Votes: 52 56.5%
  • No way

Votes: 40 43.5%

• Total voters
C

CJM

Experienced
Jul 13, 2018
It's probably so geographically varied that it would be difficult. I'll gladly meet some of you but I live in literally the bottom of the world that's even frequently left off world maps. Look up maps without New Zealand, it's a thing !

Reactions: Deathsrelease, Taylored, lemmeeleev and 1 other person
Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
I think a more appropriate, safer approach would be to create a thread asking if anybody is around your area, as some have already done. That way at least you can communicate with locals and, once sufficient trust has been established, maybe meet up as friends, without any legal excuse for outside interference. A specific gathering would send off alarm bells to ignorant people, although I admit that the idea is enticing. There are all kinds of Meetups and other groups, so why not one for suicide? Only lazy taboos prevent this.

Reactions: Iman, Wolfjob_dayjob and Deathsrelease
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
It's probably so geographically varied that it would be difficult. I'll gladly meet some of you but I live in literally the bottom of the world that's even frequently left off world maps. Look up maps without New Zealand, it's a thing !

Oh that's fine I've always fancied a little holiday there ;-)

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Deathsrelease and Taylored
C

Cookiedough8956

Wowzers
Feb 24, 2019
I don't think it will a good idea for some reason; and if I see a kid, I'm most def NOT going to be okay.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and Deathsrelease
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
I'd love to be there except I'm technically and adult however I still look about eleven years old so people would probably try to 'save' me which I understand. Besides, I'd be too afraid to actually walk over to my suicidal friends.

Reactions: Exile and Wolfjob_dayjob
Amber1974

Amber1974

Student
Dec 9, 2018
I'd be down, but not to discuss CTB, just for the lulz. Judging by this thread however, I'd be sat there by myself. Surely at least one person wants to have a drink with me?
Let's go, you buying? Hahaa

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
mpti

mpti

Feb 19, 2019
Oh that's fine I've always fancied a little holiday there ;-)
I have to admit, it's really pretty sad how international this place is. Whether you're white, black, Hispanic, Asian, male, female, straight, gay, poor, rich, tall or short, we can all agree on one thing: life sucks and suicide is the only solution.

Reactions: DreamsofDeath, Deleted member 4993, ForestLove and 2 others
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Last summer I had a gig in Cal from the East Coast. I drove across country over 3 week, staying in different cities to take in some sights. In every city, I joined a Meet-Up group for people like us. I wouldn't do that again. I enjoy killing time reading comments on this site, but being suicidal (most of us together) doesn't seem to be enough to make it likely we'd get along in person. Maybe it's just me, but every group seems to have a social hierarchy going on. If you're on the alienated end of the ... alienated group, that can be tough to deal with. But if you guys make it happen, I'd like to read about how it goes.

Reactions: Grey-zone and Cookiedough8956
Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
I've also been doing the Meetup thing. I go to a depression game group where nobody talks about their depression. It's a bit odd, but at least it provides a brief respite from the mind-numbing isolation in my daily life. I would love to have other people to talk with in person about suicide, but somehow a group would spoil it. Too many people. Maybe 3 would work.

Reactions: goxua and FTL.Wanderer
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I've also been doing the Meetup thing. I go to a depression game group where nobody talks about their depression. It's a bit odd, but at least it provides a brief respite from the mind-numbing isolation in my daily life. I would love to have other people to talk with in person about suicide, but somehow a group would spoil it. Too many people. Maybe 3 would work.

I think you're right--a small group (at least would work for me) with more intimacy, less competitiveness and alpha-toggling.

Reactions: goxua and Deleted member 4993
Jacquelyn

Jacquelyn

hellworld_kickflip888
Feb 23, 2019
No one talks about it (for obvious reasons) but some people want to hurt others before they CTB. Unloading an AK-47 into a group of people who want to die is an easy way for them to achieve their goals without a guilty conscience.

So, it sounds cool, but no.

Reactions: FTL.Wanderer
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I think you're right--a small group (at least would work for me) with more intimacy, less competitiveness and alpha-toggling.

Liking the phrase "alpha-toggling"

Reactions: FTL.Wanderer
cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
I'd prefer a group that's "friendly" to certain topics but isn't designed around being suicidal. The way that groups are LGBT friendly and you can talk about your same sex partner with no consequences, but the group itself is about kickball or knitting and it about being LGBT.

DreamsofDeath

DreamsofDeath

Fear of crashing and not coming back
Oct 18, 2018
Meet up at this pub maybe?

37982270612_388cbb8a04_b.jpg

Reactions: FTL.Wanderer and Deleted member 4993
DreamsofDeath

DreamsofDeath

Oct 18, 2018
Yep! Mine is a JD and Coke no ice! Hold hands all the way down? :-)

Excellent plan. I'll have a few of whatever local ale they have on then a double rum and coke, stay until closing then head over!

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Excellent plan. I'll have a few of whatever local ale they have on then a double rum and coke, stay until closing then head over!

Perfect :-) we can just stumble over the edge singing

Reactions: DreamsofDeath and Deleted member 4993
DreamsofDeath

DreamsofDeath

Oct 18, 2018
Perfect :-) we can just stumble over the edge singing

It'll be no different to stumbling over and drifting off after any debauched evening out, only no hangover to worry about :wink:

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
It'll be no different to stumbling over and drifting off after any debauched evening out, only no hangover to worry about :wink:

Exactly - no having to deal with paracetamol, pints of water and people talking LOUDLY

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and DreamsofDeath
Othermind

Othermind

-
Dec 26, 2018
Sounds like a really bad idea.
Not pointing fingers, but I'm fairly certain there's predators lurking around here who are just waiting for a chance like this.
Having a partners thread is already crossing the line for me when it comes to safety, this is not something that should be endorsed by the forum in any way.

Reactions: goxua and Chinaski
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Not pointing fingers, but I'm fairly certain there's predators lurking around here who are just waiting for a chance like this.
Having a partners thread is already crossing the line for me when it comes to safety, this is not something that should be endorsed by the forum in any way.

Yes, the partner thread creeps me out a bit

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Othermind
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018

I'd add to this by pointing out I've seen a number of friendships from this forum, even on a loose level and based entirely on text communication, from both close up and out of the corner of my eye and they pretty much always lead to some dramatic falling out which spills over into exctutiating unpleasant weirdness, this is definitely not the place to start if one is wishing to broaden their social circle imo.

Reactions: Johnnythefox and Othermind
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I'd add to this by pointing out I've seen a number of friendships from this forum, even on a loose level and based entirely on text communication, from both close up and out of the corner of my eye and they pretty much always lead to some dramatic falling out which spills over into exctutiating unpleasant weirdness, this is definitely not the place to start if one is wishing to broaden their social circle imo.

It was your fault for refusing to meet me at The Red Lion in Dunstable

Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
It was your fault for refusing to meet me at The Red Lion in Dunstable

In fairness, l include myself in that. Stay out of my pms folks, I'm a right horrible cunt.

Reactions: Johnnythefox