Neogoloid

Neogoloid

Crush me until there’s nothing left
Oct 28, 2023
You know that part when you start going up slowly, and your heart starts racing as the anticipation of going down rises. And then you finally go speeding down the track. I remember feeling like I was going to pass out the first time I got on a roller coaster. It wasn't the worst feeling in the world though I feel like. Anything to make jumping feel easier though.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
Probably that but 1000% more intense.
The anxiety and SI is going to amplify it.

WIth rollercoasters, you know you are safe.

Reactions: Beyond_Repair, myusername890 and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Sensory overload will probably kick in once you begin free falling because the brain can't handle what is going on.
I'm going to blindfold myself before jumping so I don't chicken out when I run towards the edge.

Reactions: LonelyKitten and myusername890
N

NoHorizon

Experienced
Nov 22, 2022
Probably in terms of the physical sensations, but emotionally I can only imagine it being pure terror for the duration of the fall.

Reactions: Lookoutbelow, WAITING TO DIE and Aim
Division Day

Division Day

It's life that scares me to death
Oct 28, 2023
Sensory overload will probably kick in once you begin free falling because the brain can't handle what is going on.
I'm going to blindfold myself before jumping so I don't chicken out when I run towards the edge.
That seems like a recipe for having your last step in the wrong place and not getting clear enough of the side.

L

LostInTheWoods

Oct 28, 2023
I wonder if the adrenaline etc can give you an heart attack before landing so you dont risk to not die on the impact, you're already dead

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
Probably that but 1000% more intense.
The anxiety and SI is going to amplify it.

WIth rollercoasters, you know you are safe.
Agreed. You know mentally you're not really in danger even if your body feels like it.

I love roller coasters regardless of how high they are, but I could barely make myself jump off a 20ft cliff into water a few years ago when I tried, even after seeing several other people do it. My SI kicks in way too hard, I had at least 3 false starts and was perfectly safe

I don't think I could personally go through with jumping, even if I really wanted to