• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
Recently, I've been pushing myself to become more involved in my life. I'm in the process of being hired as a teaching assistant-like position for a history class and a psychology class that I've taken in the past. I'm also hoping to get involved with behaviorism research since it's related to my major and it'll give me research experience alongside the possibility of scholarship money. Lastly, I've been thinking of joining the university's honor program too. I'm still kinda on the fence about this but the director has encouraged me to join so I feel kinda guilty just leaving them hanging. This all feels pretty overwhelming though. It's like I've switched from one extreme to the other, and I'm worried that I'm biting off more than I can chew. There's this part of myself that's screaming to give up, and that I'm gonna screw up majorly. It's a sucky feeling but I've been trying to push through it as best I can.

P

poached

Dec 4, 2023
What are your post college plans and to what extent do these activities advance them?

Are you looking for a PsD or Phd?

If so you are getting useful experience and potential written recommendations.

You may also get experience that leads you to believe that a different career path is for you. That's ok too.

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
What are your post college plans and to what extent do these activities advance them?

Are you looking for a PsD or Phd?

If so you are getting useful experience and potential written recommendations.

You may also get experience that leads you to believe that a different career path is for you. That's ok too.
To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what I want to do post college. I'm pretty sure I would want to do something related to criminal Justice but I'm not entirely sure would that would look like quite yet.

I'm not really planning to get a PhD or a PsyD at this point. I don't really think either are necessary for what I'm hoping to do in the future. I think the furthest I would go is a Masters.

Really, I'm doing this more for the experience (like you said) and the possibility of maybe getting some scholarships. I've heard that you could get some scholarships for research so, to be entirely honest, that's probably the biggest reason why I'm doing it. The experience is also important too, just in case I end up changing my mind about pursuing a doctorate degree in the future for whatever reason.

Reactions: poached