T

Thanatos

Outsider
Mar 23, 2018
It's not wrong at all. Do what you are comfortable with. You dont owe anybody anything in this life

Dreamless Sleep

Dreamless Sleep

The eternal night before chaos...
Feb 1, 2020
So... potentially unpopular opinion...

I think you should definitely leave a note. The issue we think about is typically leaving a message behind for our loved ones. Yes, that is one very important aspect of it. Also worth considering, though, is that if you don't leave a note, there will need to be other irrefutable evidence of your suicide. Otherwise, your loved ones may be persons of interest in a suspicious death. Maybe they poisoned you with SN, or put the bag over your head, or strangled you. A signed note helps to avoid any possible suspicion. I wouldn't want the police looking into my husband for murder. Even if they ultimately decide that it's definitely suicide, the stress of my passing would be challenging enough without police interviews and the air of suspicion.

I can see that view... depending on the means taken to ctb and those left behind, it could be deemed a suspicious death. A few words penned to state that your actions are your own may be a good idea, without having to write a long drawn out "I'm killing myself because.....".