• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

luten

work, love, and learn
Feb 25, 2021
Last night was cruel. I dreamed about a client i had in 2013-2017, and how they wanted me to train the person who took-over my work, which I refused to do in real life. It happened in the dream. They got a cheaper guy, with less experience, it was the only reason why switch. It still haunts me to the day that one can have such a fantastic relationship with you client/work, over a course of many years, and then one day they just tell you to f-off. I will from now on maintain a save distance from prospective clients, just do the work and get out.

• Hugs
Reactions: Thegoldenapples
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
It is always painful to find that what you assumed was a friendship was really just a temporary alliance. The percentage of people you could trust and could reciprocate friendship has dropped dramatically over the decades. There are still some, but they are greatly outnumbered by the sharks.

Reactions: luten
L

luten

work, love, and learn
Feb 25, 2021
It is always painful to find that what you assumed was a friendship was really just a temporary alliance. The percentage of people you could trust and could reciprocate friendship has dropped dramatically over the decades. There are still some, but they are greatly outnumbered by the sharks.
loyalty is all i am asking for, but there is none.
i asked them for months if they going to sign my service agreement, and told me they still have to look at the agreement, for months, so i kept working without an agreement, then one day they phone, phoned me, said I must come in to discuss the agreement, then they asked for a discount per quotation, which I provided them with. Funny how the boss seemed optimistic, while the manager seemed to behind the getting rid of me part. He was the guy who befriended me. I even brought him stuff back from aboard , when i went on holidays. Things he asked for. He always talked about how he must get a raise, and that I must not tell the boss about the new bike, and computers he bought. He wanted to buy my old smartphone for his wife, which i did not want to sell, but i said, what a heck...he never paid me the money, and i never mentioned it, because they were my biggest source of income, and i liked them, I said i would be the bigger person. Just the other day my doctor (GP) of the last 38 years asked for my services, this is the second time, and for the second time he did not pay me, I supported his practice for 38 years, and he of all people know in what condition my body is in, and that I can only work to a certain extent. I will get a new GP. This is the type of world we live in.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
The bible defines love as selflessness (1 Cor 13:4-7). The world seems to be getting more and more selfish. Whatever the opposite of love is, it seems to be growing by leaps and bounds. Relationships of all kinds wither without selflessness. We seem destined for a world defined by the phrase "dog eat dog". If you can connect with someone who is still capable of reciprocative friendship, hold on to it.

L

luten

work, love, and learn
Feb 25, 2021
yep, dog eat dog. I am working on finding new friends.
The bible defines love as selflessness (1 Cor 13:4-7). The world seems to be getting more and more selfish. Whatever the opposite of love is, it seems to be growing by leaps and bounds. Relationships of all kinds wither without selflessness. We seem destined for a world defined by the phrase "dog eat dog". If you can connect with someone who is still capable of reciprocative friendship, hold on to it.