• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
I recently finished an academic program which is great, but my mental health has suddenly taken a blow for no apparent reason. I got up this morning, and had a very busy morning which exacerbated the issue further I imagine. I couldn't go to bed until early morning due to being in a meeting with my team. I got up at 6AM this morning after 5 or less hours of sleep, forced myself to go to the gym, felt drained the whole time. I pushed through the workout, endorphins helped but quickly subsided. I got home around 7:30AM, took a shower and had 30 mins to myself. Then at 8AM, I had a meeting again, which went on for nearly 2 hours. We then left and joined another meeting which we had to present an assignment. We did it, finished, then I had to go to school. I had to grab some things from there.

Now, even though the program is done and I think I did good, I just feel so empty. All of my energy feels like it was just sapped straight from me. There's not much else to say, but I'm really doubting if I'll stay committed to the gym. I also compare myself way too often to other more fit people in the gym.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Congratulations on finishing the program. It sounds like it wss very intense. Maybe you need to recuperate from that for a bit.

Unfortunately when it comes to maintaining energy levels and habits it's kind of like a shark that needs to keep swimming to breathe. You have to keep it current at least a little bit or you'll really sink deeper and deeper and make it much harder to progress later down the line because you'll have to recover what you lost.

AlexYaBoy

AlexYaBoy

The Lord of Dribblers
Mar 11, 2024
I recently finished an academic program which is great, but my mental health has suddenly taken a blow for no apparent reason. I got up this morning, and had a very busy morning which exacerbated the issue further I imagine. I couldn't go to bed until early morning due to being in a meeting with my team. I got up at 6AM this morning after 5 or less hours of sleep, forced myself to go to the gym, felt drained the whole time. I pushed through the workout, endorphins helped but quickly subsided. I got home around 7:30AM, took a shower and had 30 mins to myself. Then at 8AM, I had a meeting again, which went on for nearly 2 hours. We then left and joined another meeting which we had to present an assignment. We did it, finished, then I had to go to school. I had to grab some things from there.

Now, even though the program is done and I think I did good, I just feel so empty. All of my energy feels like it was just sapped straight from me. There's not much else to say, but I'm really doubting if I'll stay committed to the gym. I also compare myself way too often to other more fit people in the gym.
30 days to make it a habit, and six months to make it pathological behaviour. If you can keep at it for a month, you won't need motivation, after a while. It'll be the norm. You got this.

Reactions: sserafim