• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I've read alot of articles recently about kids (ages 12-17) ctb. The majority of these are by hanging and seem fairly impulsive and unplanned (from what I've read). How are they managing this so easily with little to no planning when there's us on here planning for weeks, even months to ctb? yet still sometimes failing. Are we over thinking it?
Yes. Absolutely overthinking it

Last edited:
Abir_london

Abir_london

Experienced
Jun 15, 2020
Weird I was thinking about this today

user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
i don't think a lot of kids succeed. i'm 19 now, but a large majority of my old friend group had failed suicide attempts in middle or high school, myself included. most suicidal teens will overdose on an otc medication (paracetamol, ibuprofen, etc.) and then fail. it's just a matter of which kids happen to be the ones to succeed. also media coverage in suicides focuses a lot on kids because it's so tragic and awful. but i do think impulsivity and less survival instinct comes into play though. in my senior year, a girl committed suicide by jumping in front of a train track.
i don't think a lot of kids succeed. i'm 19 now, but a large majority of my old friend group had failed suicide attempts in middle or high school, myself included. most suicidal teens will overdose on an otc medication (paracetamol, ibuprofen, etc.) and then fail. it's just a matter of which kids happen to be the ones to succeed. also media coverage in suicides focuses a lot on kids because it's so tragic and awful. but i do think impulsivity and less survival instinct comes into play though. in my senior year, a girl committed suicide by jumping in front of a train track. i think part of it was a statement because she was a transit advocate and fought for a metro system in the city but it was likely also impulsivity (like what's available to the person instantaneously)