F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Obviously- society (governments, religions) and our parents usually want us to feel like we ought to live. I guess in nature, animal instincts are to survive. Do you suppose that's the default setting though? Is it possible to be suicidal from birth? Is it genetically likely that someone will become suicidal? I guess depression can be hereditary.

Sometimes, it really feels as simple as normies have accepted the default programme- whether they particularly like life or not and, we haven't. What do you think? Even members here who have been suicidal from early childhood maybe don't think they were always that way- with some exceptions.

It's not just about feeling bad enough to want to CTB- I think it's also a mental adjustment of not being willing to comply anymore. I'm not sure everyone has that kind of defiance. That's all I can think of because there seem to still be a lot of miserable people out there who don't contemplate suicide- or- maybe they do in secret! What do you think? Why do so many people comply?

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Kit1
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No and I see wishing to die as a result of becoming aware, humans are conscious beings, rather than just programmed to survive. Existence is very pointless, unnecessary and filled with suffering so I see it as making a lot of sense wishing for death. And I don't understand what's supposedly so "good" about existence to justify the wish for it, the whole idea that there is something wrong with you for not wanting to be burdened by existence is a lie that is used to brainwash people as the society needs slaves.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Kit1 and Forever Sleep
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
It really is. We don't have to equivocate.

No and I see wishing to die as a result of becoming aware,
Aware of what though? Look at r/atheism. That sub has millions of subscribers. I'm sure they all agree that there is no inherent meaning in lif, etc. Why aren't they here?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and Forever Sleep
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I think that people are scared of the unknown - so even those who are not totally happy or are really unhappy put up with life as they might be scared that it will be worse after death.

Imagine if someone believes that after their death, they will reach this paradise where they will be happy or will be born again into a place where they will be happy. If everyone in world somehow knew that they will be at their happiest after their death, we wouldn't have a single person left alive as everyone would have ended their lives straightaway.

And there will still be someone dodgy trying to sell ticket for the way out thinking they can take the money with them!

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep