• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
So today, I got pulled over for my first time in the 3 years that I've been driving and it was for expired state inspection. While the cop was talking to me, I zoned out a little and by the time he was done, I didn't remember anything he said besides call a number if I don't want to go to court to settle it. I swear I hate my cognitive issues and I don't even know what to say to this number when I call them and would probably forget what to say by the time they say hello. I'm seriously considering getting some SN just in case and will probably get some anyways. Then I got something in the mail about going to court to serve on jury potentially. How the hell am I gonna remember the case if I'm having cognitive issues already? I swear this life is a joke for me and I don't want to be a part of it anymore. The only reason I'm still here is for family and friends and my fear of a potential hell. Otherwise, I would've done it by now.

Stick

Stick

Experienced
Aug 31, 2020
I'm so sorry Squiddy, this sounds super stressful. Do you think you could ask some of your friends or family for help while you are on the phone call? Maybe one of them has experienced this before and can help you keep your senses.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
I'm so sorry Squiddy, this sounds super stressful. Do you think you could ask some of your friends or family for help while you are on the phone call? Maybe one of them has experienced this before and can help you keep your senses.
I could ask, but I'm afraid none of them will help me. My mom I feel would say something like "you're an adult, you can handle it yourself"

Stick

Stick

Experienced
Aug 31, 2020
I could ask, but I'm afraid none of them will help me. My mom I feel would say something like "you're an adult, you can handle it yourself"
That really sucks. It's normal to need to rely on others from time to time, especially family. It's what they are there for.
If it helps at all, I'm behind you. I think you can do it, and if you can't, you are always free to come here and talk about it again.

DeathNoot

DeathNoot

Student
Feb 19, 2020
Sorry about at all the stress :( You could write down a script for the phone call, that's the advice I get for anxiety. Although that's not the same issue you have, perhaps it may help. For jury, you could probably get off for cognitive issues? Especially if you have any kind of diagnosis. If affects the case they will likely dismiss you from serving.

C

CharlieBrown

Aug 22, 2020
I am sorry you had such a stressful day. I don't know what state you live in. Weren't you given a ticket with a fine? In the state I live in, I would have a window of time to get the updated inspection and pay the fine to avoid going to court. I also use @DeathNoot's method of writing a script if I have to make a phone call so you don't have to worry about forgetting what you have to say. If you need any help with this, let us know.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
I am sorry you had such a stressful day. I don't know what state you live in. Weren't you given a ticket with a fine? In the state I live in, I would have a window of time to get the updated inspection and pay the fine to avoid going to court. I also use @DeathNoot's method of writing a script if I have to make a phone call so you don't have to worry about forgetting what you have to say. If you need any help with this, let us know.
I have til mid October to get it settled. I'm just frustrated with myself that I can't articulate myself properly or remember things.

Sorry about at all the stress :( You could write down a script for the phone call, that's the advice I get for anxiety. Although that's not the same issue you have, perhaps it may help. For jury, you could probably get off for cognitive issues? Especially if you have any kind of diagnosis. If affects the case they will likely dismiss you from serving.
I'll try that and I'll see if I can get off for the cognitive issues. I just feel completely useless because of all these issues

Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Good luck, I'd suggest you ask them to write down (maybe an email) the ticket charges. Not being able to know why must not be easy
I tried calling, but no answer. Probably because today is Columbus day. Looks like I might actually have to go to court tomorrow

Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
I tried calling, but no answer. Probably because today is Columbus day. Looks like I might actually have to go to court tomorrow

Do you think an email would make things easier? Emails are less stressful than phone calls for me. Although as it's tomorrow it may not be read in time. Depending on the country/state, they should be able to work around your cognitive distortion. Remember there's nothing wrong to have it repeated/written for you. Good luck tomorrow!

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Wish me luck y'all. I have to call the courthouse today to settle this expired inspection. I'd rather have a meteor hit me though. I wrote down what I want to say because my articulation issues are awful.

Good luck to you. I hope you are able to get all of this fixed soon.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Do you think an email would make things easier? Emails are less stressful than phone calls for me. Although as it's tomorrow it may not be read in time. Depending on the country/state, they should be able to work around your cognitive distortion. Remember there's nothing wrong to have it repeated/written for you. Good luck tomorrow!
I don't even know their email

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993