hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
Cute Felix pfp.
If I knew I coud die and go to some anime after life which is like a comfy moe SOL I would be gone

Reactions: clocktower
PointlessStruggle

PointlessStruggle

Wretch
Oct 28, 2020
I would say that I want more than anything to have a reason to live. It's just that life is really not tossing me a bone. Destined to die a chump

Reactions: Kat!
PointlessStruggle

PointlessStruggle

Wretch
Oct 28, 2020
A pet, maybe? A friend?
I have a dog who I love very much. Played with her with a tennis ball a bit after watching some twin peaks tonight. I can't talk to her but its about as good as it gets nowadays

• Love
Reactions: dropdeadfred and Kat!
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
It can depend on why an individual wants to die in the first place. In the case of someone who is terminally ill: they do not want to actually die they just want to end the pain, and unfortunately dying is the only way to stop it - death would be a means in this case. However there are also people who commit suicide because they do want to die; for example there are philosophical arguments which argue that life is pointless or that there is no point in living. In other words they wish to die because to them death is the only position that makes sense, it is a non-state were you are not exposed to the monotony of life. In this case death is a goal.

Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
Dying is the only comfort I have, this is the only thing I truly want. I have stupidly promised people I will stop trying to end my life but this just adds to my own desire to go. I wish I never have to wake up every day. But I do. My dreams torment me and living everyday in this world crushes me. I beg to go but still I'm here. Won't someone take this wretched life of mine to finally make me have peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, demuic and _Kaira_
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
Yeah I'm getting my nekos in the afterlife lul
Based, given how terrible life can be I would love to think this will happen.
Otherwise what is the point in it at all if not to just suffer.
I have a dog who I love very much. Played with her with a tennis ball a bit after watching some twin peaks tonight. I can't talk to her but its about as good as it gets nowadays
You could make a friend if that is a main reason you want to die please consider you could enjoy life but really it is all up to you.
there are philosophical arguments which argue that life is pointless or that there is no point in living.
I totally understand: but the only certainty in philosophy is being uncertain. I have taken my pessimism to a new level where I seriously consider death could bring on a even worse existence and it scares me.

Neko

Reactions: Kat! and Sprite_Geist
violetsaturn

violetsaturn

Oct 28, 2020
What books? INB4 Benetar (×﹏×)

It does seem that even without sadness just existing is the cause of suffering.
Everything is a symptom of simply existing
Besides Benatar I've read Every Cradle is a Grave by Sarah Perry

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
What did you think of benetar
Oh what did you think of benetar?
I just spend ages looking for the author of a book I read by a south american philosopher who did a better job than benetar and much more in depth but cannot find it at the moment ;-;
Did you think benetar did a great job arguing for his position?
Critique of affirmative morality is a must read and I assume you read conspiracy against the human race and peter zappfe essay?
cant edit for some reason but the first book I mentioned is the one I was trying to remember.

Last edited:
violetsaturn

violetsaturn

Oct 28, 2020
What did you think of benetar

Oh what did you think of benetar?
I just spend ages looking for the author of a book I read by a south american philosopher who did a better job than benetar and much more in depth but cannot find it at the moment ;-;
Did you think benetar did a great job arguing for his position?

Critique of affirmative morality is a must read and I assume you read conspiracy against the human race and peter zappfe essay?
cant edit for some reason but the first book I mentioned is the one I was trying to remember.
I think Benetar does a good job discussing the theory on a generic level. If I were to introduce antinatalism to a friend I would recommend reading him. I have not read conspiracy against the human race nor the Peter zappfe essay but I definitely will now!

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
I think Benetar does a good job discussing the theory on a generic level.
He is not comprehensive and does not attempt to show critiques to his own ideas such as the asymmetry argument.
I felt like it was a very poor job at a work purporting to be philosophy.
Given that he does not go in depth yet still is written in a way the average person likely wont enjoy I would prefer to suggest Sarah Perry to them despite criticizing some of her arguments greatly as it is actually enjoyable to read.
If you are writing a philosophical text to defend what is a controversial position you better dig deep and fortify it from scrutiny instead of making the entire idea you are defending look worse off by association.
Sorry I just get quite worked up over his work which I have read.

violetsaturn

violetsaturn

Oct 28, 2020
He is not comprehensive and does not attempt to show critiques to his own ideas such as the asymmetry argument.
I felt like it was a very poor job at a work purporting to be philosophy.
Given that he does not go in depth yet still is written in a way the average person likely wont enjoy I would prefer to suggest Sarah Perry to them despite criticizing some of her arguments greatly as it is actually enjoyable to read.
If you are writing a philosophical text to defend what is a controversial position you better dig deep and fortify it from scrutiny instead of making the entire idea you are defending look worse off by association.
Sorry I just get quite worked up over his work which I have read.
No, you make good points. I didn't really see it that way I guess since I read his work first, I admit I am fairly new to antinatalism. I plan to reread Benatar now with what you said in mind.

suicidal-raven

suicidal-raven

There are many of us in one mind.
Nov 2, 2020
I seen you mention you are BPD have you done DBT therapy at all?
If I can ask (/ω\)
I apologize I didn't get to you sooner! I've been busy! But I'm currently doing DBT and I'm in the early stages but I can tell you right now it does work. I know someone else who has BPD who did DBT and it helped them a lot!

• Hugs
Reactions: FreeMe and hoping to lose hope