UsurpedByDepression

UsurpedByDepression

non cogito, ergo, non sum.
Dec 9, 2023
Too much closed-mindedness. You guys should check out nderf.org. There are thousands of reports and many of the people who had NDE's are not really selling any books or anything like that.

We are not just a bunch of organs, brains, meat and bones (some would say we are not even that and the human body is just a "flesh suit). There is also mind, consciousness...

Flat out denying thousands of report with many similar details (360 degree vision, expanded consciousness, body of light, etc) is just arrogance.

Are some of the details different? Yes because they are personal. If uncle Bob met a lot to you during childhood or something, then maybe you will see him, to ease the transition. Same thing with Jesus etc...

Denying It could be just like denying you're breathing right now, a very possible fact of existence and worth enquirying, exploring.

Unless you think a mass of jelly (brain) can somehow give birth to consciousness.
ironic how you point out others as closed-minded, when you are deliberately ignoring the post that refutes and undermines the post-mortem testimonies as a fact attributable to life after death. it's called cognitive dissonance, people can't accept that we are just an agglomerate of carbon so we invent the existence of the soul from scratch; and this is a fact: in exploring the topic of NDEs we can only examine the effects of DMT on the brain, nothing more, nothing less.

• Love
Reactions: Skathon, Raindancer, Hollowman and 3 others
lostforever77

lostforever77

Dec 13, 2023
I've been researching this for quite a while and i can assure you that there is an afterlife, many people say it's more real than this life. Now, i don't know what determines where we'll go after this life but just wanted to tell you there is life after death. Look up some of the NDEs if you need further proof. I'm just hoping that we all find our peace and the reality we will face would be more exciting.
I am not religious but I am spiritual. LIke a lot of people here I would compare the human body and mind to a computer. It has the same input, output, storage, processing as a computer. However no matter how long I let my computer sit it will never decide to write a poem. I eqoute the human soul to the user of the computer, and if your part of the computer and its network, there is a chance you would never see the user. It would even be logical to assume nothing existed past the computer, when not even knowing about the huge world where the user resides. Again this is not an endorsement of a religion or belief, but just food for thought.

Reactions: Davey36000
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
inside our brain, precisely where the pineal gland is located, dimethyltryptamine (DMT) is secreted;
DMT is a hallucinogenic psychotropic substance, one of the most powerful, obviously its presence in the brain is insignificant quantities, but enough to allow us to experience things such as dreams and NDEs (or post-mortem experiences);

in fact, during the REM phase the pineal gland releases a quantity of DMT which introduces us to the famous dream world, the same dynamic occurs once the pineal gland begins to decompose, to dissolve, that is, precisely, in situations in which involve NDEs, as it begins to decompose rapidly, immediately after cardiac arrest;
this perfectly explains why many people attest to having experienced analogies to the afterlife or supernatural vicissitudes, there are plenty of these testimonies, therefore scholars on the merits have begun to summarize them into categories, the most common are the following:

- the manifestation of a warm presence emanating peace ineffable for human language.

- the expulsion from one's body in an "ethereal" form and the examination of the lifeless body in the third person, until the end of resuscitation.

- the journey inside a tunnel, in which a white and faint light could be seen.

therefore, it is no coincidence that the statements relating to NDEs are mirror images of the experiences concerning the effects of DMT, since the latter causes circumstances in which one views one's own body as if we were an external observer or reconciliation with dead relatives, luminous tunnels or even divinatory encounters (see ayahuasca).

therefore, it can be deduced that:

(and this also explains why a Hindu would be inclined to experience a theophany of Shiva (so to speak) more than one of Jesus Christ, vice versa for a Christian; since hallucinations are determined depending on which brain it is subject to, and multiple and colorful socio-cultural contexts reside in the brain.)

I don't believe in an afterlife, I agree 100% with @UsurpedByDepression's post above.

But I wouldn't rule out reincarnation. Though it wouldn't be us reincarnating, it would be consciousness. I believe at death, consciousness returns to the source, then goes back into another human body. Like playing a different video game character each time; except it's a shitty 'Human Life' video game!
So consciousness keeps the memory of each past life.

I tend to believe Terence McKenna, Michael Talbot(physicist, writer of 'The Holographic Universe') and those guys, about consciousness being the 'reality' behind our universe, and life maybe being a hologram/simulation.

