• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Will you choose hanging as your method?

• Total voters
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
After knowing that you might pee yourself during hanging, would you still choose hanging?
It would not change anything really, I would still choose it as it is an accessible method.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I'm a woman and beginning to prefer partial suspension method. If I can find the spot!!

Reactions: Lady black and Cannedbones
Jumping_realms

Jumping_realms

★☆★ ☠️★☆★
Jul 4, 2021
Interesting results.

About the same in all 3 categories.

destiny

destiny

she/her
Aug 21, 2021
Trans women have higher rates of suicide than trans men, but trans men attempt more, which is the reverse pattern of suicidality in cis men and women. :/ Mentally, they may be women and men, but the data lines up with birth sex.
Let's not forget that trans people run into a lot of social stigma, get rejected by society, are discriminated against. That alone increases suicide risk. Trans women run into these issues more often than trans men. Patriarchal society looking down on femininity and celebrating masculinity might have something to do with that. So it's not as simple as looking at assigned gender at birth to draw conclusions.

Reactions: Whale_bones
one.way.out

one.way.out

Student
Jul 9, 2021
Let's not forget that trans people run into a lot of social stigma, get rejected by society, are discriminated against. That alone increases suicide risk. Trans women run into these issues more often than trans men. Patriarchal society looking down on femininity and celebrating masculinity might have something to do with that. So it's not as simple as looking at assigned gender at birth to draw conclusions.
Trans men, from what I can tell, have just as much stigma going against them as trans women do. They are less represented in media for example. There are far more trans women in politics than trans men: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transgender_political_office-holders Hormone therapy with testosterone causes far more dramatic effects, there can be many dangers for chest-binding. Besides, the idea that trans women have higher rates because they suffer more doesn't make sense? Like I said, trans men attempt more? Your hypothesis, then, would depend on trans men faking, or not being as serious about it as trans women, which I object to. I feel like you didn't actually read my whole post lol. I disagree with you here, using assigned gender at birth to draw conclusions is pretty accurate. I wouldn't say it's an innate trait though, I'd say it's more socialization. Trans women, being socialized as men, have been exposed to more lethal methods. For example, more knowledge of tying knots, more knowledge of guns, as both are considered "masculine."

Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
If I were to follow through on my plan to hang myself, I would wear a disposable pull-up diaper under my clothes when I ctb. That way, my clothes are less likely to be stained by the loosening of my bladder and bowels at the moment of death. But really! Such things are just the final humiliation life likes to impose on the dying. I should accept that as the price of seizing Heaven (although a religious text I have read reminds me that "Heaven is God's to give, not ours to take").

Reactions: therealguy1986
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
Until I joined this forum I had no idea this was even an issue. I don't think people who hang themselves are aware of it, unless they do some research or know anatomy.

destiny

destiny

she/her
Aug 21, 2021
Trans men, from what I can tell, have just as much stigma going against them as trans women do. They are less represented in media for example. There are far more trans women in politics than trans men: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transgender_political_office-holders Hormone therapy with testosterone causes far more dramatic effects, there can be many dangers for chest-binding. Besides, the idea that trans women have higher rates because they suffer more doesn't make sense? Like I said, trans men attempt more? Your hypothesis, then, would depend on trans men faking, or not being as serious about it as trans women, which I object to. I feel like you didn't actually read my whole post lol. I disagree with you here, using assigned gender at birth to draw conclusions is pretty accurate. I wouldn't say it's an innate trait though, I'd say it's more socialization. Trans women, being socialized as men, have been exposed to more lethal methods. For example, more knowledge of tying knots, more knowledge of guns, as both are considered "masculine."
You're right, trans women are more visible. But it's a double edged sword. Transphobia is more often targeted at trans women. Just look at TERF rhetorics for example. No I'm not saying trans men are faking it, and you might also have a point regarding socialization. All I'm saying is that it's a complex matter. Yes you are right, there is a link between AGAB and suicide risk. I wasn't clear in my formulation. What I meant is, sure, there is a statistical correlation, but we can't conclude that it's causal. If society wasn't so shitty towards trans people the numbers might very well change.

