BooGirl

BooGirl

Warlock
Jan 10, 2020
I was reading through some of the links that that Vice article gave, and I came across this article. We shouldn't be forced to have martyrs, but from the looks of it, Dr. Kevorkian is one of the greatest martyrs we have. Imagine, he saved 130 people from future suffering, and was willing to go to prison for years for the sake of his beliefs. His force of character is honestly something to behold, considering that most people are nowhere near that level of selflessness.

Can we crowdsource a statue for him or somethin'? :happy:

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, Passersby, AnestheticVoid and 4 others
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
I was reading through some of the links that that Vice article gave, and I came across this article. We shouldn't be forced to have martyrs, but from the looks of it, Dr. Kevorkian is one of the greatest martyrs we have. Imagine, he saved 130 people from future suffering, and was willing to go to prison for years for the sake of his beliefs. His force of character is honestly something to behold, considering that most people are nowhere near that level of selflessness.

Can we crowdsource a statue for him or somethin'? :happy:

Did he commit suicide?

Reactions: BooGirl
K

KimKevorkian

Experienced
Feb 23, 2022
There should be a postage stamp in his honor that's laced with cyanide. I think banana cream flavor would be lovely. Takes a licking and we stop ticking.

• Yay!
Reactions: Venessolotic and Passersby
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
He was a brave man. Respect.

K

KimKevorkian

Experienced
Feb 23, 2022
Every father's day, mother's day, commonwelath, Kwaanza, and Ouija Board Day I pay tribute in my mind to my namesake. Maybe there will be an anti-natalist church established (no doubt there are already) who will canonize St. Jack. Here here. To you St. Jack I raise my goblet consisting of the finest veterinary Nembutal.

S

silent staring void

Student
Jan 22, 2020
Maybe there will be an anti-natalist church established (no doubt there are already) who will canonize St. Jack.
That's what the Church of Euthanasia did though, right?

Reactions: Venessolotic
K

KimKevorkian

Experienced
Feb 23, 2022
That's what the Church of Euthanasia did though, right?
Yes! Forgot abt that. Awesome. Damn, we need more like that. Is it still around?
Yep. Still around. I'll pass on the sodomy and cannibalism, thanks. Not my cup of broth. But, I love the irreverence. I thought Robert Anton Wilson was associated with a few groups like that---Discordia? Trippy and fun. We could use much more of that on this site. More dark humor, There are quite a few wonderfully droll wits on here. Death can be hilarious fodder. Not cancer, etc, imo, except if someone has cancer and is describing it. But most here have ideation. Wonderful potential here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Venessolotic