Any reincarnation believers ever try any past-life exploration techniques? I haven't, and I know it's a bit 'out there', but I once came across Michael Talbot's handbook 'Your Past Lives. A Reincarnation Handbook'. He gave techniques to access your past lives. I might try them before I ctb!

• Love
Reactions: marchshift and Adûnâi
Davey36000

Davey36000

I'm not the dog in the picture
Jun 12, 2023
I am not religious but I am spiritual. LIke a lot of people here I would compare the human body and mind to a computer. It has the same input, output, storage, processing as a computer. However no matter how long I let my computer sit it will never decide to write a poem. I eqoute the human soul to the user of the computer, and if your part of the computer and its network, there is a chance you would never see the user. It would even be logical to assume nothing existed past the computer, when not even knowing about the huge world where the user resides. Again this is not an endorsement of a religion or belief, but just food for thought.
Funnily enough the computer analogy is used by some Buddhist monks to explain the NDE process but you can use other anallogies as well. But like a famous sage once said, it is not the body that says "I". It is us who are aware of our body.
ironic how you point out others as closed-minded, when you are deliberately ignoring the post that refutes and undermines the post-mortem testimonies as a fact attributable to life after death. it's called cognitive dissonance, people can't accept that we are just an agglomerate of carbon so we invent the existence of the soul from scratch; and this is a fact: in exploring the topic of NDEs we can only examine the effects of DMT on the brain, nothing more, nothing less.
We are not just an agglomeration of carbon. We are conscious beings and consciousness itself has no beginning, middle or end. Only the body does. We can say for the present course of events that we are human beings, but not "just". It's not some insentient or unconscious matter that says "I am". How could consciousness arise from unconscious brain matter?

Besides some studies were done and they report DMT experiences and NDE reports being different. DMT might be some sort of gateway but it's still different than a near-death experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tears in Rain
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
NDEs are

Neutrino Detection Experiment,

I've been researching this for quite a while and i can assure you that there is an afterlife, many people say it's more real than this life. Now, i don't know what determines where we'll go after this life but just wanted to tell you there is life after death. Look up some of the NDEs if you need further proof. I'm just hoping that we all find our peace and the reality we will face would be more exciting.

Pls read th/ rules

"Do not proselytize, meaning do not impose your views - no matter what they are - on others"

Nothng wrng wth talkng abt wht u belve bt ths = nt smethng tht cn b provn enuf t/ st8 as fct & mke announcmnts t/ SaSu membrs

Reactions: Passersby, Skathon, Hollowman and 3 others
H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
Look I'm familiar with Raymond moody, pin van lommel, there is no conclusive evidence either way. So my answer is I have no idea. But logic is what must be used here, the brain generates experience and can produce these vivid experiences.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Afterlife is just outright impossible, as is reincarnation, heaven or hell.

Once we are dead that's it.

Reactions: Skathon, TapeMachine, Hollowman and 1 other person
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Afterlife is just outright impossible, as is reincarnation, heaven or hell.

Once we are dead that's it.
There are plenty of nde and psychedelic experiences to say otherwise (tibetian book of the dead)

• Hugs
Reactions: Myforevercharlie and lostforever77
lostforever77

lostforever77

Dec 13, 2023
I will have to say this is one of the better discussions I have seen on such a topic in a while. Informative banter, little to no name calling. Granted humanity has set a low bar for itself, but I have found the discussion to be good.

Reactions: Tears in Rain
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Gosh that is horrible. Some of us would prefer the end of everything. What's the point of escaping one world just to go to another? It's a waste in my opinion. I want to die because I want everything to end. I don't want to go somewhere else. I don't want a better life elsewhere. I don't want to be reincarnated. I'm not interested in any of that. And I believe it's all about your beliefs. Once I die, that will be end to everything. Afterlife is not real. It's something people created to feel better about dying because they're scared of death.
I think I read that only 5% of people experience NDE's

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I agree with most of what @Darkover said in this thread.

Reactions: TapeMachine and Darkover
Mistiie

Mistiie

This is a Junly moment
Nov 10, 2023
I don't believe in it but God, I wish either this or reincarnation were true. The one thing that keeps me from CTBing is the fact that I'll never be able to experience hanging out with my friends again.

Reactions: meltdown
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
at least i am not saying that some people are npcs, we are machines tho, terence mckenna believe we could exist outside of matter i don't
But we don't know for sure whether or not consciousness exists outside of our body. Nobody knows for sure. How can you know for certain?

breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
Nderf.org is such an amazing website.

