite the contrary.

But I will die believing that this is a conspiracy (not a theory but practice).
A social experiment to change the global way of thinking, to keep us wearing masks and STFU, to bring down the small and medium businesses (so the banks and corporations could buy them for cents on a dollar), and to give the power back to the deep state in the US (the so called "democratic" party which has nothing to do with democracy).

Do you believe that 9/11 was an operation of 18 muslim hijackers?
Don't roll your eyes, this is a very important question.

Last edited:
Reactions: esse_est_percipi, Lizzy199075, timetofly and 2 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I'm sorry, but he did stop once you said it upset you and that it made you cry.
I had asked him in a message to stop. He didn't.

I had asked him here too. He didn't.

Before you edited your post, you made a comment about how he was pushing you to ctb. That itself was not okay and was emotionally manipulative.

Nor did I say he was pushing me to ctb. I said I was ready to ctb and this is going on? I simply was hoping to ctb without any arguing. I did not say HE was making me do it.

Last edited:
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Guys please keep this on topic and don't turn it into a flame war or it will end up being locked. Thanks loves ❤️

• Love
Reactions: foxdie, Lost in a Dream, Deafsn0w and 4 others
Status
Not open for further replies.