• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Will you choose hanging as your method?

• Total voters
J

jnpx321

Nov 25, 2020
I read this from reddit:
"
I actually once read a forensic study of hundreds of autopsy records from hanging suicides. It was published in a Danish medical journal back in the late 80s.

Basically, women are going to pee themselves(during hanging) about 85% of the time and men about 50% of the time. It has to do with multiple factors, but the mechanics of the plumbing make it much more frequent in women.

In terms of how the various sphincter muscles operate, a rather oversimplified way to explain it is that men normally relax the sphincter in their daily routines and then engage it to move urine out when voiding. Women are the opposite. They passively engage the sphincters on a regular basis and keep urine in, but relax the muscles to 'open the gate', so to speak, and let the urine out."

• Wow
Reactions: stankboy421, vold3m0r†, XIII and 4 others
asleep

asleep

there is another world
Aug 8, 2021
biological females on record have been seen to choose methods that are reversible and/or less lethal. examples include intentional drug overdoses and vertically slicing the wrists/exsanguination. these methods take a while which makes it easier for them to be saved.

not trying to say that biological females are pussies, btw (i'm biologically female myself) -- we're just inherently programmed to choose methods that leave a wider margin for survival than that of the methods that biological males choose. much of it has to do with the fact that females have a higher s.i. due to the fact that they can carry children

that being said i just wouldn't choose hanging as a suicide method because of how volatile it is. you have no idea whether you're gonna snap your neck, decapitate yourself, or spend the next 30 minutes choking to death unable to get the noose off. too russian roulette-y for my tastes... give me a shotgun and i'll be good hehe

but yeah, here's medical journal that goes a bit more in-depth on this kinda stuff. enjoy :]

Reactions: buyersremorse, m00nlyte, Bitterman1996 and 2 others
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
I read this from reddit:
"
I actually once read a forensic study of hundreds of autopsy records from hanging suicides. It was published in a Danish medical journal back in the late 80s.

Basically, women are going to pee themselves(during hanging) about 85% of the time and men about 50% of the time. It has to do with multiple factors, but the mechanics of the plumbing make it much more frequent in women.

In terms of how the various sphincter muscles operate, a rather oversimplified way to explain it is that men normally relax the sphincter in their daily routines and then engage it to move urine out when voiding. Women are the opposite. They passively engage the sphincters on a regular basis and keep urine in, but relax the muscles to 'open the gate', so to speak, and let the urine out."
WTF does this have anything to do with the process and decision to hang? People don't research this peeing fact and then choose to not do it.

For some it's all they have I guess. Others they just are okay with it. Tara Condell did this and she was a fucking hella successful person not concerned with peeing obviously.

Most people shit/pee themselves after croaking. I don't understand what your point is.

Reactions: Goodgirlryeo101, VALI, ChaseBees and 7 others
D

doesntevenmatter

Aug 12, 2021
It's an interesting fact to know, but I will be honest with you I thought women and men percentages on hanging as a CTB method were pretty close to the same. Firearms on the other hand, that's definitely something a male is more likely to do. That's just facts. But hanging/suffocation I think are a lot closer in percentage. I definitely don't think peeing has anything to do with it, but that's just me.

Reactions: aticeret, Skathon, mustard_glass and 1 other person
Dear Agony

Dear Agony

The Void
Jan 24, 2020
I'm a female and hanging is my method, since I don't have access to guns in my country. I don't care what happens to my body after I die. It won't be my problem anymore.

Reactions: Goodgirlryeo101, Solar1703, Worndown and 6 others
xBrialesana

xBrialesana

Become Dust With Me, My Love.
Dec 17, 2019
I'm a female, not worried about pissing myself, I'm just uncoordinated and not about to fuck up so that's not my method. Considered it when I was younger and did my research. But no peeing myself wasn't a factor

Reactions: ChaseBees, Solar1703, BitterlyAlive_ and 2 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
This could never be "the main reason" for any method decision ever.

Reactions: VALI, ChaseBees, stankboy421 and 10 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Mens hav extra weight from penis and can hang more better.

• Yay!
Reactions: HD72, VALI, ChaseBees and 8 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Hanging does works for women but only if they have big tiddies that activate gravity.
Mens hav heit for reach shelf, were ass wamens hav bob for make gravity. Mens hav muscel for climb tree, were ass wamens is flecksible for dodge bullet.

• Yay!
Reactions: ChaseBees, peacefulhorizons, mossyfox and 3 others
J

jnpx321

Nov 25, 2020
biological females on record have been seen to choose methods that are reversible and/or less lethal. examples include intentional drug overdoses and vertically slicing the wrists/exsanguination. these methods take a while which makes it easier for them to be saved.

not trying to say that biological females are pussies, btw (i'm biologically female myself) -- we're just inherently programmed to choose methods that leave a wider margin for survival than that of the methods that biological males choose. much of it has to do with the fact that females have a higher s.i. due to the fact that they can carry children

that being said i just wouldn't choose hanging as a suicide method because of how volatile it is. you have no idea whether you're gonna snap your neck, decapitate yourself, or spend the next 30 minutes choking to death unable to get the noose off. too russian roulette-y for my tastes... give me a shotgun and i'll be good hehe

but yeah, here's medical journal that goes a bit more in-depth on this kinda stuff. enjoy :]
Biological female?
So you are mentally not female?

Reactions: Install-Gentoo, Whale_bones and asleep
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I have never heard about what you are talking about. I'm female and it is likely that I will eventually choose hanging because for me, it is an accessible method and I doubt I will ever get the courage for jumping. I also thought that there was a similar percentage of females and males that chose hanging.