I think it's funny some of the things people say with so much certainty regarding an afterlife when really they're just as clueless as everyone else who's ever lived and pondered the question.
You dont know till you get there but ndes are not just hallucinations.

There's been cases where patients have died on the operating table and see their bodies from above being worked on. They've accurately described things that happened while they were dead.

I love to hear people's thoughts on what happens after death

• Informative
Reactions: underthedatetree
Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
Nobody wants to hear your proselytizing. "Religious" near death experiences mean nothing. There's thousands of different explanations for that sort of thing (like that the person was dreaming or hallucinating or just plain made it all up.)

And even if there's an after life, I still want to die. A change of scenery might do me some good.

Reactions: Skathon, TapeMachine and Celerity
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
How can you or anyone be sure that these weren't dreams/hallucinations? Maybe they feel different but that could well be because the brain is flooded with all sort of hormones just before it dies. As I understand it, people who have had crazy experiences on LSD experience things similar to those who have had NDE's. Why can't it just be drug induced hallucinations?

Plus- correct me if I'm wrong but- I believe all people who have supposedly come back from the dead still had brain function at some level. They weren't dead then! So- would they really have gone anywhere else if they weren't actually dead? What makes these NDE's different to dreams? Because they share similarities? People also dream similar things. Who hasn't had a flying dream? Does that mean I/we can actually fly?

NDE's would seem more valid to me if we didn't dream... But we do dream and my dreams are incredible! The places are incredible and so are my abilities. I can fly, sing, run and speak foreign languages fluently. Personally- I don't think my dreams are real. I don't think I- in my current form is capable of any of these things and I either tend to forget dreams or- they don't feel real enough for me to feel like I actually lived or achieved these experiences.

So- for me- absolutely- I believe that people 'see' all this crazy stuff when near death. Doesn't mean they 'lived' it in a way comparible to what we understand mortal life to be though. So- for me- I hope it's simply a dream that passes quickly- or- that we simply don't get the chance to wake up from it and think- WTF was that?!! As I personally hope is the case with NDE's. So- a batshit crazy dream rather than anywhere they actually went. I think- if you truly think your spirit goes somewhere during an NDE- it stands to reason that you should also consider that your spirit goes somewhere each night when you dream. I doubt many people do believe that.

Reactions: Skathon and TapeMachine
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
How can you or anyone be sure that these weren't dreams/hallucinations? Maybe they feel different but that could well be because the brain is flooded with all sort of hormones just before it dies. As I understand it, people who have had crazy experiences on LSD experience things similar to those who have had NDE's. Why can't it just be drug induced hallucinations?

Plus- correct me if I'm wrong but- I believe all people who have supposedly come back from the dead still had brain function at some level. They weren't dead then! So- would they really have gone anywhere else if they weren't actually dead? What makes these NDE's different to dreams? Because they share similarities? People also dream similar things. Who hasn't had a flying dream? Does that mean I/we can actually fly?

NDE's would seem more valid to me if we didn't dream... But we do dream and my dreams are incredible! The places are incredible and so are my abilities. I can fly, sing, run and speak foreign languages fluently. Personally- I don't think my dreams are real. I don't think I- in my current form is capable of any of these things and I either tend to forget dreams or- they don't feel real enough for me to feel like I actually lived or achieved these experiences.

So- for me- absolutely- I believe that people 'see' all this crazy stuff when near death. Doesn't mean they 'lived' it in a way comparible to what we understand mortal life to be though. So- for me- I hope it's simply a dream that passes quickly- or- that we simply don't get the chance to wake up from it and think- WTF was that?!! As I personally hope is the case with NDE's. So- a batshit crazy dream rather than anywhere they actually went. I think- if you truly think your spirit goes somewhere during an NDE- it stands to reason that you should also consider that your spirit goes somewhere each night when you dream. I doubt many people do believe that.
I agree with you not people that have done dmt,lsd, mushrooms in high enough doses will tell you that even those what they experience is hallucinations those hallucinations feel more real than reality itself. Reality itself just becomes another hallucination that you witness under the influence of drugs. Who is to say that we don't experience a different kind of reality that isn't just a hallucination but a more deeper and meaningful understanding of the world around us

• Informative
Reactions: Forever Sleep
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I don't care, just don't tell me santa isn't real

• Yay!
Reactions: TapeMachine, Forever Sleep and breezeboy
R

Roseate

Arcanist
Mar 24, 2021
I think I read that only 5% of people experience NDE's
I think it has something to do with the subconscious tbh. I think there is a scientific explanation. I don't think that means it's real. It relates to their beliefs.

