• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I feel like my life is all about seeking sensations. I try to get as many dopamine rushes as possible. Does anyone else relate to this? Everything I do is for the dopamine kick. Maybe it's cuz I have ADHD…

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
I slide into that when I'm avoiding things. It's what I'm doing here, I guess. Example would be the summer I was supposed to study for the bar. I got behind at the start, and then I'm stressed about being behind so I play games to get that dopamine hit, calm myself down, and avoid the panic that comes with thinking about my situation, then I'm even further behind, etc., until it's a week before the test and I've basically done nothing of substance. Similar habits definitely held me back in my first couple law firm jobs and are still threatening me.

Suffice to say, if I'm seeking dopamine hits it's because something is wrong.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Huh. I can't tell you the last time I had a dopamine rush. I've been numb for so long, gaining enjoyment from absolutely nothing, that I highly doubt anything (pleasurable) happening in my life could even induce a mild euphoric feeling in me.

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
Yeah I think it's similar to stimming.

• Informative
cupcakesandmilk

cupcakesandmilk

̶?̶?̶/̶?̶?̶/̶2̶0̶?̶?̶
Oct 10, 2023
Absolutely, yup; everything and anything I've ever done in my life is merely for seeking some cheap dopamine rushes. It feels kinda pathetic living this way for so long, yet I can't seem to be able to help it...

Last edited:
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I really wish I could feel something - it's the opposite for me, probably because I can't feel anything besides pain, so I don't think I really chase anything except achievements in games :(

I was considering removing damage my family did to me earlier using surgical steel (chemical burns on my arms). I want to know what it feels like to feel something nice, though. I just feel like a zombie. Other peoples replies, which I expected anyway, just make me feel like I'm not even human at this point.

I feel similar to Locked, I guess it's the same for anyone with some degree of anhedonia, what's the point in chasing thrills & feelings when you can't experience them.

• Hugs
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Yeah probably. I'm sensory seeking. I've never stimmed though, I don't think. I'm not sure if I even have Asperger's/autism or if it was a misdiagnosis. I def have ADHD though
Are you sure? Everyone technically stimms to some extent, including hose who are allistic and don't suffer from ADHD.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
No, in my case, I don't really want dopamine hits. What I want is to minimise my suffering. I'm all about suffering reduction, not about maximising happiness. To me, I believe that minimising suffering is more important than maximising happiness

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
No, in my case, I don't really want dopamine hits. What I want is to minimise my suffering. I'm all about suffering reduction, not about maximising happiness. To me, I believe that minimising suffering is more important than maximising happiness
Dopamine is pleasure. It makes you feel good

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Admittedly, I often think about it- right from the morning, the best way to start the day is to have some black tea, and that sorta...

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Admittedly, I often think about it- right from the morning, the best way to start the day is to have some black tea, and that sorta...
You drink black tea? I'm more of a coffee person. I still like tea though. I have to add milk to both. I'm addicted to caffeine. At the height of my caffeine addiction, I would drink 7 cups of coffee per day
my brain no longer produces dopamine
I don't ever feel a dopamine rush unless I take illegal drugs
I've never taken illegal drugs. I'm scared of the consequences (getting addicted, etc)

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

Mar 23, 2023
You drink black tea? I'm more of a coffee person. I still like tea though. I have to add milk to both
I used to drink coffee, but apparantly the black tea is healthier. It contains some antioxidants and l-theanine.

• Informative
I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
You drink black tea? I'm more of a coffee person. I still like tea though. I have to add milk to both. I'm addicted to caffeine. At the height of my caffeine addiction, I would drink 7 cups of coffee per day

I've never taken illegal drugs. I'm scared of the consequences (getting addicted, etc)
yeah drugs are very expensive, dangerous, addictive and can cause long term mental and health problems. I wish i never took any drugs ever

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
I go online and I used to play video games until my mom confiscated my console. She locked it up in her safe 😭
The theory being that browsing forums and the rest of the web is somehow a better use of time? BS, imo. Another reason to gtfo of there, though. But I realize I hit a dead end there.

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

Mar 23, 2023
yeah drugs are very expensive, dangerous, addictive and can cause long term mental and health problems. I wish i never took any drugs ever
Well, it depends on which drugs... Some can be very destructive, or some add pleasure and meaning to life. And they are not necessarily expensive, some can be grown naturally.