• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

If I am no good , then let me out
Jun 30, 2019
I grew up with both The Never Ending Story and The Never Ending Story II : The Next Chapter when I was a child

They were my favourite movies and I was obsessed with them

When , in 2003, I found out that Jonathan Brandis, who played Bastian , committed suicide , I was so shocked and disappointed as I knew I would never see any thing new from him again

No one , not even his friends or family , know why he did it . Was he under pressure from the enter tainment industry ? Was he a victim of paedophiles , as they are known to infiltrate that industry

I know that Barret Oliver who played the original Bastian disappeared from the public eye and no one knew where he was until about 10 years ago when some one found out he had become a photographer

On an interesting note , Jonathan Brandis died on the 12th of November , which is the birth day of the author of The original Never Ending Story novel of which the movies were based on , Michael Ende

Reactions: Orin, Circles and not-2-b-the-answer
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
He would be an example of why it's important to be alone when hanging. He was "saved" to die a day later in the hospital:

At 11:40 p.m. on November 11, 2003, Brandis hanged himself in the hallway of his Los Angeles apartment building. His body was discovered and he was transported to the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center,[12] where he died at 2:44 p.m. on November 12 from injuries he sustained during the hanging.[12][13][14]

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles and not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I do remember seeing this online but it was was at least a few years after he passed.

Reactions: Circles
J

Juggernaut

Jun 1, 2019
I grew up with both The Never Ending Story and The Never Ending Story II : The Next Chapter when I was a child

They were my favourite movies and I was obsessed with them

When , in 2003, I found out that Jonathan Brandis, who played Bastian , committed suicide , I was so shocked and disappointed as I knew I would never see any thing new from him again

No one , not even his friends or family , know why he did it . Was he under pressure from the enter tainment industry ? Was he a victim of paedophiles , as they are known to infiltrate that industry

I know that Barret Oliver who played the original Bastian disappeared from the public eye and no one knew where he was until about 10 years ago when some one found out he had become a photographer

On an interesting note , Jonathan Brandis died on the 12th of November , which is the birth day of the author of The original Never Ending Story novel of which the movies were based on , Michael Ende

He did it because he was depressed at being rejected by Hollywood, there are several articles that cover the discussions he had with friends prior to hanging himself. He did it in the hallway of his apartment

• Aww..
Reactions: Circles and Lara Francis
HitchHiker

HitchHiker

Student
Jun 23, 2019

Written by one of Jonathan's friends

Reactions: Circles
B

Brainpain

chronic pain
Jun 14, 2019
He was a childhood crush of mine. I was shocked and saddened to hear the news. From what I heard he had a hard time with transiting from teen heart throb so adult struggling to find work.

Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

If I am no good , then let me out
Jun 30, 2019
That was a very interesting little article there written by the actress Danielle Harris

I had never heard of her before today

She said that he didn't kill him self because of the rejection by Holly wood because he didn't give a toss about that . I wonder what did kill him and why he never left a note

His predecessor Barret Oliver who played Bastian Mark 1 , went on to be brain washed by Scientology and then went on to become a photographer after he left the cult

What ever reason that Jonathan Brandis caught the bus , the movie industry is a nasty place

Alchemist

Alchemist

Warlock
Apr 3, 2019
Not many child actors end up with well-adjusted after Hollywood. Either they stay on acting and are dragged to the horrible industry there, or they leave and either have average lives after that or can't deal with the fact that they stopped being relevant after reaching puberty. The movie industry is just a real shithole.