• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ctb★prince

ctb★prince

villain otd
Jul 7, 2023
i dont know who else to ask, i got really involved in all the things happening around the world currently and the only platform im still using decided to i dont know throw as much christian content as possible at me, trying to guilt me into things and make me feel bad for the community that ruined me, ive been blocking account after account, marking videos as not interesting or uncomfortable, but they keep coming, havent commented nor share any of them, please is there anyone who knows how social media alghorithms work i really need help with this asap

Reactions: kermudgeon
G

godsseepiestsoldier

Oct 22, 2023
If you find out please lmk. Have a similar problem with tik tok showing me some awful shit

• Hugs
Reactions: ctb★prince
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
im in a similar situation i keep getting hair transplant and dental implant ads. ive lost count of how many ive blocked but they just keep showing up, probably because you have to look at their account to block them and instagram takes that as you being interested in it. its so annoying and upsetting especially when its around insecurities or a topic thats traumatic to you. idk if theres any way to reset or delete ur view history on instagram. maybe instead of blocking them just say ur not interested in the specific ad so it doesnt register any interaction with the account or topic? thats all i can think of. im sorry ur being shown stuff thats triggering for you, sending hugs if you need them <3
in reply to the previous response im sorry i dont know how tiktoks algorithm works bc ive never used it, but it could be similar to instagram in that any kind of interaction makes it think ur interested?

• Hugs
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I don't know how the algorithm works but I have some experience (from a user perspective) with the YouTube algorithm and Facebook's. I was able to get an empty home page on Facebook after more than a month of unfollowing everyone and everything plus clicking on ads and ask to not see them again.

With YouTube, even though I made it not register anything for ads, remove watch history, delete years of liked videos, delete personal data, mark ads as not interested and click to not show shorts, the algorithm doesn't care and persists. There is no way to avoid certain videos on YouTube unless you mark to not see those channels, I think it is the same with Instagram and TikTok unfortunately.

I am a programmer and I can tell you, no one beyond the people who work on it know how the algorithm works nor will they lend you the tools to manipulate it. It just makes them too much money and engagement.

• Hugs
ctb★prince

ctb★prince

villain otd
Jul 7, 2023
im in a similar situation i keep getting hair transplant and dental implant ads. ive lost count of how many ive blocked but they just keep showing up, probably because you have to look at their account to block them and instagram takes that as you being interested in it. its so annoying and upsetting especially when its around insecurities or a topic thats traumatic to you. idk if theres any way to reset or delete ur view history on instagram. maybe instead of blocking them just say ur not interested in the specific ad so it doesnt register any interaction with the account or topic? thats all i can think of. im sorry ur being shown stuff thats triggering for you, sending hugs if you need them <3
in reply to the previous response im sorry i dont know how tiktoks algorithm works bc ive never used it, but it could be similar to instagram in that any kind of interaction makes it think ur interested?
thank you ill try just that, hoping they will leave your scalp the hell alone!!

• Love
Reactions: cgrtt.brns
kermudgeon

kermudgeon

Exit Through the Gift Shop
Feb 8, 2024
It cuts down on weird shit if you just look at what you're following on Instagram rather than the algorithm's suggested content.

In the upper left corner where it says "Instagram" click on it and it will give you the option between following and favorites- hit following and it will only show who you've chosen to follow. Much better :)