Reactions: Solar1703 and Dear Agony
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Incels lining up in the partners thread for those golden showers.

Reactions: motel rooms
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
I read this from reddit:
"

I don't like hanging because it's unsightly. If I ever do it, I'll cover my body with something.

Also it's painful.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Men are scared of pee too

animals being dicks GIF

• Yay!
Reactions: Null Hypothesis
tiredplant777

tiredplant777

Student
Jul 23, 2021
I'm a woman. Yeah I have a rope for hanging, but it's not my first choice. My first choice is overdose on opiates/fentanyl/heroin. Hanging is really accessible I guess because buying a rope is easy, but I know over dosing would probably be an easier death. Besides over dosing on what I know would kill me, hanging is my only other option I guess.

one.way.out

one.way.out

Student
Jul 9, 2021
What's wrong if they aren't? Have you heard of trans people?
Trans women have higher rates of suicide than trans men, but trans men attempt more, which is the reverse pattern of suicidality in cis men and women. :/ Mentally, they may be women and men, but the data lines up with birth sex.

Reactions: stankboy421
E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020

I doubt that there's an "inherent programming" to the methods women choose or that it has anything to do with our ability to bear children. In the study you linked it even says that women attempt suicide more often and choose a greater variety of methods than men do. There's also trans women who commit suicide at higher rates than cis men and women, but they cannot bear children. Lesbian women are also more likely to kill themselves, I doubt that decision ever takes children into account considering most of us are well aware of the fact that we probably won't have biological children. In addition, lesbian women choose lethal methods like hanging/strangulation/firearms at higher rates than cis women.

In countries with a relatively even rate of suicides between the genders, both genders tend to choose the same lethal methods. Jumping and hanging are the most common methods between both genders in South Korea and Japan respectively -- both very lethal methods. Both countries also happen to have very strict gun and drug laws, and even though they have free healthcare, mental health care is extremely stigmatized. iirc in Japan, employers can even find out if you've sought mental health treatment.

Probably the reason why American men choose more lethal methods is because gun ownership is more common among men, and it's the culture here for men to hold in their feelings and avoid seeking treatment, especially for depression. So men here have more access to lethal methods, and are more likely to end up in the kinds of dire situations where they will choose those lethal methods. It's more acceptable here for women to "act out" and express themselves. Meanwhile in Asia, both men and women are expected to save face and not stick out, and the high-stakes testing for college entrance is a pressure (and the general all-or-nothing competitive societal pressures there) that pretty much all Asian students experience. Similar reasons, same accessibility to methods --> suicides at similar rates using the same methods

Last edited:
Reactions: nil243, Null Hypothesis and Whale_bones
Whale_bones

Whale_bones

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
There's also trans women who commit suicide at higher rates than cis men and women, but they cannot bear children. Lesbian women are also more likely to kill themselves, I doubt that decision ever takes children into account considering most of us are well aware of the fact that we probably won't have biological children.
Gay men and trans men also attempt and commit suicide at higher rates than straight men and cisgender men; the entire scope of discrimination, religious hatred, family abandonment and other societal issues are the reason why rates are higher for LGBTQ people. I don't have the energy to link studies now but this is well-researched and easy to find for anyone who wants to look at it. It's also proven that higher rates of family and societal acceptance lead to lower suicide rates in this population (i.e. it isn't anything about *being* LGBTQ that makes one more suicidal than the average person, it's the experience of living through all the added shitty things.)

You make really good points about culture differences; if there was some deeply engrained need for babies that affected our SI then we'd expect to see that in places like Japan and South Korea too, yet they clearly don't have the same pattern in rates and methods.

• Love
Reactions: Null Hypothesis, everydayiloveyou and Dear Agony
SleepDealer

SleepDealer

Your Imaginary Friend
Aug 13, 2021
The studies I've seen about women's tendencies vs men's tendencies have been largely inconsistent, probably for the reasons people have already discussed. Studies that don't take queer identities into consideration are missing a huge chunk of extremely relevant information. Regardless of your thoughts on LGBT stuff, data is data.

Beyond that, it's difficult to determine one's motive for choosing any particular method without knowing their motive for attempting to CTB or their general situation. There's probably an enormous difference in methods used by those who are terminally ill and bedridden than by those with BPD, for example.

I've seen studies claiming that women are more likely to use nonviolent methods and many of the same things Sleep described. If I had to guess, I think part of why women tend to choose those methods is because women are more likely to live with other people than men are. When you live alone, you have more options. When you live with others, you probably have to be discreet and you might not want to leave behind a traumatizing mess for loved ones to discover.

Reactions: nil243 and everydayiloveyou
Dear Agony

Dear Agony

The Void
Jan 24, 2020
Trans women have higher rates of suicide than trans men, but trans men attempt more, which is the reverse pattern of suicidality in cis men and women. :/ Mentally, they may be women and men, but the data lines up with birth sex.
Yes, I don't doubt that. I was just replying to the person who *implied* just because you're a biological female, you have to identify as a female.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
  • Yay!
Reactions: Whale_bones, Null Hypothesis and motel rooms
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
It can only get buffed by the magic touch of @hotelbeneathground
I don't touch dicks, I devour them until they explode & get reborn as the best version of themselves.

• Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: MiseryWithoutCompany, Whale_bones and Null Hypothesis
J

jnpx321

Nov 25, 2020
I have never heard about what you are talking about. I'm female and it is likely that I will eventually choose hanging because for me, it is an accessible method and I doubt I will ever get the courage for jumping. I also thought that there was a similar percentage of females and males that chose hanging.
After knowing that you might pee yourself during hanging, would you still choose hanging?