• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
It was hard to focus at work today, anxiety decided to say hi for no reason at all and I kept thinking about a million tiny things at the same time.

If I really want what I think I do (to attempt another degree), then I should hang on at least until the end of the year and save as much as possible. I don't think that will happen if many days are like today.

Just making this appointment has been an idea for two years, last month I created an account on the platform, today I did it. I decided to schedule it for later tonight because I tend to sleep these things off.

I don't know what to think, how to feel. I don't know if I'll actually show up. But the appointment is made and the money is gone.

That's it, thank you for coming to my TED talk.

MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
Okay, I did it.

She already knows I have no friends, that I'm not happy at all with my degree, that I've used drugs in the past, and that I've been suicidal for 12 years, including doing a trial with partial. Oversharing, much?

Overall, not too bad. But she did say she wouldn't try to stop me from killing myself and, shortly after, tried to sell me the idea of hell or just becoming a sad ghost. That was a bummer.

Anywhooo, now I've got homework.

MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
Well, yeah. P stands for psychologist.

P: do you believe in the afterlife?
M: no.
P: okay, let's say you're wrong, you die and you don't like what you see...
M: I don't think that's likely.
P: are you afraid of supernatural stuff?
M: no, I don't believe in that.
P: may I send you a YT channel?
M: sure...
*P is looking for the channel*
M: like, I'm perfectly aware of the promises of damnation, Dante's Inferno and all that, I just don't believe that.
*P sends the channel, it's some sort of Ghostbusters things where guys pretend to talk to spooky ghosts*
M: I'll check it later
P: well... what about the living then, aren't you worried about how your relatives would feel when they found your body?

***Now we're talking!!!***

Reactions: Mentalmick
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
well... what about the living then, aren't you worried about how your relatives would feel when they found your body?
Aha! That old chestnut. They always try the guilt trip in the end, without fail.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Well, yeah. P stands for psychologist.

P: do you believe in the afterlife?
M: no.
P: okay, let's say you're wrong, you die and you don't like what you see...
M: I don't think that's likely.
P: are you afraid of supernatural stuff?
M: no, I don't believe in that.
P: may I send you a YT channel?
M: sure...
*P is looking for the channel*
M: like, I'm perfectly aware of the promises of damnation, Dante's Inferno and all that, I just don't believe that.
*P sends the channel, it's some sort of Ghostbusters things where guys pretend to talk to spooky ghosts*
M: I'll check it later
P: well... what about the living then, aren't you worried about how your relatives would feel when they found your body?

***Now we're talking!!!***
Holy shit these people should NOT be getting paid for this.

MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
Keep in mind I'm broken and could be misremembering some details.

I think this exercise of hers tend to work a lot as the country is very superstitious, and she might have been trying to defuse a situation that wasn't there. It must not be very common to be as open as I was (not that quickly), so that could have been a red flag for her.

After going down that exchange, she asked me whether it was worth it to die, and I told her that was the wrong question. The right one would be whether it's worth it to live.

Then she pointed me to Kierkegaard and Heidegger, so maybe it isn't all fruitless.

Reactions: signifying nothing
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
She sounded kinda cool until she mentioned the idea of hell and becoming a ghost. Ridiculous! lol
Now that I remember, my ex therapist asked me if I was afraid of God and I answered: "Which one? The Christian one? Apollo? Zeus? Ifrit? Ra? Allah?"
She was astonished and changed the topic haha.

WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

The Temporary Problem is Life
Oct 24, 2019
She sounded kinda cool until she mentioned the idea of hell and becoming a ghost. Ridiculous! lol
Now that I remember, my ex therapist asked me if I was afraid of God and I answered: "Which one? The Christian one? Apollo? Zeus? Ifrit? Ra? Allah?"
She was astonished and changed the topic haha.
The best answer to your question is "yes" but she lost it.

• Yay!
Reactions: WornOutLife