LetMeBeSad

LetMeBeSad

Student
Sep 21, 2023

You, nor anyone else has any clue as to what is next. You're trying to assuage your fear of not knowing. You can site pseudo bullshit all you want. You. Don't. Know. Neither do your hack sources. Stop trying to tell people what you don't know. You sound just like the preachers of all 3 of desert death cults.

• Love
Reactions: Skathon and Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
If you were raised a Christian, you are almost certain to witness Biblical imagery during your NDE, whilst if you were raised a Hindu, you are almost certain to witness Hindu iconography. Both cannot be right, unless both are willing to admit that the other's god(s) is/are real.
And why can't that be the case? The best scenario is when I make up my own afterlife as I see fit lmao.

Reactions: LetMeBeSad
I

itwillallbeoverr

Dec 15, 2023
I don't believe in an afterlife, I agree 100% with @UsurpedByDepression's post above.

But I wouldn't rule out reincarnation. Though it wouldn't be us reincarnating, it would be consciousness. I believe at death, consciousness returns to the source, then goes back into another human body. Like playing a different video game character each time; except it's a shitty 'Human Life' video game!
So consciousness keeps the memory of each past life.

I tend to believe Terence McKenna, Michael Talbot(physicist, writer of 'The Holographic Universe') and those guys, about consciousness being the 'reality' behind our universe, and life maybe being a hologram/simulation.

Any reincarnation believers ever try any past-life exploration techniques? I haven't, and I know it's a bit 'out there', but I once came across Michael Talbot's handbook 'Your Past Lives. A Reincarnation Handbook'. He gave techniques to access your past lives. I might try them before I ctb!
So based on this knowledge or assumption do you not think ending your life would contribute to a hellish reincarnation, because you couldn't fulfil your life to its entirety?

Or a reincarnation in the dream world whereby you have the same mentality and issues you did in this life but you have to navigate them without ctb? Like a never ending loop.

This is what is scaring me about ctb, although of course I want to think there is sweet nothingness awaiting me.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
consciousness is tied directly to physical, electrical and chemical brain activity and neural pathways. If the brain is damaged, people's perceptions of the world can change. If the brain dies, you don't have any more thoughts. We are tied to our brains. We are our brains. When the brain dies, we're out of luck. If I become brain dead for sure.
Do you subscribe to the biochemical model of mental disorders, too? It's a tangential point, but why can't consciousness be created by the brain, yet be also somewht separate? A computer program is run on an optical disk and depends on it, but has its own logic as well.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
So based on this knowledge or assumption do you not think ending your life would contribute to a hellish reincarnation, because you couldn't fulfil your life to its entirety?

Or a reincarnation in the dream world whereby you have the same mentality and issues you did in this life but you have to navigate them without ctb? Like a never ending loop.

This is what is scaring me about ctb, although of course I want to think there is sweet nothingness awaiting me.

I don't believe that ctb'ing would be the case of you not "fulfilling your life in its entirety". It's just jumping off the ride of life earlier than you might have otherwise.
I don't believe in a human-oriented God, who is watching over us to see if we are being good little boys and girls. So I don't think you're going to be punished by being sent to some kind of hellish reincarnation.

In my view it's probably all random. Maybe we've already lived many past lives; maybe last life you were wealthy, healthy, and you loved life; and I was a rockstar. Maybe the life before that you were Hitler, and I was Stalin! Nobody knows; maybe only some people reincarnate, and others don't.

I wouldn't let that affect your decision to ctb. You're going to die eventually, so what will happen when you ctb will eventually happen anyway.

In the Hindu religion, they talk of Brahmam and Atman. Brahmam is the reality behind everything, absolute consciousness or whatever. Atman is the part of consciousness that goes into each human being and living thing, and loves as an individual entity. At death, it then goes back to the source. Before maybe going into a new human being for the next birth.
Maybe we're just along for the ride, even if we think we're in control.