This paper has some interesting insights and references in the discussion section.

Sorry I just don't have the state of mind to formulate my points better.

Sincerely,
a trans woman

Last edited:
stankboy421

stankboy421

Aug 16, 2020
Biological female?
So you are mentally not female?
I'm biologically female but I have a beard and a receding hairline cos I am now a man full of testosterone lol so I assume they mean ciswoman?

Reactions: destiny
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I thought hanging would be painful. I think women in general are more frightened of violent/painful methods. But now I've read more about partial suspension, it sounds peaceful.

stankboy421

stankboy421

Aug 16, 2020
I just had a thought: globally and historically speaking, women are severely limited in terms of movement and freedom. Women are often controlled and regulated by others more than men are. Hanging is a method which requires you to either defile your home (idk why I feel this but I feel like hanging inside the home is particularly disturbing to whomever succeeds you, as opposed to other forms of in-home death, for some reason), or go outside of it to another isolated location, often at night time which is obviously further prohibitive for women who have been raised to fear assault. If a woman is in an oppressive environment she may not be free or able to do all necessary things to succeed in hanging. She may not be financially independent to buy a rope, for example. Whereas it is much easier for a woman to sneak into the bathroom at night and take a valium vodka cocktail in the bath, or use a sharp household implement. These are things she might have easier access to.

And not everybody simply realises you can hang yourself from a doorknob with a silk scarf, either. The media stereotype of hanging is a man doing a full suspension from the rafters. This gendered psychological conditioning alone would prevent some women from even considering it as an option.

(I'm not intending to promote sexist stereotypes, I know women are cabaple boss bitches who can physically do anything a man can do, however we do have to acknowledge that these stereotypes have a direct psychological impact on how some women navigate the material world, so they are not redundant to this discussion. For example: A woman who feels she is not strong enough to climb up a tree to tie a noose, regardless of her actual physical capabilities.)

Just a theory, cos in my opinion there is normally some sort of patriarchal conditioning behind most gender-based behavioural differences.

Reactions: blueclover_. and destiny
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
Everyone evacuates when they die. It's known that men tend to use more violent methods whereas women are more likely to OD

blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Better Never to Have Been: 2006, David Benatar
Oct 11, 2021
biological females on record have been seen to choose methods that are reversible and/or less lethal. examples include intentional drug overdoses and vertically slicing the wrists/exsanguination. these methods take a while which makes it easier for them to be saved.

not trying to say that biological females are pussies, btw (i'm biologically female myself) -- we're just inherently programmed to choose methods that leave a wider margin for survival than that of the methods that biological males choose. much of it has to do with the fact that females have a higher s.i. due to the fact that they can carry children

that being said i just wouldn't choose hanging as a suicide method because of how volatile it is. you have no idea whether you're gonna snap your neck, decapitate yourself, or spend the next 30 minutes choking to death unable to get the noose off. too russian roulette-y for my tastes... give me a shotgun and i'll be good hehe

but yeah, here's medical journal that goes a bit more in-depth on this kinda stuff. enjoy :]
But don't let generalization dictate how you view people. Most women are like this, but that small minority are still women, they are just different.

C

ChaseBees

Sep 30, 2021
People who are biologically female are more likely to pick less 'messy' methods. So things like jumping, hanging, or guns are less likely. These also happen to be more lethal.

BasqueClown

BasqueClown

Zirkua ata heriotza
Jun 9, 2022
Women are going to pee themselves(during hanging) about 85% of the time and men about 50% of the time. It has to do with multiple factors, but the mechanics of the plumbing make it much more frequent in women.
Dear gosh, that's a ridiculous claim.
Peeing is my last worry when I die.
That's simply fucking nonsense. Statistically speaking women could hang less, but it doesn't seem a undesirable method to me. When you are in peace with dying, pain is irrelevant.
Yes, I will hang someday, period.

Reactions: VALI