eeyore9128

eeyore9128

and just fade away..
Jun 9, 2020
I just ordered 2 x 500g of LR grade SN (I've seen others say AR grade is good but I couldn't get that). The data sheet says it's a solid with *White or slightly yellowish deliquescent crystals or powder*.. but I'm slightly worried because I can't find the purity info anywhere. Under the *Composition/information on ingredient* section on the data sheet It just says: *Proportion: 100%* - does that mean purity?

Also: is LR grade ok to use instead of AR grade? Is it less than effective?

How should I store it until I'm ready to use it? (I was planning on my birthday at the end of July, but I may have to push it back a month or two.)

p.s. I live in Australia and was thrilled to finally find a local online seller that didn't just sell to labs!
i think i got it in my head that I need more than 500g? but checking over the masterpost it says 100g. So.. 1kg is probably too much, huh?
(aaaaand I've just realised i got my wires crossed and ordered too much so, yep. hopefully I can get a partial refund. fml.)

Last edited:
W

WhatIsMyLife

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
Hi there.

You could do the aquarium purity test: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/testing-my-sn-using-the-aquarium-testing-strips.31522/'

If you can't afford to do that, the blood test would work. Just a teaspoon of blood with a few grains of SN, and the blood should turn a dark chocolate brown. That being said, I highly recommend the aquarium test.

In regards to storing, a cool dark place like a cupboard is fine. Just don't open the SN unnecessarily.

Last edited:
Reactions: eeyore9128 and Mare Tranquillitatis
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
What master post are you referring to? You only need 25g, plus enough for backup glasses if you make them.

Reactions: Soul
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Stan's guide I'm guessing, or the resource thread.

But there's no resource on this site that says 100g. And taking too much can cause the method to fail.

Anyhow, I'll wait for the OP to answer rather than speculate.

W

WhatIsMyLife

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
But there's no resource on this site that says 100g. And taking too much can cause the method to fail.

Anyhow, I'll wait for the OP to answer rather than speculate.
Yeah he said he got confused. Now he thankfully knows it's 25g.

Reactions: autumnal
eeyore9128

eeyore9128

and just fade away..
Jun 9, 2020
Sorry for the confusion. The smallest amount I could order was 500g. I read the *100g minimum* in Stan's guide, yes :)

I've read through different SN threads in recent months but hadn't paid attention to the amount, just the effects and methods people shared. For some reason I thought 500g was the minimum, not 100g, so I bought extra just in case. Will have to wait and see about that partial refund (not that I really care).

Anyway.. I haven't looked into the other stuff i need for SN to work, so that's next on my to-do list.

But that thankyou for the test info! I guess I could always open and test one of the 500g bags and leave the other sealed until I'm ready to go.

I'm pretty sure it's real SN as I purchased it from a site that seems to cater to educational buyers (schools, teachers, etc.) I'm not a teacher but they also sell to non-educators so that was a huge find for me.
What master post are you referring to? You only need 25g, plus enough for backup glasses if you make them.

Do you have a link to where it says too much (is there a certain amount mentioned?) of SN will mean it won't work?

Last edited:
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Sorry for the confusion. The smallest amount I could order was 500g. I read the *100g minimum* in Stan's guide, yes :)

I've read through different SN threads in recent months but hadn't paid attention to the amount, just the effects and methods people shared. For some reason I thought 500g was the minimum, not 100g, so I bought extra just in case. Will have to wait and see about that partial refund (not that I really care).

Anyway.. I haven't looked into the other stuff i need for SN to work, so that's next on my to-do list.

But that thankyou for the test info! I guess I could always open and test one of the 500g bags and leave the other sealed until I'm ready to go.

I'm pretty sure it's real SN as I purchased it from a site that seems to cater to educational buyers (schools, teachers, etc.) I'm not a teacher but they also sell to non-educators so that was a huge find for me.

Do you have a link to where it says too much (is there a certain amount mentioned?) of SN will mean it won't work?
Stans guide says
Purchase min 100g (so back ups can be made)
Lethal drink is 20-25g in 50ml water

Reactions: autumnal and eeyore9128
coconut lover

coconut lover

Apr 19, 2020

In the main SN thread you can find people who throw up (and survived) after taking 60+g in 100ml of water and people who died with 20/25g in 50 ml of water.

Reactions: whitefeather and eeyore9128
eeyore9128

eeyore9128

and just fade away..
Jun 9, 2020
In the main SN thread you can find people who throw up (and survived) after taking 60+g in 100ml of water and people who died with 20/25g in 50 ml of water.

Yeah I remember reading a few accounts about throwing up, but didn't realise it was due to the exceeding the recommended dose. I thought they drank too fast/too slow and didn't use the right combo of drugs along with it.

W

WhatIsMyLife

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
Yeah I remember reading a few accounts about throwing up, but didn't realise it was due to the exceeding the recommended dose. I thought they drank too fast/too slow and didn't use the right combo of drugs along with it.
How did ordering go for you on that site? Did it get posted without asking for approval? Like proof of company or educational institute?

eeyore9128

eeyore9128

and just fade away..
Jun 9, 2020
How did ordering go for you on that site? Did it get posted without asking for approval? Like proof of company or educational institute?

It was good! The site gives you the option to register / buy as a teacher or a *parent/other*, which is what I chose because you just need a normal email and that's it.

It says teachers get exclusive discounts and downloadable resources. I'm pretty sure the site is legit - nothing suspicious about the layout or links or info, etc.

I got a confirmation email tonight that my order has been sent, so it should arrive in the next few days. There's a tracking number but it hasn't been activated yet (says it could take a few hours).

I bought on eBay, not even one question

I tried ebay and Amazon first but couldn't find suppliers that ship to Australia (couldn't find any SN on there at all really; the closest i found was curing salt and i know that's only 6-ish% SN).

W

WhatIsMyLife

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
It was good! The site gives you the option to register / buy as a teacher or a *parent/other*, which is what I chose because you just need a normal email and that's it.

It says teachers get exclusive discounts and downloadable resources. I'm pretty sure the site is legit - nothing suspicious about the layout or links or info, etc.

I got a confirmation email tonight that my order has been sent, so it should arrive in the next few days. There's a tracking number but it hasn't been activated yet (says it could take a few hours).

I tried ebay and Amazon first but couldn't find suppliers that ship to Australia (couldn't find any SN on there at all really; the closest i found was curing salt and i know that's only 6-ish% SN).
I know the exact site you're talking about, and they're almost certainly legit. Their Facebook page has like 90k likes. So it should be fine.

I'd appreciate it if you reply here with an update on tracking as soon as it updates :)

Also, the brand that they sell is Australia's major chemical supplier. They're good quality, and legit. If you want to know the assay(purity) email the brand on the MSDS, and ask for the spec sheet for the LR grade SN (Don't mention the brand here). Make sure you specify that you want LR not AR as it could be different. They should send it to you. Just sound professional.

• Love
Reactions: eeyore9128
eeyore9128

eeyore9128

and just fade away..
Jun 9, 2020
I know the exact site you're talking about, and they're almost certainly legit. Their Facebook page has like 90k likes. So it should be fine.

I'd appreciate it if you reply here with an update on tracking as soon as it updates :)

Also, the brand that they sell is Australia's major chemical supplier. They're good quality, and legit. If you want to know the assay(purity) email the brand on the MSDS, and ask for the spec sheet for the LR grade SN (Don't mention the brand here). Make sure you specify that you want LR not AR as it could be different. They should send it to you. Just sound professional.

Yeah, seems like a good site - unfortunately the emailed link for my tracking ID still didn't work (it was a click-through button; but I do still have my receipt and order number). I looked closer at the T&C and it looks like unless you register you don't get tracking for your order, and you can't register unless you're a teacher (which seems stupid, because I would gladly pay extra for tracking, but oh well).

It's Wednesday night here atm and I ordered it a couple of days ago, and according to their delivery times it should arrive by Friday - or early next week if there are delays, I guess.

That's good news. I hadn't thought about emailing to ask about quality, but that's a good idea, thanks! I will be sure to assume my professional tone. ;)

W

WhatIsMyLife

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
Yeah, seems like a good site - unfortunately the emailed link for my tracking ID still didn't work (it was a click-through button; but I do still have my receipt and order number). I looked closer at the T&C and it looks like unless you register you don't get tracking for your order, and you can't register unless you're a teacher (which seems stupid, because I would gladly pay extra for tracking, but oh well).

It's Wednesday night here atm and I ordered it a couple of days ago, and according to their delivery times it should arrive by Friday - or early next week if there are delays, I guess.

That's good news. I hadn't thought about emailing to ask about quality, but that's a good idea, thanks! I will be sure to assume my professional tone. ;)
That site use TNT express to do deliveries. Maybe you could try and paste a tracking number on the TNT site?

eeyore9128

eeyore9128

and just fade away..
Jun 9, 2020
That site use TNT express to do deliveries. Maybe you could try and paste a tracking number on the TNT site?

The first email I got was confirmation of my order, the second told me it had been shipped. The second email said *click here* to track your order, but the link didn't work, didn't go anywhere, and there was no tracking ID in the email, just an order number for the site. Seems like they maybe break the link and just not type in a tracking ID for non-registered users who order..?

I didn't receive a reply to my first email about my quantity issue, but I might email again (or ring) if it hasn't arrived by Friday.