• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Gothsinner

Gothsinner

Jul 26, 2019
So its happened. I am no longer a human being. I now feel no emotions at all. I can't register them and I can't feel them. Or maybe I can i just don't have any anymore. After all the suffering I wanted emotional numbness so bad. Now after 11 years of depression it's happened. Is there a way to get them back? And do you guys feel emotions? What are your stances on emotion is it good or bad? Can I recover them?

MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
My emotions always come back eventually. I'm ambivalent about which state is better. Because my main problem is the inability to connect to people, when I'm emotionless I'm less upset about it (obviously) but it also tends to make my isolation worse because I don't have the passion to bother with it anymore.

I also understandably get treated worse when I'm emotionless because I'm less inclined to care about pleasing/helping people.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Most people have emotional variability. For example, if a stranger tells you to "get lost" it hurts much less than if your child tells you the same thing.

Perhaps your environment is not such as to allow yourself to be open to what has been called "the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune".

Our emotional protection can operate automatically to protect us. If it has become stuck in the closed position, there are some ways to experiment with opening it a little. Consider selecting a safe place and watching a tearjerker movie. Some find a connection with puppies or kittens at a pet store.

One gains skill with controlling emotional exposure in proportion to ones skill in making an accurate risk assessment of the people one meets.

Reactions: issyishere
issyishere

issyishere

Goodnight and always remember that’s life
Nov 5, 2019
I believe constant depression and anxiety may cause your brain to detach itself causing that numbness you feel. It's the only way for it to protect itself from reality. I believe if you treat why you became/are depressed or the factors that led to it you can finally begin to learn how to feel again. It will takes months and it will not be easy but I am sure it is possible if you have the willpower to go through the motions.