Reactions: itwillallbeoverr
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
I'm going to make up my own afterlife. All SS members are welcome. Once you arrive there will be no more suffering. You will get to be whatever you want to be, and you will get to do whatever you want to do. It will be euphoric, serene, and overall generally perfect. If you want nonexistence forever then you will get that. If you want to exist forever, that's your wish, and it will be granted. You will know it when you see it. There will be a sign on an elevator floating in space that reads Welcome To Passersby's Eternity. Enter the elevator and take it to the 13th floor. When the door opens, exit the elevator. Hello, you have now arrived at your final destination. . . The AfterLife

Reactions: sash
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
I don't believe there is any form of an afterlife. NDEs aren't reliable because it's anecdotal, and your brain isn't dead. You'll likely see what you wanna see. I've known two people who had near death experiences, and been clinically dead. One was a Christian and another was an atheist. The Christian saw light, and his grandfather in heaven. The atheist saw total darkness and nothing, he described it as being similar to looking at a night sky with minimal stars.

I think the main thing here is this isn't something you can prove definitively. If we were able to reverse brain death, I think we'd have a better idea of what lies after death.

M

Mocon33

Dec 15, 2021
To have an NDE, you must be alive. Once you are dead, there is nothing to support the information processing that produces consciousness and NDE'S.

Reactions: Skathon and Relic
nux_walpurgis

nux_walpurgis

Me, my whispers and a broken God
Oct 18, 2023
There are veridical NDEs in which people describe the environment around their dead body and also blind people regain their eyesight during those experiences, just to show that our consciousness continues on after death. I recommend you check Forever conscious research channel on Youtube, he shows that there is heavy manipulation in coercing souls to reincarnate in this place again. There are also past life regression sessions being done which also proves afterlife. I know it sucks because we are in a such a disadvantaged position here but it is what it is. I don't know how afterlife plays out for each individual though.

Reincarnation sounds like a nightmare to me. I just want to die and everything to end. I don't want to be trapped in a infinate loop of living life after life, and suffering again and again and again thought this earthly, pathetic, miserable existence, without me even knowing it. If there is a hell, then this must be it. This concept terrifies me.

Reactions: Passersby and itwillallbeoverr
Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
inside our brain, precisely where the pineal gland is located, dimethyltryptamine (DMT) is secreted;
DMT is a hallucinogenic psychotropic substance, one of the most powerful, obviously its presence in the brain is insignificant quantities, but enough to allow us to experience things such as dreams and NDEs (or post-mortem experiences);

in fact, during the REM phase the pineal gland releases a quantity of DMT which introduces us to the famous dream world, the same dynamic occurs once the pineal gland begins to decompose, to dissolve, that is, precisely, in situations in which involve NDEs, as it begins to decompose rapidly, immediately after cardiac arrest;
this perfectly explains why many people attest to having experienced analogies to the afterlife or supernatural vicissitudes, there are plenty of these testimonies, therefore scholars on the merits have begun to summarize them into categories, the most common are the following:

- the manifestation of a warm presence emanating peace ineffable for human language.

- the expulsion from one's body in an "ethereal" form and the examination of the lifeless body in the third person, until the end of resuscitation.

- the journey inside a tunnel, in which a white and faint light could be seen.

therefore, it is no coincidence that the statements relating to NDEs are mirror images of the experiences concerning the effects of DMT, since the latter causes circumstances in which one views one's own body as if we were an external observer or reconciliation with dead relatives, luminous tunnels or even divinatory encounters (see ayahuasca).
As far as DMT goes, dying is a traumatic experience and this could be a protective mechanism. But during REM sleep the brain is active, not decomposing. Even then, after waking, it is often difficult to recall most of the dream, and that memory is fading fast. There is a great deal of brain activity during sleep, not that much during cardiac arrest.

(and this also explains why a Hindu would be inclined to experience a theophany of Shiva (so to speak) more than one of Jesus Christ, vice versa for a Christian; since hallucinations are determined depending on which brain it is subject to, and multiple and colorful socio-cultural contexts reside in the brain.)
That looks more like a personal preference, what one calls whiskey might mean bourbon to another. People (including scientists) tend to use terminology they are familiar with when describing things.

If the brain dies, you don't have any more thoughts.
Thoughts are not a requirement for existence. Not even a brain, for some species. Your thoughts are just your identity.

There absolutely needs to be a brain function, because there's no coming back from brain death to tell the tale. Just that "some level" needs to be quite significant to form memories. "Near" death suggests that the person is not dead yet, some have even been conscious, while some are out cold, like on the operating table or in a coma.

Intense dreams can be blamed on hyperactive brain, I need to take some nasty pills because of that. Being unconscious is a bit different thing, been there too, because of brain trauma and then anesthesia. Most of the day of trauma is permanently wiped from memory, and I can promise there are no thoughts or dreams or any awareness during general anesthesia. Hallucinating, dreaming something up is just not going to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forever Sleep