• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

elzo5678

elzo5678

Oct 6, 2020
Just 3 weeks ago I wouldn't have believed you if you'd told me that today I would be feeling happy. I was stuck in my depression, going through a breakup, struggling a lot with my BPD symptoms and on medication that wasn't working. Professionals weren't listening to me and I was beyond hope. I attempted hanging then ordered SN (which, once it arrives, I will probably dispose of). I was in total dispair. I didnt even want to get better. I just didn't care. I wasn't looking after myself, engaging in my bulimia to distract myself from the pain of my existence. I didn't think it would ever get better. But it did! What made it all turn around was a week long hypomanic episode in which I began to exercise again (due to me being so energetic) and eat well. When I fell back into depression, however, I kept on with those habits and consequently didn't dip as low as I have before. I've kept up with working out, eating to nourish myself and doing more social things. I've started listening to more upbeat music instead of my usual depressing playlists. I WANT TO GET BETTER! That feels so amazing to finally say. I am currently struggling a lot with mood swings and have low mood dips regularly. It's tiring and difficult but I want to work on it. I've started an antipsychotic and hole it will help me. I'm so so proud of myself for getting out of the deepest hole I've ever been in. On the 6th of January this year, I attempted hanging with the most desperation and determination I could. I'm so glad I gave up trying. I'm so glad I failed. I hope more of you reading this will be able to say the same one day soon. It honestly does get better.

A

Ayshea46

Jan 28, 2021
Hello how did you deal with your break up mine just happened today and i feel awful .

• Hugs
Reactions: shadowchaser
neitherherenorthere

neitherherenorthere

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
That's wonderful to hear. I hope things continue to improve for you.

clownangel

clownangel

Student
Sep 25, 2019
This rules. I hope your new antipsychotic is a good fit for you & you can keep making progress. :heart:

stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I hope it all works out for you!

But please be aware that sometimes there can be "crashes" were old thoughts pop up after a good (or even manic) episode...don't let them discourage you.
Keep on remembering those good times and your newly found routine.
All the best to you!

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I'm so happy for you! I'm inspired by your strength and your endurance. I agree with the above poster- even during the good stretches crashes can and do unexpectedly arise. It's all part of the process, so please keep on going with your healthy habits even through the down periods. Two steps forward, one step back.

Thank you for sharing your story :heart: :heart: