s_girl

s_girl

Still here?
Sep 13, 2018
i dunno man, someone might take your advice and do it. There are real world consequences for your words believe it or not in a forum like this. Your feelings arent my concern here.

I just think if you suicide, dont involve anyone else directly.

I strongly agree. I know 2 truck drivers who have killed someone accidentally, by someone's suicide. He was seriously messed up with PTSD for many, many years. The truck driver could never go back to work and ended up losing his home and wife because of it. He life was literally ruined by someone else's actions. The other driver I know also had lasting significant impacts to his life too.

I was a passenger on a train that someone jumped off a bridge in front of many years ago. I saw the huge mess when we were taken off the train and put into buses. I had nightmares and insomnia and for years could not go on a train again. I also accidentally hit a kangaroo and killed it with my car. Being responsible and involved in taking another life, although not intentional, is really hard to deal with... This seriously messed me up for a long time and I still have trouble and avoid driving at night now.

I am ALL for suicide - it's your life and your choice... but please don't minimise the impact that being directly involved has on other people. I believe it's really cruel and unfair to drag someone else into it and other non-consenting people should be avoided at all costs. There are so many methods available to us that there is no need to involve and harm others... Just my opinion.

Reactions: Salvacion, Ch92921, betteroffdead and 3 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
U
I strongly agree. I know 2 truck drivers who have killed someone accidentally, by someone's suicide. He was seriously messed up with PTSD for many, many years. The truck driver could never go back to work and ended up losing his home and wife because of it. He life was literally ruined by someone else's actions. The other driver I know also had lasting significant impacts to his life too.

I was a passenger on a train that someone jumped off a bridge in front of many years ago. I saw the huge mess when we were taken off the train and put into buses. I had nightmares and insomnia and for years could not go on a train again. I also accidentally hit a kangaroo and killed it with my car. Being responsible and involved in taking another life, although not intentional, is really hard to deal with... This seriously messed me up for a long time and I still have trouble and avoid driving at night now.

I am ALL for suicide - it's your life and your choice... but please don't minimise the impact that being directly involved has on other people. I believe it's really cruel and unfair to drag someone else into it and other non-consenting people should be avoided at all costs. There are so many methods available to us that there is no need to involve and harm others... Just my opinion.
I understand what you're saying and maybe I was wrong to bring up the lorry immediately. However suffering is an innate part of life, I do not hold anything against those forced to use a method that will impact on others. I still praise them for even being able to do it. I respect the dead far more than the living I'm sorry to say.

Edit: I would usually suggest od or gas first of all being peaceful methods done correctly and can be done privately but for some people these things aren't possible. Public suicides happen every day and so does suffering, many people get to the point where their suffering outweighs the suffering they may cause for other people.

Even if it were to lead to another suicide its hard to see that as an inherently bad thing for some of us.. Anyway don't worry. You can make your point and I'll be more careful in futur but I'm not puppeteering anybody.

s_girl

s_girl

Still here?
Sep 13, 2018
Does anyone know how likely dying from jumping off a motorway bridge is? And what's the chance of becoming retarded?

I'm not sure how high a motorway is but from what I think, it wouldn't be high enough. "ONLY 55% of deliberate falls cause death, a figure influenced by the height of the jump.

You're more likely to die if head and chest injuries occurred, the height fall required for 50% of patients to die was found to be 11 m. If these injuries did not occur, the height fall required for 50% of patients to die increased to 22 m. Suicidal falls occurred from a mean height of 23 m.

The surface that the patient lands on influences both injuries and survival. Suicides involving a jump into water showed few external signs of injury, suggesting drowning as the mode of death in the majority of jumps. If you are not killed, you will have very serious injuries with the spine being particularly damaged". All information came from this study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4794537/

In another study of jump survivors, "the estimated average height from which subjects jumped was 7.5 m (25 feet). Notably, several persons going to a building to jump were put off by relatively trivial barriers. Their immediate reaction was not to find another method or even another site, but when some days or weeks later, an easier opportunity for jumping presented itself, this led to their injury and hospital admission".

https://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/full/10.1176/ajp.156.9.1425

It's a well researched area and there's lots of articles on Google.

TLDR: If you choose to jump, it should be over concrete, you should aim to land on your head, and at the very least 25+ m in height.

Reactions: Salvacion and Voldmort
s_girl

s_girl

Still here?
Sep 13, 2018
U

I understand what you're saying and maybe I was wrong to bring up the lorry immediately. However suffering is an innate part of life, I do not hold anything against those forced to use a method that will impact on others. I still praise them for even being able to do it. I respect the dead far more than the living I'm sorry to say.

Edit: I would usually suggest od or gas first of all being peaceful methods done correctly and can be done privately but for some people these things aren't possible. Public suicides happen every day and so does suffering, many people get to the point where their suffering outweighs the suffering they may cause for other people.

Even if it were to lead to another suicide its hard to see that as an inherently bad thing for some of us.. Anyway don't worry. You can make your point and I'll be more careful in futur but I'm not puppeteering anybody.

I totally get what you're saying and agree with you about suffering in life. I truly understand the courage it takes to face your own death, and the desperation to make the pain and suffering stop, any way possible. I just think that we, as suicidal people, understand pain and suffering more than others do and should therefore try to minimise the impact our death has on others. I feel like I can understand both sides as a person who is desperate for death, no matter what, and also someone who has seen the tragic and lasting impact this can have on strangers and their lives.

There is already a strong link between suicide and homocide (murder) and as people that really understand suicide, we need to distance ourselves from any negative associations. I'm passionate (well, I used to be when I could still feel) because I just want people in the world to be better educated about suicide so they can understand and respect our decisions... and ultimately, I just don't think involving others helps our cause.

Thanks for the chat : )

Reactions: lv-gras, Maravillosa and weedoge
Salvacion

Salvacion

Sep 25, 2018
I'm not sure how high a motorway is but from what I think, it wouldn't be high enough. "ONLY 55% of deliberate falls cause death, a figure influenced by the height of the jump.

You're more likely to die if head and chest injuries occurred, the height fall required for 50% of patients to die was found to be 11 m. If these injuries did not occur, the height fall required for 50% of patients to die increased to 22 m. Suicidal falls occurred from a mean height of 23 m.

The surface that the patient lands on influences both injuries and survival. Suicides involving a jump into water showed few external signs of injury, suggesting drowning as the mode of death in the majority of jumps. If you are not killed, you will have very serious injuries with the spine being particularly damaged". All information came from this study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4794537/

In another study of jump survivors, "the estimated average height from which subjects jumped was 7.5 m (25 feet). Notably, several persons going to a building to jump were put off by relatively trivial barriers. Their immediate reaction was not to find another method or even another site, but when some days or weeks later, an easier opportunity for jumping presented itself, this led to their injury and hospital admission".

https://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/full/10.1176/ajp.156.9.1425

It's a well researched area and there's lots of articles on Google.

TLDR: If you choose to jump, it should be over concrete, you should aim to land on your head, and at the very least 25+ m in height.
I'm hoping to jump from 130 foot bridge, but since it's been raining a lot I think the ground may be invoiced below. I wonder if that will be a problem?

V

Voldmort

Experienced
Sep 23, 2018

Thanks for your informations

The Whale

The Whale

Error
Mar 18, 2019
The bridge jump method scares me. I'll copy past what I've read. If someone can confirm it, that would be cool.
"First of all, you would hit the water at 75mph, shattering bones and internal organs. You only die because you're too broken to swim and you drown in terrible pain."
I'd prefer jumping off a high building.

Reactions: Feline
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Does anyone know how likely dying from jumping off a motorway bridge is? And what's the chance of becoming retarded?
Terrible idea. Not only is it an undignifed method, it's irresponsible to put others at risk like that. We already have a peaceful, cheap, legal substance called sodium nitrite. Don't do it.