• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
A little background I have been working at a distribution hub as a package handler part time for almost a year and I also have a another job afterwards my shift. In the beginning HR and the other outbound managers seemed to be cool with me leaving before the 6 hours, which you must take a mandatory 30 minute break afterwards if you work past 6 hours. To me those 30 min I could be doing something more useful with my time instead of hanging around not getting paid for it. I'm sure some of you may disagree but to me time is important. I use those 30 mins to get ready for my other job and to get there within 45min to an hour. Plus the traffic alone takes 20-30 min just to get home and take a shower then change uniforms and if need be some down time to relax before I go to my other job. Lately my assistant manager has been chewing my ass about leaving early and even goes to HR to see if I was okay to go. They said it was fine but she keeps telling me not to leave even though she lets atleast half the other coworkers leave and even the newbies. I don't know why she picks me out of all of them to stay cause my time is just as important as theirs. Heck I know for a fact most of them just go home instead of another job so why isn't she demanding them to stay? Plus I remember specifically when I was hired that HR told me the job is only about 4-5 hours but most times of the week we're lucky if we get done close to 6-7 hours around 8:30 am and sometimes over 9:00 am which is the time I must leave or I have to stay for that 30 min break. My opinion is none of this would be a problem if it wasn't for that 30 min break but all well. She lets all the experienced package handlers go at a time when they are needed and she doesn't even have someone else help me unload an entire IC trailer (heavier/bigger boxes) to get the job done fast enough. For example, some of the trailers were running late and I had to go, she then demanded I stay even though she let 5-7 others guys just leave in front of her and I'm the one who's supposed to stay? Seriously what gives? Should I tell her I have other priorities? Taunt her asking why she let everybody else leave but I can't? You see I'm already frustrated by this that I feel I would blow up the next time she tell she me to stay. I want to keep working there just for a good reference but she is making me want to quit. Heck can she have me fired for it? Should I go to HR about it? You see this just makes want to die even more but if I have to stay here alive I have to work and have a decent background experience if I am even able to survive. Any advice would be great, thank you.

Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
Not sure if you mentioned this, but I would talk directly to her about letting other people get away with it and making you stay. If she is reasonable about it, then take it for what it's worth. Unfortunately, the 6 hour rule is law so it isn't something you can really work around. With that being said, my understanding of the law is that you need a 30 minute break if you work MORE than 6 hours. So if you only work 6 hours to the minute, you shouldn't need one. Now if she isn't reasonable, I would speak with HR. Either way, it kind of sounds like harassment or unfair treatment and if that's the case, legally there could be some options. If you don't want to go that route, it's probably better to look for another job and leave that one. You can still give two weeks notice and then move to a healthier work environment.

Reactions: RM5998 and Circles