• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Does anyone have any bedtime rituals before falling asleep? I take my meds, put discover documentaries on my laptop on the floor as a white noise, and can only fall asleep like that, every night, for a few years now. Do you fall asleep in the dark or do you also have coping mechanisms to fall asleep? I can't fall asleep any other way...

Last edited:
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
I am off out in 10 minutes to get some melatonin which the doctor prescribed for me I am determined to get my sleep back to normal now so I will stop drinking tea and coffee early, my trouble is I feel really tired and have a knap about 16.00 and then can't sleep.

I like it dark and quiet.

Cheers

Geo

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I am off out in 10 minutes to get some melatonin which the doctor prescribed for me I am determined to get my sleep back to normal now so I will stop drinking tea and coffee early, my trouble is I feel really tired and have a knap about 16.00 and then can't sleep.

Cheers

Geo
I viver my laptop with a black T shirt. Just to hear the voices I guess. I also gave up on caffeine after 2pm.
Eat, music 45 min, brush teeth, music 45 min, melatonin, sleep.
Then I only sleep 3 hours, which is embarrassing.
Only 3 hours, sorry to hear that, is that your average sleep?

LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
I don't have Insomnia but I have kinda of a ritual before going to sleep.

Might sound silly but when I was stressed, I was falling asleep to one of those hair brushing, ear cleaning ASMR videos.
I don't know, it's just really relaxing.

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Eat then dvd then YouTube then ice-cream then come here then 4 hours trying to sleep then sleep for about 3. Curse the universe. Rinse and repeat.

Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
shovel pills down my throat after eating chocolate, turn on an extremist podcast by someone who noticed the emperor is naked or whose harsh realism calms me down after being awake in a world full of hypocrites, sometimes listen to people trash jordan peterson, sometimes add gentle music and/or white noise, sometimes play shitty video game while lying down until too drowsy. recently have been able to cuddle with someone in bed with me but it's not enough to forge any kind of future after all the irreparable damage so, still hoping to die soon.

used to chat with someone else who was supposedly also suicidal...that's over. would chat with another suicidal person though.

• Love
Reactions: The end !
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Putting on dark ambient music in big headphones and falling asleep that way. Been doing this almost every night for the last 10 years or so. My sleep is deep and I have amazing dreams. The music is magic.

The rare nights I don't have access to the music, I can't fall asleep at all.

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
my sleeping room is a electronics free zone. sometimes i try to focus on solving some programming/graphics problem or when i was gaming i somehow continued playing the game in my imagination. helps me fall asleep when i can't. but mainly i go to bed when i am pretty tired without any schedule. my schedule is more a 26h hour schedule so for me there is no classic sleep time. but with age i notice that sleeping in daytime has more and more effect on the depth of my sleep.

i also tried lately when i was on a heavy emotional roller-coaster some meditation technique @Sensei posted somewhere but cause the search function is not working right now, it's gonna be only the video.
the counting while breathing really helped to fade. made somehow the trick for me at emptying my mind.

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
I listen to some asmr vids while I game mindlessly.. It really makes me sleep after a while

• Love
NoTime

NoTime

Jan 16, 2021
Melatonin is a over the counter drug that is legit for fixing ur sleep schedule.

It does become less effective the more you take it but the key is going to sleep at the same time every night.

If u are over the age of 20 then i suggest weed.

My go to's if i dont sleep are:

*Melatonin

*Weed or snus

• Love
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020

Cheers

Geo
Jumper Geo, about 3 month's ago l started using CBD OIL and taking a healthy dose about 2/3 hour's before I wanted to go to my nest and it's worked a treat for me, l use 1-pipette of 2400mg,although you might want to start on a lower strength! Even my dog likes the stuff,3 drops and he's happily chilled!

Reactions: Mentalmick
ansiedad

ansiedad

Alone
Dec 29, 2020
I dont rember how to sleep.
Since my problems I have insomnia, anxiety and depression.
Before of this shit I used to see one or two chapters of any series on netflix and sleep.
Since my problems the first thing was the insomnia. Now I do the same and take my meds(now Im trying to reduce that), but not all the days I can sleep. Like today, there days I only listen music, see ss and try to sleep.
With a bit of lucky i will get a dream.

• Hugs
Reactions: Emily_Numb
Q

quicksand

Jan 19, 2021
It has to be pitch black (I'll use an eye-mask if need be).

Lately I've been sleeping later and later so that I'm tired enough to fall asleep quickly, because typically it takes a while. I've noticed that when I do this (purposely staying up late to tire myself out) I dream, and I pretty much always have lucid dreams, so it can be quite nice. Looking forward to bed rather than dreading it certainly makes a difference.

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
As an genuine insomniac, nothing like that works for me. I just stay awake until my entire body and brain is exhausted and can't take any more.
Failing that - benzos if I have them.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
As an genuine insomniac, nothing like that works for me. I just stay awake until my entire body and brain is exhausted and can't take any more.
Failing that - benzos if I have them.
Dang, that's hardcore. Have you been an insomniac for long?

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
Dang, that's hardcore. Have you been an insomniac for long?
Um, probably since I was 20 or so which would make it 18 years. I have bouts where my sleeping is better, but the insomnia usually returns. I would say 3-5 months out of the year I have 'normal sleep'. Other than that I could be awake for 3 days. It's so damaging for your mental health. I honestly think sleep is the cornerstone for ALL mental health problems. You can't even attempt to fix anything if your sleep is fucked.

• Aww..
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Um, probably since I was 20 or so which would make it 18 years. I have bouts where my sleeping is better, but the insomnia usually returns. I would say 3-5 months out of the year I have 'normal sleep'. Other than that I could be awake for 3 days. It's so damaging for your mental health. I honestly think sleep is the cornerstone for ALL mental health problems. You can't even attempt to fix anything if your sleep is fucked.
Has to be one of the worst, definitely.

Reactions: Emily_Numb