Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
That's common sense, right? Some threads can be used for jokes, others not (goodbye threads, people recovering from an attempt, etc.)
It isn't against the rules though, it's just instinctive for me. But we all make mistakes.

Reactions: Fragile, Pupu, Mm80 and 3 others
Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Some people aren't here for humor or jokes though. Sometimes when a joke is made in a thread, it takes over OR you never know how the OP is feeling.

This is a suicide forum so yeah its gonna be pretty serious most of the time. Also, adding in humor to people threads probs isnt for the best.

The chat feature or making ur own thread in off topic is probs more appropriate.

ETA: Also, wtf did u mean by "knew it :p" like how else do u think someone would take that? Especially after a failed attempt like??????

If Y'all wanna laugh and use dark humor AT LEAST use the chat but dont just be commenting on peoples threads omg.... most of the comments of that whole thread are gross/annoying...

I repeat people on here are more than likely in a vulnerable state. This is a forum for suicide. Don't just comment carelessly.

Im sick of people making careless comments and then complaining about the response after like... maybe don't come off hostile/troll like/mean ??? Ugh

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, ithappens, Life_and_Death and 4 others
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Yeah, this is a serious forum. Talking about suicide is serious, people who create threads here are often in pain and hope to be taken seriously. You wanna joke around, go to off-topic or at least make sure the thread in question is light-hearted enough. Dark humour may be a coping mechanism of YOURS, that doesn't mean everyone is supposed to accept it with an open heart when they are talking about how desperate they are.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, CatabolicSeed, Didymus and 3 others
Didymus

Didymus

Clutching at invisible straws
Dec 11, 2018
Joke around in the off-topic forum.

Reactions: Fragile and aneurysm
CatabolicSeed

CatabolicSeed

they/them
Feb 19, 2020
There is a difference between joking on your own serious threads and joking on other people's serious threads. It's about respect basically.

Reactions: aneurysm
aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
Thanks for your perspective, everyone. and for taking the time to reply. It was interesting to hear how each of you feel about my post and also, thank you for your honesty/straight-forwardness (which I genuinely appreciate) with me. I'm starting to see what some of you are trying to tell me
It isn't against the rules though, it's just instinctive for me
to be honest idk. I feel like a moderator could give me a 10% for that.

I once had a thread deleted because the topic was controversial and gave rise to a heated debate. But someone else later (way later) made the exact same topic and didn't have the thread deleted. worth mentioning that that person (who made a similar topic to mine) is a moderator. so I guess the moderation is unfair somewhat but it's okay. there's no other way for us humans to be, it's in our profound nature to be biased for and against based on the person who commit the act. what matters is the degree of bias i guess, with which, to be fair, SS's moderation is doing alright.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lupgevif