• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

U

Untitled

Jan 14, 2019
So, as the title says, I've tested the SN that I received from a seller on eBay.

I've used two test kits by JBL that are meant for aquariums.

The first test is called JBL Nitrite Test NO2 and it measures nitrites up to a resolution of 1 ppm.

The second test is called JBL EasyTest 6in1 and it measures nitrites up to a resolution of 10 ppm.

I've done the same test on 3 different occasions, on 3 different days, and I've gotten pretty much the same results.

I was very careful about the measurements.

I filled 3 bottles with 990 ml of water.
After that I did the following:
  1. To the first I added exactly 10 g of SN.
    Then I let it sit for several minutes, shook the bottle aggressively, and then I let it sit for several more minutes.
    The contents of this bottle now weighed 1000 g and 10 g of it was SN.
    This is a solution of 10/1000.
  2. To the second bottle I added 10 ml from the previous bottle.
    Then I let it sit and shook it like I did with the first bottle.
    The solution here should now be (10/1000)^2
  3. I did the same thing with the third bottle.
    In the end, the third bottle had a solution of (10/1000)^3 = 1 ppm.
I followed the instructions on the JBL Nitrite Test NO2 test (that measures a max resolution of 1 ppm).
It showed between 0.6 ~ 0.8 ppm nitrite.

For the second test, the JBL EasyTest 6in1 (that measures a max resolution of 10 ppm) , I took 10 ml from the second bottle and dissolved it in 90 ml in a cup.
This showed between 5 ~ 10 ppm nitrite.

At first I was worried about the results, thinking the SN I received must not have been as pure as advertised,
but then I realized that the JBL test kits don't test NaNO2, but rather just NO2.

Calculating the atomic masses of Na, N, and O, I realized that NO2 is only 66.68% of the weight of NaNO2, so I guess this actually sits well with my measurements.

The first measurement should have shown 1 ppm if I had used pure nitrite (NO2),
but since I've used Sodium Nitrite (NaNO2), it should have shown 0.6668 ppm (which is between 0.6~0.8 like I got).

The second measurement should have shown 10 ppm if I had used pure nitrite (NO2),
but since I've used Sodium Nitrite (NaNO2), it should have shown 6.668 ppm (which is between 5~10 like I got).

Lastly, if any one of you have made your own measurements, please feel free to share here, so we may all know.

DISCLAIMER: Those are just my personal measurements, which I share with no ill intention.
I don't encourage anyone to buy from the seller, nor do I encourage anyone to kill themselves.
I'm also not affiliated with the seller or with any other SN seller in any way, to the best of my knowledge.
If you are suicidal, please know that you can contact one of the suicide prevention groups in your home country.
Alternatively, you can google "suicide prevention".

Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Did you use distilled/purified water?
Drinking water has minute amounts of chemicals and minerals that, at such extremely low dilution, could easily interact, though rarely react (use NO2 to create new molecules). So it's interesting that it went ok.

Reactions: Untitled
U

Untitled

Jan 14, 2019
Did you use distilled/purified water?
Drinking water has minute amounts of chemicals and minerals that, at such extremely low dilution, could easily interact, though rarely react (use NO2 to create new molecules). So it's interesting that it went ok.

No, I've just used regular tap water.
I've tested the tap water alone, the first time, but I forgot what the result was.
If I remember correctly, the result showed no NO2 at all in the tap water.

EDIT:
OK, so I've just tested plain tap water.
The first test showed <0.01 ppm (this test measure up to 1 ppm).
The second test showed either 0 or 0.5, I really couldn't tell (this test measure up to 10 ppm).

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Quarky00
Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
Thank you so much for doing this and sharing this with all of us!!!! Im sure knowing this will put a lot of people at easy, including me! THANK YOU!! I love you!❤️ I hope you are having a good day, you deserve it!❤️

• Hugs
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Please refrain from using sellers identities on the forum. Thanks.